kimball

7 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

The lack of a DC logo is probably an error, but the big change to the swingman shorts for 2018-19 is that they have pockets.

I got a pair of swingman shorts last year, and they were so comfortable, I said I would never wear anything else if they just had pockets. Nike called my bluff!

All the Fanatics photos from last year had pockets I thought...these clearly have pockets.

M&N has swingman shorts (throwback, of course) and the pockets are indeed fantastic.

It looks like the side stripes go all the way up on the waistband this year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

The lack of a DC logo is probably an error, but the big change to the swingman shorts for 2018-19 is that they have pockets.

I got a pair of swingman shorts last year, and they were so comfortable, I said I would never wear anything else if they just had pockets. Nike called my bluff!

Whoa. Pockets!?  The lack of pockets is the 2nd-biggest reason why I stopped buying swingmans (the first being price).  I might set aside a few bucks to buy a pair this year.  ?

I know I said this last summer when they were unveiled ... the uniforms with the new script are a mess. I wish the numbers matched the new script and they simplified the jersey trim.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

35 minutes ago, kimball said:

I think we're going to be seeing a lot of this, this year with last year's City Jerseys. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

I think it's partially laziness, but as much or moreso, it's also that there aren't enough good jersey concepts in the world for this one-year City cycle.

I am morbidly curious to find out what they're going to do for the Celtics and Spurs type teams of the world. Ever more tenuous with each new season.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

17 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

This one year cycle for "City" isn't good, I wondered how quickly they will be run out of ideas and it look that I already have an answer.

Well, if done right I think teams and Nike can produce some pretty awesome stuff ...

jazz_407.jpgDSERG5xXcAA1bDO.jpgff_2821551alt1_full.jpg&w=900

But, so many teams last year just mailed in pure laziness that didn't catch the spirit of what these jerseys are supposed to entail ...

thunder_605.jpgrockets.jpgNike-NBA-Detroit-Pistons--0-Andre-Drummo

Just don't give me recolored version year after year, give me a new BOLD design. That's what these jerseys are supposed to be about.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

33 minutes ago, kimball said:

Just don't give me recolored version year after year, give me a new BOLD design. That's what these jerseys are supposed to be about.

Well, Miami's just going to be a recolor, but last year's were amazing, so the matching black should be great (and I'd be more than ok with the Heat making the vice set their new full time identity). But it does look like OKC has learned from their mistakes.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

1 minute ago, GMW79 said:

Well, Miami's just going to be a recolor, but last year's were amazing, so the matching black should be great (and I'd be more than ok with the Heat making the vice set their new full time identity). But it does look like OKC has learned from their mistakes.

I agree with Miami, in fact, I think a black Miami Vice jersey will look better than last year's jersey. And, I'm glad to hear they've learned from their mistake and added a Miami Vice court to pair with the jersey.

kimball banner.png

On 9/23/2018 at 10:42 AM, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

I pray the Clippers actually get a red jersey this season and not that ugly black one. It seems they’re scared to use a red jersey since 2016’s disaster 

I’m in agreement...and I actually LIKE their current jersey design (especially in the San Diego colors).

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Archived