kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

At least the text on the Blazers’ Biofreeze ad patch matches the color of the wordmark and Nike logo on their white and black jerseys:

patchrelease_756_091918.jpg?itok=KGAwHU4

The green definitely clashes, but it’d be much worse if the text clashed as well. As I’ve said on here before, the ad patch on the red jersey looks horrible, but at least that one doesn’t have any green on it. The PayPal ad patch on the Suns’ jerseys doesn’t match at all though, with the two shades of blue clashing pretty badly with the purple and orange:

DogiirPVAAEWhrc?format=jpg

Re: Blazers:

I think the ad patch as constituted on the black jersey would actually look okay on the red one.

Re: Suns:

Do you think it'd look better with two shades of purple or two shades or orange? It can't really be both since it wouldn't accommodate the design of the PayPal logo as the bottom P has to bleed through.

1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

Re: Blazers:

I think the ad patch as constituted on the black jersey would actually look okay on the red one.

Re: Suns:

Do you think it'd look better with two shades of purple or two shades or orange? It can't really be both since it wouldn't accommodate the design of the PayPal logo as the bottom P has to bleed through.

For the PayPal logo, I’d say two shades of purple because the company would probably be more willing to adjust their logo from blue to a similar color like purple rather than changing it to something more drastically different like orange. That said, the company would have to be willing to change their brand standards for how their logo can be displayed in-order for that to happen. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 9/24/2018 at 9:30 PM, logos are cool said:

I don't get it, seriously!! Nike had this issue last season and fans complained. They launched new fauxback unis but forgot about fixing the color issue. WTH NIKE!! FIX IT DAMMIT!!

Nike can do gold, if the Lakers wanted gold they would have gold. Why would they give Utah gold, but not the Lakers? Blame Jeanie and them

The Nets have downgraded their baseline, getting rid of the nice subway mosaic in favor of a generic blocky, athletic typeface that isn't currently part of their identity:

I liked the mosaic a lot, and I wish they had done more with it.

8 minutes ago, Waffles said:

The Nets have downgraded their baseline, getting rid of the nice subway mosaic in favor of a generic blocky, athletic typeface that isn't currently part of their identity:

I agree that it's a downgrade, but at least Billy King is no longer giving away draft picks.

I had a feeling they were going to beat that look to death.  This is going to continue throughout the NBA.  A never ending sea of recolored alternate uniforms and wacky alternate court designs are coming.  Make no mistake about it, if the Heat make it to the NBA Finals, they will be going as the Miami Vice.  This is dumb.

Hot take: even the white Vice uniforms last season didn't look that good.  Give me any of the standard Heat uniforms any day over that.  

90758391980.gif

38 minutes ago, Waffles said:

Is that not basically the same font the Knicks use on their court?

New-York-Knicks-Madison-Square-Garden-fl

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

13 minutes ago, nkay said:

Miami from r/nba
DohNi0LUYAAD6L3.jpg

DohNi0KU0AEqfh-.jpg

DohNi0KU0AIgNZm.jpg

My hot take ...

1) I agree with @DC in Da House w/o a Doubt we're going to see TONS of recolored alternate jerseys.

2) Not a fan of the Vice Court ... I like like the key should be blue or pink and the perimeter black. At least it goes with the Vice jerseys better than their main court.

3) So is that pink jersey the 2019-20 jersey? Any info on that? 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

50 minutes ago, Waffles said:

gonna miss this guy...

Doh3DQXUYAAcimE.jpg

There are three other teams with red & black.  Heat are creating an identity that NO other major sports team has.  Only a Miami team could make these colors work.  I love it to death.

I'll have to make a more informed decision on the official release, but I still like the white unis better.  I was hoping for more than just changing of the colors, like some pictures or more icons or something.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, nkay said:

Miami from r/nba
DohNi0LUYAAD6L3.jpg

DohNi0KU0AEqfh-.jpg

DohNi0KU0AIgNZm.jpg

1. The court works well. Although it clashes with the seats in the triple A (American Airlines Arena), it's sooo Miami. I like it!

2. That pink... I honestly don't know how I feel about all that pink. I think they should incorporate the striping & colors from the Miami Floridians for their next city edition w/ the current "Miami Arena" wordmark after the 2018-19 season.

3. I like the black jerseys.

3 hours ago, Waffles said:

Ugh, no.  If it is not too late for it go back to subway mosaic.

2 hours ago, nkay said:

Miami from r/nba
DohNi0LUYAAD6L3.jpgDohNi0KU0AEqfh-.jpgDohNi0KU0AIgNZm.jpg

So black jersey is for current season and pink for next? I'm not a fan of alternate courts, but Heat definitely need that with a Vice theme uniforms.

4r2eer.png

I wonder if those pink jerseys are one of the "playoff jerseys" the 16 teams (who made it last year) + Lakers are getting this year? 

kimball banner.png

8 minutes ago, kimball said:

I wonder if those pink jerseys are one of the "playoff jerseys" the 16 teams (who made it last year) + Lakers are getting this year? 

Playoff jerseys? I didn't heard about this idea. Is it confirmed or is it rumor?

4r2eer.png

Archived