kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, okcsooner35 said:

Is this a possible look at the Thunder’s fifth “playoff” jersey? IIRC a picture of a Westbrook statement shirsey preceded the statement’s reveal last year. 

Possibly. It's a rather simple design that I kinda like. Better than the gray city jerseys from last year.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, okcsooner35 said:

Is this a possible look at the Thunder’s fifth “playoff” jersey? IIRC a picture of a Westbrook statement shirsey preceded the statement’s reveal last year. 

A lot of teams have shirts like this...I think it might be just templated onto a black shirt, but I can't confirm...Memphis's is navy and Chartlotte's is teal. 

ben-simmons-philadelphia-76ers-dri-fit-m

jayson-tatum-boston-celtics-dri-fit-mens

donovan-mitchell-utah-jazz-dri-fit-mens-

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, okcsooner35 said:

From the product description:

features lettering, numbering and logos inspired by the authentic Icon jersey.

On 10/2/2018 at 5:07 PM, tohasbo said:

Let's not forget about the Christmas jerseys and the other classic jerseys that are coming out as well

I believe these are the only other classic uniforms that haven't been officially revealed yet, right?DolU4j9UYAEwaSw?format=jpg

On 10/2/2018 at 5:56 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

There are three other teams with red & black.  Heat are creating an identity that NO other major sports team has.  Only a Miami team could make these colors work.  I love it to death.

Totally agree. They're making pink an actual cool sports color. I want them to go to them full time. If it doesn't stand the test of time, then go back to the old ones. No harm no foul

53 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

I believe these are the only other classic uniforms that haven't been officially revealed yet, right?

Except Warriors also Pacers haven't been officially revealed. In facts Warriors jersey should had v-neck collar, but since EA and 2k using round one, it must be a nike or GSW failure.

4r2eer.png

New post: http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/10/04/multiple-leaks-of-new-2018-19-nba-uniforms-hit-twitter/ 

This idea of an Earned jersey is making an already milked concept get completely out of hand. So teams what made the playoffs will now have at least 5 jerseys per year, and will have to come up with new design on an annual basis? Team brands were not meant to be stretched this far.

11 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

New post: http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/10/04/multiple-leaks-of-new-2018-19-nba-uniforms-hit-twitter/ 

This idea of an Earned jersey is making an already milked concept get completely out of hand. So teams what made the playoffs will now have at least 5 jerseys per year, and will have to come up with new design on an annual basis? Team brands were not meant to be stretched this far.

I like the idea of the "Earned Edition" or whatever Nike bull-:censored: name it is ... it's just ... do we really need it?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

This is from the mothership's article on the Twitter leak ...

NBA-New-Uniforms-Colours-City-Earned-201

A few thoughts ...

• Pretty much confirms the fuschia colored Miami Vice jersey.
  • YEAH JAZZ IN GREEN!
  • Seems like @Teal was right about the Bucks in yellow.
  • I sure hope that green Celtics Earned Jersey is the gold St. Patrick's Day jersey.
  • There's waaaaaaaaay too many teams in gray -- I really hate this trend.

kimball banner.png

I love new jerseys and stuff but five jerseys + possible throwback (for some teams) seems like a lot of sh!t. Are Classics also in the "Earned" column?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

31 minutes ago, kimball said:

I like the idea of the "Earned Edition" or whatever Nike bull-:censored: name it is ... it's just ... do we really need it?

Yeah I should rephrase. I like the idea of it too, but just not the number of jerseys. If they made it that everyone has 3 jerseys and these teams get a 4th, that would be much better imo

51 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I love new jerseys and stuff but five jerseys + possible throwback (for some teams) seems like a lot of sh!t. Are Classics also in the "Earned" column?

Unfortunately no, Classics are separate, meaning some teams will have 6 uniforms.

I'm also expecting the Hawks' City Jerseys to be some kind of 50th anniversary jersey to match with their secondary court.

3531_atlanta_hawks-playing_surface-2019.

kimball banner.png

8 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Why on earth are the 76ers in grey? Especially after those beautiful cream ones last year... 

I can't wait to see the Nike speak for this one...

Something-something-urban-something-Benjamin Franklin's butt-something.

43 minutes ago, JPDesign said:

Unfortunately no, Classics are separate, meaning some teams will have 6 uniforms.

But, considering the Pacers count their Hickory jerseys as throwbacks, I think we can make up any rules we want at this point ...

kimball banner.png

Archived