kimball

On 10/6/2018 at 3:20 AM, skip88 said:

Wow, Nike has turned the NBA into a fashion league. 10+ jerseys for each team, each with a more ridiculous name than the other. + New jerseys every season. 

Has nothing to do with team identity, only about making more money of dumb fans.  You see a game and you don't know who is playing, what a disgrace, and then you also got ads on jerseys! Unbelievable  

I pray Nike don't get the MLB deal.

LOL. If you don't know who's playing, that's your fault. The score bug, front of jerseys, announcers, etc say team names plenty. Come on man. Grey or black or whatever other color jerseys aren't keeping you from knowing what team is playing.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Were they?

They won't be.

Nothing Nike designs these days is meant to be "classic." It would need to stick around for over two years for it to take.

Trust me. I grew up in Southside of Chicago during the 90s. People were not happy about it. Especially since they lost EVERY game (except the 70th win game) with those unis the first year. 

Kinda like the Knicks orange unis a few years back. They looked good but people thought those unis were jinx.

shado_logo.gif

On 10/7/2018 at 10:02 AM, JESSEDIEBOLT said:

LOL. If you don't know who's playing, that's your fault. The score bug, front of jerseys, announcers, etc say team names plenty. Come on man. Grey or black or whatever other color jerseys aren't keeping you from knowing what team is playing.

Uh, I think having to check the score bug to just to know who is playing is precisely what he's upset about. And I agree, I don't like switching on a game and having to look around for a bit to see who's actually playing. It used to take a nanosecond to recognize a team, even in highlights, just by their uniforms.

On 10/6/2018 at 12:13 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

That color is what makes it look like pajamas to me! haha

Right? I definitely had some PJs that were that color as a kid.

That said, I love sky blue. I also agree with @Shadojoker about the number/wordmark size. They need some kind of trim and bigger print in front.

11 minutes ago, Digby said:

Is there a trick to see last season’s Lockervision now that it’s been reset?

I was messing around with it last night and came up with nothing.  

However I did save every single combination from last season and will be doing that again this year once everything is up.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, Shadojoker said:

Trust me. I grew up in Southside of Chicago during the 90s. People were not happy about it. Especially since they lost EVERY game (except the 70th win game) with those unis the first year. 

Kinda like the Knicks orange unis a few years back. They looked good but people thought those unis were jinx.

At least half of their 10 losses that season occurred while wearing them. I can only recall a few of them off the top of my head: Magic, Sonics, Knicks, and Suns. The Knicks loss was probably the worst of all of them since it was a blowout on the NBA on NBC's Game of the Week.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

This stripe on Celtics looks volt not gold especially when you compare it to Hawks, Rockets and Raptors. Damn it, I hope it's my monitor fault.

Going right to the source (lockervision) and zooming in you can see they are gold stripes. Some really interesting socks in here, confirming a lot of things we've heard from @Teal, if I'm not mistaken.

Since I have too much time on my hands, I thought I'd break down the Lakers' jerseys for 2018-19.

Home

Association (White) - 9 times

Icon (Gold) - 15 times

Statement (Purple) - 8 times

City (Pinstripe) - 9 times

Road

Association (White) - 0 times

Icon (Gold) - 26 times

Statement (Purple) - 12 times

City (Pinstripe) - 3 times

Total Games

Association (White) - 9 times

Icon (Gold) - 41 times

Statement (Purple) - 20 times

City (Pinstripe) - 12 times

So, yeah, we're going to be seeing the Lakers' gold jerseys for half of the season ... but, 11 more times on the road than at home! Let's just all grab our pitchforks and head down to the Staples Center.

SIDE NOTE: Both Celtics-Lakers games are Green vs. Gold.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, eRay said:

Going right to the source (lockervision) and zooming in you can see they are gold stripes. Some really interesting socks in here, confirming a lot of things we've heard from @Teal, if I'm not mistaken.

Huh, thank God it's gold. I can't imagine Celtics with a volt color.

4r2eer.png

Archived