-the Icon edition 17 times

-the Statement edition 2 times

-the City edition 1 time

and the Earned edition 0 times

YVRMUBj.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's surprising me how many teams are wearing their Association jerseys on the road. Give us more Color vs. Color!!

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I mean from what I've seen putting around on LockerVision some matchups warrant a color vs. white matchup, but then I see matchups like ... 

Philadelphia vs. Atlanta in Philadelphia -- it's slated for BLUE (Phila) vs. WHITE (Atl) -- why not BLUE (Phila) vs. RED (Atl)?

Cleveland vs. Houston in Cleveland -- it's slated for BLACK (Cle) vs. WHITE (Hou) -- why not BLACK (Cle) vs. RED (Hou)?

or

Dallas vs. New Orleans in Dallas -- it's slated for BLUE (Dal) vs. WHITE (NO) -- why not BLUE (Dal) vs. RED (NO)?

Anyways, you get the point.

The Association jerseys worn away from home court is stupid. They're boring. They shouldn't be worn unless it's unavoidable, which most of the time it would and can be.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Here’s the breakdown for the Blazers:

For the Icon uniform, that’s supposed to say that it’ll be worn 15 times on the road, not 5. Also, since their new city uniform will be black like last season’s, they’ll have two black uniforms again and will be wearing them in exactly half of their games this season (26 games for the Icon, 15 for the City). And since their new Earned edition will be red, they’ll have two red uniforms as well, but will only be wearing them a combined 9 times this season (6 games for the Statement, 3 for the Earned). 

At home:

White: 17 times

Black: 19 times (11 for the Icon, 8 for the City)

Red: 5 times (3 for the Statement, 2 for the Earned)

On the road:

White: 15 times

Black: 22 times (15 for the Icon, 7 for the City)

Red: 4 times (3 for the Statement, 1 for the Earned)

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

This season alone, OKC will be making use of navy, blue, orange, yellow, and now this turquoise color. If you want to count last year, we can include the dark and light gray gradient from the City set as well. We've also now seen 4 variations of 'OKC' across the chest over the past 2 or 3 years -- wordmark OKC (last year's City), straight OKC (sunset orange set), sliced OKC (Statement), and the native OKC (this year's City). It'd be 5 if you count them putting the actual OKC logo across the chest with the sleeved home set from a couple years ago.

The City and Statement sets being so much different than their original look really make it seem like they could be testing the waters for a potential rebranding. Either that, or they have a serious identity crisis. Maybe both? If/when the rebranding happens, I would love to see them clean up their color palette and stick with 2 damn colors. :P

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

As we continue to crowdsource this info, here's what I've got for the Celtics. Looks like neither the City nor the Earned are worn in particular around March 17, which means neither is a return of the gold trim alternate, so it's all trash anyway, as is any universe where Boston wears its usual jerseys only half the time.

Association: 28 total. 

23 home, 5 road

........... Icon: 21 total. 

3 home, 18 road

. Statement: 18 total. 

8 home, 10 road

........... City: 12 total.

5 home, 7 road

...... Earned:   3 total. 

2 home, 1 road

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

For the Thunder:

Association: 25 times (18 home/7 road) 

Icon: 23 times (6 home/17 road)

Statement: 20 times (8 home/12 road)

City: 6 times (6 home)

Earned: 8 times (4 home/4 road)

- Last season OKC wore the Icon blue 32 times, Association white 28 times, Statement navy 17 times, and City gray 5 times.

- I’m glad OKC is limiting the use of white on the road to only 7 games, though them wearing the Association for the majority of their games is a change from last year.

- The popular Statement navy’s got an increase of 3 games from last year, wish it was more. I hope OKC rebrands using this as the base design soon. 

- The addition of an Earned jersey and it being used 8 times almost entirely explains the drop in use of the Icon blues. I’m not mad about this.

- I’m eager to see the City and Earned designs unveiled to form an opinion on whether I like the City getting an extra game’s use form last year & the Earned being worn for 8 times (more than City, which surprised me).

- Hoping this is the last year for Icon and Association designs. 

12 hours ago, kimball said:

I mean from what I've seen putting around on LockerVision some matchups warrant a color vs. white matchup, but then I see matchups like ... 

Philadelphia vs. Atlanta in Philadelphia -- it's slated for BLUE (Phila) vs. WHITE (Atl) -- why not BLUE (Phila) vs. RED (Atl)?

Cleveland vs. Houston in Cleveland -- it's slated for BLACK (Cle) vs. WHITE (Hou) -- why not BLACK (Cle) vs. RED (Hou)?

or

Dallas vs. New Orleans in Dallas -- it's slated for BLUE (Dal) vs. WHITE (NO) -- why not BLUE (Dal) vs. RED (NO)?

Anyways, you get the point.

The Association jerseys worn away from home court is stupid. They're boring. They shouldn't be worn unless it's unavoidable, which most of the time it would and can be.

The first thing I’d do to regain a semblance of normalcy would be to ban white uniforms on the road. That way you can still get color vs color but it wouldn’t look nearly as odd as white on the road

07Giants.pngnyy.png

2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

The first thing I’d do to regain a semblance of normalcy would be to ban white uniforms on the road. That way you can still get color vs color but it wouldn’t look nearly as odd as white on the road

White on the road honestly doesn't bother me as much as teams wearing the Icon as their primary home look *cough* Sixers *cough* 

If they want to wear their Icon at home roughly as much as they do Statement and City, that's fine. It just annoys me that arguably one of the best home looks pre-Nike will only be work at home 5 times this year.

YVRMUBj.png

18 hours ago, j'villejags said:

This season alone, OKC will be making use of navy, blue, orange, yellow, and now this turquoise color. If you want to count last year, we can include the dark and light gray gradient from the City set as well. We've also now seen 4 variations of 'OKC' across the chest over the past 2 or 3 years -- wordmark OKC (last year's City), straight OKC (sunset orange set), sliced OKC (Statement), and the native OKC (this year's City). It'd be 5 if you count them putting the actual OKC logo across the chest with the sleeved home set from a couple years ago.

The City and Statement sets being so much different than their original look really make it seem like they could be testing the waters for a potential rebranding. Either that, or they have a serious identity crisis. Maybe both? If/when the rebranding happens, I would love to see them clean up their color palette and stick with 2 damn colors. :P

I'd say replace royal and navy both with turquoise, and use orange and yellow both as accent colors. Kinda like the Marlins minus the black and with the turquoise as the main color. And more yellow, lest they look too much like the Knicks (as they already do).

...ooooooooor just draft a new logo and come up with an Oklahoma-centric color scheme.

Archived