kimball

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

While the Thunder's logo is one of the worst in sports, the Statement jerseys are really nice.  Home and road set based on that design would be fine.

Agreed. They could make something work that would be really nice with that template. I don't think a full new logo set is needed.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

While the Thunder's logo is one of the worst in sports, the Statement jerseys are really nice.  Home and road set based on that design would be fine.

While the Thunder's logo and "OKC" wordmark need to go, I've always liked their home and road uniforms, minus not having "City" under the number on their road jersey. Their current Statement and their old Red-Orange alternate would make a nice set to their regular home and road (or, if we're using Nike-speak, "Association" and "Icon" jerseys).

While their white sleeved jerseys and current City uniforms are both terrible as a whole, those jerseys at lease have a couple good elements to them: the sound waves on the pants and Dark Gray as a team color (which IMO would still look better with Light Blue and Red-Orange better than Navy Blue). If they could find a way to incorporate all those elements and the Statement patterm into a coherent set, they could look great.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I guess this was the perfect topic to finally give my opinion on the NBA. THIS WHOLE 4 JERSEY THING SUCKS! Why not have 8 jerseys in 2018-19? You really can't have changes anymore in my opinion after you have messed with the identity of a team. When I turn on a game, I don't know who the hell I'm watching anymore. Sorry I'm being old school here but it's gotten out of control. I know it's about money but geez.

Dear Lord, the Cavs City jerseys look like they're worn inside out. Name a worse jersey in NBA history. I dare you. If Lebron up and leaves The Land again, please do everyone a favor and burn the crap out of those. Two birds with one stone.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

45 minutes ago, HighCheese said:

Cant believe the lakers have only worn purple 4 times this season.  twice were at home, another was for a clipper home game. So only once away from staples center

warriors-lakers-basketball_24963737_9032

They haven't even worn these in 2018 yet.  Did they forget about it?

4ffh6gt.png

I think the Nike run in the NBA has been a disaster so far. This whole “Teams can wear whatever they want” experiment is terrible. Then there’s the Lakers who aren’t even wearing their classic purple jerseys. That’s like the Yankees not wearing pinstripes for the majority of the season. 

XM4KeeA.png

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but the only new NBA jerseys next year will be a new City (4th jersey) for every team, right?

+ any teams that do a uniform overhaul to their Icon and Association (Am I doing this  naming convention right?). 

& if I am correct, does that mean every team won’t have stupid calendar restrictions on when they can wear a jersey? Because that was my biggest complaint of Nike this year, was teams only being able to wear 2 of the 4 jerseys for a 1/3 of the season.

That way my Thunder should be able to wear their Statement jersey on opening night next year..

12 minutes ago, okcsooner35 said:

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but the only new NBA jerseys next year will be a new City (4th jersey) for every team, right?

+ any teams that do a uniform overhaul to their Icon and Association (Am I doing this  naming convention right?). 

& if I am correct, does that mean every team won’t have stupid calendar restrictions on when they can wear a jersey? Because that was my biggest complaint of Nike this year, was teams only being able to wear 2 of the 4 jerseys for a 1/3 of the season.

That way my Thunder should be able to wear their Statement jersey on opening night next year..

Correct, every team will get a new City jersey.

Jaguars

3 hours ago, insert name said:

I think the Nike run in the NBA has been a disaster so far. This whole “Teams can wear whatever they want” experiment is terrible. Then there’s the Lakers who aren’t even wearing their classic purple jerseys. That’s like the Yankees not wearing pinstripes for the majority of the season. 

Sorry, that was up to the team to decide what to wear.  Nike didn't twist their arm and say "You have to wear this, or have to wear that."  The teams did not have to wear the "city edition" unis but decided to do so anyway.  Why?  Due to national exposure and marketing.

That being said, I wouldn't say it was a disaster, but I do believe Nike still has work to do, like preventing jerseys to rip and so forth.  IMO, they will figure it out because they are multi millionaire company and they want to maintain their #1 apparel company in the United States.  Besides most of their unis are better than the 2010-17 Adidas rev 30 disaster we had to experience the last several seasons.  Like I said, I am positive they will figure it out.

19 hours ago, HighCheese said:

Cant believe the lakers have only worn purple 4 times this season.  twice were at home, another was for a clipper home game. So only once away from staples center

warriors-lakers-basketball_24963737_9032

This is exactly what I was talking about. HighCheese is right.

22 minutes ago, tscuzzy said:
Miami really needs to bring these back next season. I hope Nike isn't strict about the city jerseys changing every season.

Hoping for a black version of it. The team's store has said that demand for Vice products was extraordinarily strong, so I think they are aware that it's a success.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Hoping for a black version of it. The team's store has said that demand for Vice products was extraordinarily strong, so I think they are aware that it's a success.

I would be shocked if the Heat's City Jersey next year wasn't this template on a black jersey.

Also if the Heat were ever going to shake things up the Miami Vice colors could work well.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 10/02/2018 at 4:49 AM, kimball said:

I would be shocked if the Heat's City Jersey next year wasn't this template on a black jersey.

Also if the Heat were ever going to shake things up the Miami Vice colors could work well.

I 100% agree.

Jaguars

On 2/8/2018 at 10:21 PM, joekono said:

This is exactly what I was talking about. HighCheese is right.

The thing is, the Lakers not wearing purple is a Lakers issue, not a Nike issue. Since introducing the purple set they've played 17 road games. They did wear purple on the road 4 times, so that leaves 13. Of those, 10 times they chose to wear something other than purple, but purple would have been feasible. The games they've played where purple wouldn't have made sense were at Philly and Oklahoma City (both wore blue), and at Charlotte (wore purple).

Nike obviously worked with the league to set a staggered intro for each of the designs, but at this point to me it's on the teams if they're not wearing what fans think they're "supposed" to wear for a majority of their games. 19 teams have worn their Statement uniform more than their Icon since introducing them. So it's not like the Lakers are being told "don't wear purple."

On 2018-02-09 at 10:08 AM, WSU151 said:

These might be one of my favourite basketball jerseys of all time. 

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

On 2/9/2018 at 8:08 AM, WSU151 said:

I’d even like to see a teal or - wait for it - a PINK one.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Archived