kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope the Warriors update their mark with this in mind.

Moving back to San Francisco, it makes much more sense to change the silhouette to something more reminiscent of the western span of the Bay Bridge rather than continuing with the Oakland half of the bridge that currently anchors their logo. The illustration style is also much more timeless, and I prefer the symmetrical composition of the twin bridge towers with the number centered below.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

37 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I really hope the Warriors update their mark with this in mind.

Moving back to San Francisco, it makes much more sense to change the silhouette to something more reminiscent of the western span of the Bay Bridge rather than continuing with the Oakland half of the bridge that currently anchors their logo. The illustration style is also much more timeless, and I prefer the symmetrical composition of the twin bridge towers with the number centered below.

Cosigned. And for the love of everything holy, change that Copperplate to bespoke typography. SURELY there is a firm in San Fran that would jump at the opportunity to design some materials for the Dubs.

Well according to this, the odds are great ...

NBA-New-Uniforms-Colours-City-Earned-201

Which makes you wonder if that means the "Earned" jersey will be a white version of this one?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

CHA_HCE_1_1.jpg

Watching highlights of that game made me realize how #1, #2, #33, etc. should be retired by now. Odd seeing Marvin Williams and Malik Monk in legendary Hornets' jersey numbers. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 10/17/2018 at 10:13 PM, panthers_2012 said:

That's a bad cover-up.

I can only assume their sponsor requested them to change it up so that their logo could "pop" a bit more. I was wondering if we'd see a similar change on their White uniforms and sure enough....

from tonight

eRNpvHe.jpg

Old version from last year was this

nNW3HG5.jpg

10 hours ago, kimball said:

Watching highlights of that game made me realize how #1, #2, #33, etc. should be retired by now. Odd seeing Marvin Williams and Malik Monk in legendary Hornets' jersey numbers. 

I didn’t realize until reading this and taking a quick peek at Wikipedia that 13 for Bobby Phills is the only Hornets number retired. I had thought for sure I remembered Muggsy’s and Grandmama’s being retired. Huh. 

As for the game itself aesthetically? Lets just say one 90’s kid here was very happy watching highlights. That was awesome.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, djam2410 said:

Interesting. More than the Flo-Jo's that these are probably based off of, that gray uniform reminds me of the late 90's prototype set that Indy was considering. Especially because of the stripes. U27tFSm.png

5 hours ago, kimball said:

Hell no. Retire Muggsy & Dell's numbers, but no way does 'Zo deserve to have his retired, and LJ is a borderline case.

Sure, they put the Hornets on the map, but both of them ended up alienating the fans with their behaviour and attitudes. They can be honoured some other way.

1 hour ago, mgfoxx said:

Interesting. More than the Flo-Jo's that these are probably based off of, that gray uniform reminds me of the late 90's prototype set that Indy was considering. Especially because of the stripes. U27tFSm.png

That's a better look than what they ended up going with.

marc-jackson-of-the-indiana-pacers-shoot

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

I was just thinking of the same thing. These look exactly like the old prototypes from the 90s! If they bring these back full time especially for the "Earned" ones. Wow

shado_logo.gif

7 hours ago, Discogod said:

Hell no. Retire Muggsy & Dell's numbers, but no way does 'Zo deserve to have his retired, and LJ is a borderline case.

Sure, they put the Hornets on the map, but both of them ended up alienating the fans with their behaviour and attitudes. They can be honoured some other way.

Yeah, I agree. I forgot how they left, especially Zo. But, there’s no reason at least Muggsy’s #1 isn’t hanging in the rafters.

kimball banner.png

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

That's a better look than what they ended up going with.

marc-jackson-of-the-indiana-pacers-shoot

Ehhhhhhhhhhh ... I vehemently disagree.

kimball banner.png

9 minutes ago, JELKK said:

All pistons fans want is a good RED jersey, but the pistons hear it as "lets make the motor city jersey worst every year."

I've been calling for the return of this jersey for 10 years, ever since it was discontinued for reasons that were never made clear by the team:

3RjBpQG.jpg

I can't come up with any good reason that this isn't the "statement" jersey, with some kind of amalgamation of the current statement ("chrome") and city jersey being the city option. Conrad nailed what, for me, would be the perfect set for the Pistons in his concept last year:

FC22Pjy.jpg

18 hours ago, kimball said:

So, is it the hood of a car? ?

Yeah, racing stripes on a car is the inspiration, I would think.

mus6-white-met-blue-gls-red-narrow-dual-

No matter what, not a good look, and I don't get the continued insistence on using navy, which was dropped from their color scheme last year.

8 hours ago, Discogod said:

They put the Hornets on the map, not the Bob...I mean Hornets.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived