kimball

47 minutes ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

It's funny how the guy who did not want his name profited off of and was very secretive when alive is now having his name become a marleting ploy all over. Shame. The design is alright tho

Yeah my thought was kinda the same. I thought I remembered his family being upset when Timberlake nodded to him during his SB halftime show and got to thinking, “what are they going to think of this? What would Prince himself think of this if he were still alive?” Doesn’t seem to me like the kind of thing that would bode well with them or him. 

The design itself is okay, if not a little forced. I don’t think the shoulder design is really necessary; the use of purple and the Purple Rain font says “Prince” enough. I don’t like the idea of teams nowadays just wearing whatever color they want to on thier alternates, but I guess if you’re honoring Prince, it has to have purple. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jus2damcrazey219 said:

It's funny how the guy who did not want his name profited off of and was very secretive when alive is now having his name become a marleting ploy all over. Shame. The design is alright tho

Remember how Prince changed his name to an unpronouncable symbol to because his own name had been taken from him by a marketing machine? Okay, what if we took that symbol, and then put a sports team's logo on it, and then sold it?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Assemble your crew. I'll be outside.

30 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Remember how Prince changed his name to an unpronouncable symbol to because his own name had been taken from him by a marketing machine? Okay, what if we took that symbol, and then put a sports team's logo on it, and then sold it?

What's going on in your avatar? I laugh every time but have no idea what it is.

23 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I’m just happy that no Las Vegas-based team has tried to do something based on the Raoul Duke persona of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson. His estate has thankfully been pretty protective of his image, even shooting down that whole drug-filled “writing schedule” report.

I do find it funny how we’ve gone from Prince’s music being verboten online (to the point of not being on iTunes) to his estate mass-marketing his work on all fronts after he died. Choose your executor and wording of your will wisely. 

27 minutes ago, Danny said:

What's going on in your avatar? I laugh every time but have no idea what it is.

I'm From Barcelona

24 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I do find it funny how we’ve gone from Prince’s music being verboten online (to the point of not being on iTunes) to his estate mass-marketing his work on all fronts after he died. 

I downloaded eight Prince albums off slsk in the summer of '06 and half-hoped that purple-clad shock troops would arrive at my door if only for a story to tell.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 10/21/2018 at 3:15 PM, habsfan1 said:

Thanks @FinsUp1214.

At least one of them should be the classic purple or the reverse yellows, but neither of them are.

Both of them are fashion jerseys consisting of flavor-of-the-month trends, both with BFBS. Because they ditched the classic purple, I have to agree that both of these are trash replacements for the road jersey.

Honestly, I think the magic one is a great alternate IFT

The pinstipes actually are regular pinstripes and not words
The 32 is gone
The "Los Angeles" part of the chest logo is removed.

The Purple Alternate, the one with the Black side is immediatly perfect by removing that Side panel and making it all purple.

I wonder if they tried to "toughen them up" since they are a softer shade of purple.

Black isn't a bad color to add to a lakers jersey- just not their Yellow and Purple ones.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

16 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Leak: T-Wolves Honour Prince With New Uniform

October 23, 2018 - 00:32 AM

Prince-Minnesota-Timberwolves.png

I never meant to cause you any sorrow, I never meant to cause you any pain… I only wanted to see an NBA uniform leak again. Today it was the Minnesota Timberwolves with their apparent tribute to Minneapolis-native musician/songwriter Prince, […]

Read More...

cant help to think about this joke (when it said leak)

so long and thanks for all the fish.

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

What they really should be doing is a Replacements-themed jersey in honor of all their players hating each other and wanting to quit.

Or a Husker Du jersey in honor of not being a very well-known franchise.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

12 hours ago, Teal said:

Are the Lakers going to wear their Gold uniforms every single game this season? LOL!

0-3 in them, so look for them to win once they wear the city editions and yeah, they'll never wear gold again.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm surprised at the negative reception in this thread. I think it's pretty cool.

They're not bad for a one year thing -- I'll wait for full judgement after seeing a player wear it. But, I like the idea of honor Prince. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Just now, gosioux76 said:

Just imagine what they'll do when Bob Dylan dies. 

Probably nothing.  Prince is a much bigger deal here (and I say that as a Dylan fan and not a Prince fan).  Plus there's an entire color associated with him and, maybe most importantly, I think Prince, unlike almost any other celebrity, always lived in Minnesota.  People from Minnesota appreciate that quite a bit.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

Don't give the Wolves any ideas for next year...

Archived