kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, Brooklyn nailed it in my opinion. That little bit of Coogi sweater pattern against black looks really cool. If the whole thing from jersey to shorts was the pattern it’d be too much, but this is really tastefully done and sharp. I’ll reserve giving out “best city uniform” until we see them all, but that’s my front runner at the moment.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Here’s the Knicks City jersey. I like the trim, not so sure about the navy-on-navy outlines on names and numbers. Still don’t understand what the heck is going on near the armpit. Personally I think last years FDNY uniforms were better. November 9 release date for City uniforms?

EDIT: Ok, the side panels look much worse now. What is going on there?

I would venture to guess that the stripes on sidepanels are buildings in a skyline.

More NBA City Uniform Leaks: Nets, Pacers, and Knicks

October 24, 2018 - 15:06 PM

Hey, look! More new NBA uniform leaks. Despite the fact that almost half the league now has had their new uniforms revealed prematurely by retail employees and customers coming across the yet-to-be-unveiled uniforms, Nike and the NBA are still set […]

Read More...

Just to carry over what I said in the NBA Changes thread, I think Brooklyn might end up being the best city uniform this year. Still waiting to see the others before I fully commit to that, but it’s the best I’ve seen come out so far and certainly the best executed concept in my opinion. The Coogi sweater pattern looks excellent against black and it’s very tastefully applied. A few of us have assumed it may be a Notorious B.I.G. tribute in the other thread and if so, that’s a tribute done right. Not at all over the top, but a simple nod that’s so well executed that it still speaks volumes without it being “in your face”. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I’m gonna guess that those Nets’ City uniforms are inspired by the Black History Month. I could be wrong, but that’s the first thing that came to mind.

The Pacers’ City uniforms looks like something you can find on this site’s Concepts forum.

New York’s City uniforms, at first sight, are modernized classics. I don’t mind if Nike makes Knicks’ Association and Icon uniforms based from these.

Really digging the Brooklyn Coogi Jerseys.

Not just for the design, but the little education lesson I got searching "WHAT THE HELL IS A COOGI SWEATER?!" Read more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coogi

These kind of jerseys are why there are City Jerseys. I dig it.

1 hour ago, shaydre1019 said:

I would venture to guess that the stripes on sidepanels are buildings in a skyline.

I second that assessment. But, is the base color a darker navy or black? I can't really tell.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

17 minutes ago, edjb93 said:

I’m gonna guess that those Nets’ City uniforms are inspired by the Black History Month. I could be wrong, but that’s the first thing that came to mind.

Well, not so much Black History Month, but New York City and Brooklyn black community in general. I love the look.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

So, thus far 13 teams’ City’s have leaked. Adding Utah’s carryover, that’s damn near half the league. Nike should just release them already.

By my count: Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, Detroit, Golden State, Houston, Indiana, Los Angeles, Miami, Minnesota, New York, Oklahoma City, Toronto, Utah

15 minutes ago, okcsooner35 said:

So, thus far 13 teams’ City’s have leaked. Adding Utah’s carryover, that’s damn near half the league. Nike should just release them already.

By my count: Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, Detroit, Golden State, Houston, Indiana, Los Angeles, Miami, Minnesota, New York, Oklahoma City, Toronto, Utah

Did Cleveland's leak, or was that not confirmed yet?

kimball banner.png

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Just to carry over what I said in the NBA Changes thread, I think Brooklyn might end up being the best city uniform this year. Still waiting to see the others before I fully commit to that, but it’s the best I’ve seen come out so far and certainly the best executed concept in my opinion. The Coogi sweater pattern looks excellent against black and it’s very tastefully applied. A few of us have assumed it may be a Notorious B.I.G. tribute in the other thread and if so, that’s a tribute done right. Not at all over the top, but a simple nod that’s so well executed that it still speaks volumes without it being “in your face”. 

Agreed, but I would keep an eye out for the Bucks City set ;)

Jaguars

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Agreed, but I would keep an eye out for the Bucks City set ;)

Since you said it was yellow, I hope it's basically a jersey version of this shirt with the BUCKS script over it! 

3D-Beer-T-Shirt-Men-s-Patchwork-Summer-T

It's everything we don't need, but definitely deserve in today's NBA.

kimball banner.png

Archived