kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, tscuzzy said:

#1 Priority of the Offseason for Nike - Get the Lakers back in GOLD. 

As someone who was a Lakers-gold-gate skeptic early in the year, seeing those next to the lime trim on the Hawks' unis was an uncomfortably close match.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I don't even know where to start with Nike...

Personally, I like the Pacers and Suns rebrands. The city uniform concept is cool but it's really hit or miss so far and they need to change the rules to limit their usage. The NBA should have been pushing to limit alternates given the amount of muddled brands in the league, but went far into the other direction. Now teams with strong brands, like the Heat, are going to be more associated with their vice jerseys than their great primaries. 

A lot of their new designs are bad though. The ads are bull :censored: but not going anywhere...

If I had to pick ONE thing to fix, it'd be the cut of the jerseys. The way the arm piping cuts off not only looks bad on most of the meh to :censored:ty jerseys, it practically ruins (well for me anyway) classic designs. The Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, Spurs, Knicks, etc. should NOT has their piping end for no goddamn reason. The fact that Nike decided to force every jersey to change with this template is really frustrating.

51 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

If I had to pick ONE thing to fix, it'd be the cut of the jerseys. The way the arm piping cuts off not only looks bad on most of the meh to :censored:ty jerseys, it practically ruins (well for me anyway) classic designs. The Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, Spurs, Knicks, etc. should NOT has their piping end for no goddamn reason. The fact that Nike decided to force every jersey to change with this template is really frustrating.

It's the same as the old massive FlyWire collars. Nike felt it needed to do something to make you notice the jerseys were different. That's the only reason for the weird cut. Has nothing to do with performance. But we all know that.

The Cavs wore navy accessories with their wine uniforms tonight for the first time this season:

DXFjVBtXUAEVYoN?format=jpg

I like this look for them, as it helps bring out the navy trim on the uniforms a bit more. Of course it’s still incredibly frustrating that they’re continuing to use both navy and black in their uniforms and branding, and that all four of their uniforms have different color schemes, but that’s beside the point here.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Cavs wore navy accessories with their wine uniforms tonight for the first time this season:

DXFjVBtXUAEVYoN?format=jpg

I like this look for them, as it helps bring out the navy trim on the uniforms a bit more. Of course it’s still incredibly frustrating that they’re continuing to use both navy and black in their uniforms and branding, and that all four of their uniforms have different color schemes, but that’s beside the point here.

So much navy ugh GIMME GOLD!

The City uniforms are overwhelming me. They should be used like 3 times a year tops. They are beating this shtick to death. I'm not super old school, but this getting ridiculous. We're going down a slippery slope here.

And NONE of them reallyyy look that good. Some are better than others but none of these have reinvented the wheel by any means. Utah has sunsets. Who cares.

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

I'd add make the Utah gradient jerseys primary to that list as well. 

Reaction-pic---Its-a-no-from-me.jpg

I love them, but not as a primary.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

30 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The City uniforms are overwhelming me. They should be used like 3 times a year tops. They are beating this shtick to death. I'm not super old school, but this getting ridiculous. We're going down a slippery slope here.

And NONE of them reallyyy look that good. Some are better than others but none of these have reinvented the wheel by any means. Utah has sunsets. Who cares.

I agree with you. They're being worn too much. Too, too much. I'm getting really sick of the Heat's Miami Vice jerseys being worn eeeeeeeeevery night, just like what they did with their classic jerseys at the first of the year.

I think it'd bug me less if the Miami Vice jerseys were in team colors. There's such a disconnect when they wear them at home on their yellow, red and black court. At least the Raptors, Jazz and Kings got it right with matching courts. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The Jazz tought us that going with a court to compliment a city uniform that is in a different color scheme is a must. Those Jazz gradient uniforms wouldn't look as good on their normal court.

That is exactly why I haven't liked the Heat's city uniform as much as I thought I would. The colors on the jerseys clash too much with the court.

The city uniforms are hit and miss. But I agree they are being worn a bit too much. Especially all throughout ALL STAR WEEKEND. 

I almost forgot what the "Statement" uniforms were. 

Now in regards to my Bulls City uniforms, gimme a full set of those please. ICON (current), Association (sky blue), Statement (black), And city (Red version). ?

shado_logo.gif

11 hours ago, rickyISking said:

That is exactly why I haven't liked the Heat's city uniform as much as I thought I would. The colors on the jerseys clash too much with the court.

Yeah I would have thought they would have introduced a new court for those unis. Maybe next year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Maybe I'm becoming a curmudgeon at 35 years old, but with all of the uniform options and the randomness of whether they are worn at home or on the road it has become a true overload of inconsistency. It's pretty bad that I was watching my Magic play at home last night against the Raptors and the Magic actually wore their home whites last night, but it looked so weird to me because I've been numbed to them wearing their road, alts and/or City uniforms more at home than on the road this season.
We actually had a "correct" uniform match-up last night, with the Raptors in black and Magic in white, but somehow all of the Kool-Aid that Nike NBA has been shoving down our throats has messed up what was once tradition. I don't mind busting out the black Alt or City uniform 5-7 times a season at home, but man do I miss the days when off the bat w/o looking at the court you knew which team was home/away. 

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

I have gotta say tracking the jerseys by dates has been a pain in the ass process since life and other commitments have been keeping me very busy.  I usually go back every 7-10 days to update but the biggest pain with these jerseys is the LAZINESS of select teams having the same base colour for one jersey and having the Statement and/or City jerseys be the same (looking at you New York, Brooklyn, Indiana and Denver).  That is the one thing I hope changes going into next season but who knows what will end up happening.

Archived