kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

It was @Conrad. 

Who have been strangely quiet during these leaks. I know he's seen them all. He usually knows A LOT but maybe he has been "advised" to only comment so much on it.

When he does though it's like cryptic clues like Scooby Doo.

?

3 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

as searching for ideas for a 'dodgers stay in brooklyn' concept and came across this:

DgXlZBk.png

I clicked on the link and it said the page isn't available. Who knows tho

That hat was sold on Lids last year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

Maybe it was an unused design for last year or this year or something

It wasn't. They had a bunch of goofy color swaps based on subway signs that sold for $50 a piece. They coincided with the City Edition, but didn't necessarily have anything to do with the uniform design. hwl?set=sku%5B20953402%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B1

3 hours ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

Maybe it was an unused design for last year or this year or something

I was gonna guess that it had something to do ATCQ with those colors but then I remembered that Tribe is from Queens. Are the circles references to the subway routes?

1 hour ago, mgfoxx said:

Just found this. Looks to be an homage to the Robert Indiana Mecca court. DqznHezUUAI7EJb?format=jpg

r280353_1296x729_16-9.jpg

I refuse to believe that an NBA team would sign off on this. The only thing fire about this is the dumpster where these jerseys need to be dumped, surrounded by a lake of lava so that no one can even come close to being in contact with these atrocities 

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Wow....those Bucks jerseys are genuinely awful. I appreciate the nod to the Mecca, and I admire their willingness to go out on a limb, but from a design perspective it is a complete mess. For as beautiful and well designed as that original court was, those jerseys are the exact opposite.

Here is a Mecca-inspired Milwaukee Bucks City Edition jersey I created a while back, but just realized I never shared on here. The plan was for the side panels of the shorts to mimic the design of the court when viewed vertically. I might try to mock that up now.

1a96Oxi.jpg

13 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Man, some of these are becoming too much. 

Keep in mind last year we had a jersey that looked like outer space.

As of right now I really like how most of the City jerseys will change every year. I'm sure once teams run out of ideas and 29 teams have anthracite jerseys I'll change my mind. I like the ugly ones and I look the good ones. I mean, we're on a board that is fueled by new uniforms, so I can't say I "hate" what Nike is doing.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived