kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NBA: Colourful Bucks, Los Suns New “City” Uniforms Leak

October 31, 2018 - 14:13 PM

It’s a new day, therefore there are of course two more NBA City Edition uniform leaks to report on – the Milwaukee Bucks and the Phoenix Suns. Both of the leaks have been confirmed to us as legitimate. Starting with […]

Read More...

7 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Just found this. Looks to be an homage to the Robert Indiana Mecca court. DqznHezUUAI7EJb?format=jpg

Other teams are going to walk all over these...ha, ha...

In all seriousness:  Awful.  Just awful.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

7 hours ago, BobbyB said:

I was gonna guess that it had something to do ATCQ with those colors but then I remembered that Tribe is from Queens. Are the circles references to the subway routes?

Yeah that's for the subway routes at the arena: red: 2, 3 green: 4, 5 orange: B, D and yellow: N, Q, R 

YVRMUBj.png

*** CAUTION: Pure Speculation Ahead ***

We already know that Memphis' City Edition will be their new grey this season. It just occurred to me that since the day of their redesign, the Grizzlies have been giving away these sunglasses:

hkITj3Q.jpg

(Please ignore my oddly dusty dashboard...)

While they've given away sunglasses for a couple of seasons now, they're usually yellow and haven't matched a uniform before. However, my bet is on a grey set with this new "MEM" shipping container mark front-and-center.

2 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I like the fact that Nike is trying new things..... not all of them work, but there's definitely some passion going into these designs & even if they last just the one year, at least we have ourselves something to look forward to each year now. 

At least Nike provides every team with additional looks and concepts.

With adidas they only moved the needle with certain high-profile teams.  Though it also meant the early-Process 76ers didn't wind up with some sleeved monstrosity.  So, thanks?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

22 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

With adidas they only moved the needle with certain high-profile teams.

Which is why LeBron-lead teams had 4,003,193 million jerseys while others like Milwaukee, Indiana, Utah and other smaller markets had like two.

BUT -- at least adidas left the Lakers relatively alone (sans black and sleeved jerseys)

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I don't think Nike has looked cheaper than it has since taking over the NBA. Not only were the original jerseys ripping, and the pieces (such as the single-colored arm hole loops and collars) look lazier, but every city edition uniform is looking worse and worse. 

I get the court idea here, but it doesn't work on a uniform. It looks like it was actually stitched as different colored pieces like that. 

I have not seen a single addition from Nike since the season started that looks remotely good. I miss Adidas -- the NBA used to be my favorite league to follow from a uniform standpoint, but now it's an eyesore. 

You know what, I really want to hate that new Bucks city uniform. But I can't yet (yet being the key word). But it is definitely what I would consider to be a true "City Uniform". Something out of the box and fun, but it still has a sensible inspiration and (somewhat) simple execution. With that being said, I still need to see the shorts so I can get a gage on the whole set. 

I am not overly disappointed with this year's crop of league-wide city uniforms. While I would like more color variety, I still think that this is very much an improvement over last year's set. 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

3 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

@Teal HIT THIS ONE ON THE NOSE. Wow just wow. Speechless 

It's about time people stop questioning and doubting whenever he has information and throwing personal jabs for no reason. Teal has come a long way  

Anyways.. Pistons dropping their set tomorrow am

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Bucks new City's are horrible. It looks like they just threw whatever material they had left together. Now the league is paying homage to arenas so the league must be running out of options. The Suns are an upgrade with the orange trim. Too many D$$n jerseys!

The Bucks are... interesting. Certainly more in the style of actual 1970s pop art than modern uniform design. 

I'm gonna wait until I see the shorts for a final judgment. I have a feeling I know the direction they went on those and it could make or break this set for me.

41 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

It's about time people stop questioning and doubting whenever he has information and throwing personal jabs for no reason. Teal has come a long way  

Anyways.. Pistons dropping their set tomorrow am

Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated.

Jaguars

6 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

I like the fact that Nike is trying new things..... not all of them work, but there's definitely some passion going into these designs & even if they last just the one year, at least we have ourselves something to look forward to each year now. 

I disagree. These “City” and “Earned” looks are pointless clutter to most teams’ brands. 

Archived