kimball

1 hour ago, SSmith48 said:

You know what, I really want to hate that new Bucks city uniform. But I can't yet (yet being the key word). But it is definitely what I would consider to be a true "City Uniform". Something out of the box and fun, but it still has a sensible inspiration and (somewhat) simple execution. With that being said, I still need to see the shorts so I can get a gage on the whole set. 

I am not overly disappointed with this year's crop of league-wide city uniforms. While I would like more color variety, I still think that this is very much an improvement over last year's set. 

I agree. These city uniforms should be out of the box or failed original templates come alive.

IMO, 50% have been "passable", 25% TERRIBLE beyond reason, and 25% like Miami Vice unis and GSW unis have been Home runs!!

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

I disagree. These “City” and “Earned” looks are pointless clutter to most teams’ brands. 

I don't mind the City jerseys. They're supposed to be different. I can embrace that as long as team's (ahem Rockets, Wolves, etc. like last year) don't take the lazy route. I like the idea of the earned jerseys, but I'll have to see them in person to really form a concrete opinion on them. I really just hope they stick to the team's branding and more or less serve as an "alternate alternate jerseys."

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

14 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

Just found this. Looks to be an homage to the Robert Indiana Mecca court. DqznHezUUAI7EJb?format=jpg

r280353_1296x729_16-9.jpg

The more I stare at the jersey I've come to actually like it ... but, I am PRAYING they play on the MECCA court while wearing it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

this board must be filled with 60 old men who want to keep things traditional and plain.

I LOVE the Bucks City jersey, its so funky and original. We need more of that.

I love looking back at weird concepts such as sleeved jerseys, nickname on the back of jerseys, etc.

No we shouldn't mess with traditions such as normal home and away, but when it comes to alternate I love the ones that are just out there.

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

The Bucks are... interesting. Certainly more in the style of actual 1970s pop art than modern uniform design. 

I'm gonna wait until I see the shorts for a final judgment. I have a feeling I know the direction they went on those and it could make or break this set for me.

Agreed. I'm not sure what I think of them yet. 

Another lackluster jersey for the Suns...no surprise there.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

1 hour ago, andregunts said:

this board must be filled with 60 old men who want to keep things traditional and plain.

I love looking back at weird concepts such as sleeved jerseys, nickname on the back of jerseys, etc.

No we shouldn't mess with traditions such as normal home and away, but when it comes to alternate I love the ones that are just out there.

I’m 19. That Bucks jersey can be thrown into a dumpster fire.

Carry on

1 hour ago, andregunts said:

I can see it from both sides; on one hand, the home/away should at least be "presentable" and make the league have some sort of standard or consistency when it comes to team designs.

I like some of the alternates but some of them can be a bit out there. I feel like there should be some sort of restraint when it comes to the jerseys instead of the "wild, wild west / anything goes"

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I do - holy :censored:, I love them.

I really shouldn’t, but I do.  I like the homage to Robert Indiana’s iconic court, and I think the asymmetrical design captures the spirit in a clever and whimsical way. 

THAT is how you think outside the box. Well done Bucks!

A quick few thoughts on the Nuggs’ new city jerseys...

1) I like the vibe and feel of them.

2) I wish it said Denver instead of Nuggets — it’s a CITY jersey after all.

3) Too bad its not the old city skyline font.

4) I wish the number was under the Nike swoosh instead sponsor patch. It looks too clustered next to it.

kimball banner.png

It's rare that you see a jersey with different # on the front and the back.  

Other than that, I think Denver's city unis look great.  They're in sore need of arm trim, but that's about it.  They have much more character than the drab permanent icon/assoc. unis.   It's almost like the Nugs want their "main" unis to be drab, in order to drive fans to buy their more daring (and limited edition) alt unis.

Archived