kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea here a lot, but @upperV03 and others say, the execution is just off.

Everything takes up too much vertical space. The front number is too big, and the mountains are stretched too tall and skinny. By the time you get to the script, you've basically reached the hem!

Fix that, add some sleeve striping as @keynote suggests, and you're golden! Switch to a Denver script like @kimball says for extra credit.

Regardless, a fun jersey!

The wordmark has always been awkwardly low on the rainbow skyline, on the originals and the various revivals. Just kind of a thing to deal with on this design, and why I’ve never been especially fond of it. (The crowding of the number and sponsor patch is new, though.)

den-nugs-tetris-away-620x817.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 hours ago, keynote said:

It's rare that you see a jersey with different # on the front and the back.  

It’s for the ‘18-‘19 NBA season. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

This is probably old hat around here but I had to download the Timberwolves app to accept free tickets for last night.  So I was poking around the app and to purchase tickets, you can filter opponent, day-of-week, month, and...uniform.  Even I would not choose a game based on that.  It makes me wonder whether more fans care about that than I’d have ever guessed or if it’s just the way teams market post-home/road.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

A thought on the general "City" discussion: I am by no means a home/away only traditionalist. But I think the issue with the recent moves is that the out-there alternate ideas are just being beat to death. Like I don't necessarily have a problem with the Bucks doing a Robert Indiana jersey (actually kind of appealing to the art student in me), or Miami going Vice or Toronto's Drake jerseys, whatever. But as we've discussed before, there's no way there are enough sound ideas to change 30 City jerseys every year, and 30 Statement jerseys every two years. And I also found that most teams were wearing their City jerseys too damn much last year -- I think alternates are fun to inject a little life into a random March Saturday against a non-conference opponent, but wearing them 20% of the year is too much.

On that subject, a thing that I absolutely HATED about the later Adidas years -- that Nike didn't do yet but sounds like they'll screw up this year -- was the Christmas Day alternates. If the NBA really wants that to be their marquee day, a la an NFL Thanksgiving, the teams ought to wear their best, most pure look. It seems counterproductive to me to use that day to outfit your best teams on the biggest stage in fill-in-the-blank Adidas templates completely divorced from regular branding, or for Nike to use that to promote its "Earned" program, whatever the hell that means. Bring back the snowflake patches.

ON THE OTHER HAND, now that the season starts extra early, I want Halloween to be weird dress-up day. I guess we can rollout whatever dumb alternate scheme if it makes the bean counters happy, but ideally, I want the corniest and most absurd throwbacks. Make Halloween the day for the Grizz in teal and the weird 70s Hawks unis and the Raptors dinosaurs.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Nuggets Bring Back the Rainbow With New Uniform

November 1, 2018 - 13:50 PM

The Denver Nuggets are bringing back the rainbow skyline. Unveiled this morning at midnight Eastern Time (and also why this article is coming nine hours later), the Nuggets new “City Edition” uniform takes some heavy inspiration but features some necessary […]

Read More...

The idea of changing (fourth and fifth unis) alts is so needless, and the loss of the last years' cream Bucks jersey - which should've been kept as a permanent alternate in place of the black one - is a good example why. Instead, we are getting subpar and disposable designs every year, for the sake of creating new ones, like that new Nuggets City uni, among others. Fashion jerseys should remain fashion jerseys.

As contradictory as it sounds - and I can reiterate this over and over again - it was a lot more exciting and interesting, when the alternates introduced by the teams were, for the most part, recolors of their existing sets. And I'm 28.

Pistons Unveil New Motor City Uniform

November 1, 2018 - 14:19 PM

The Detroit Pistons unveiled their new City uniform this morning via their Twitter account, the uniform confirms the leak that made the rounds late last month. “Our city. Motor City. Our new black City Edition jerseys are based on inspiration […]

Read More...

Video with some really nice insight into the design of the Thunder’s new City set:

This uniform, and all of the explanations of the different design details, is really refreshing. Whereas many of these alternate uniforms are often full of Nike-speak, this is an example of one that was thoughtfully and carefully crafted with specific design inspirations in mind.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

21 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

And now the official release of the Pistons’ new City set:

These are terrible. Nothing else really needs to be said IMO.

I actually like these, but i thought they were navy and grey. Black kinda makes them a little more "meh". 

2 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

I actually like these, but i thought they were navy and grey. Black kinda makes them a little more "meh". 

Atrocious. As one of the few remaining Pistons fans in existence, it saddens me how their alternate jerseys keep getting worse and worse every year.

Archived