kimball

Boy that Charlotte city uni is exhibit A of what I hate about this scheme. Nearly the same as last year's, just trading the cool pattern on the side for colored-in numbers. I think we all assume this is all meant for sales but is the average Hornets fan even going to notice the difference?

The arm trim makes it look they're wearing backpacks.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

That H-Wings logo is a little bit too close to comfort to the Air Jordan wings logo IMO. Almost like another advertisement 

Agreed. The sad thing is that’s exactly what they were going for. This is from the press release for the new uniform: “The waistband of the shorts displays an “H” surrounded by wings similar to those on the original Nike Air Jordan I and II shoes.”

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Charlotte Hornets Unveil New Buzz City Uniforms

November 1, 2018 - 14:46 PM

The Charlotte Hornets unveiled their new “City Edition” uniform this morning, sticking with the “BUZZ CITY” idea they ran with last season. Updated from last season, the still black uniform now features the “BUZZ CITY” wordmark arched across the chest […]

Read More...

Had the Nuggets made a set around this instead, it’d have been one of the best in the league. That’s too good a uniform to only get worn for a season and get lost in all this city rotation. Well, I guess we can just enjoy the heck out of it while we’ve got it right?

(Unless they pull a Jazz and renew it another year because of fan support...*crosses fingers*)

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I posted this in the NBA changes thread and will repeat it here. As one of the few remaining Pistons fans in existence, it is quite disheartening how their alternate jerseys keep getting worse and worse year after year. Honestly it’s a little impressive how the “Chrome” and “Motor City” jerseys have gotten worse in every incarnation.

Pistons fan here as well. Count me as being extremely underwhelmed.  Would rather have seen them bring back the Grant Hill era teal uni's. At least they're interesting to look at.  These things look like they were designed in all of 5 minutes. 

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Video with some really nice insight into the design of the Thunder’s new City set:

This uniform, and all of the explanations of the different design details, is really refreshing. Whereas many of these alternate uniforms are often full of Nike-speak, this is an example of one that was thoughtfully and carefully crafted with specific design inspirations in mind.

I know I am a fan of the team and therefore biased, but this was the first uniform/logo design summary that I didn’t eye roll my way through. 

I especially thought that the reason behind the uniform’s color choice - that shade of blue being the shade of Native American 11th anniversary stones and this being the Thunder’s 11th year in OKC - is so badass. IMO little hat tips like that are what the City jersey initiative should be about. 

T-Wolves Unveil New Prince-Inspired Uniforms

November 1, 2018 - 15:34 PM

Dearly Beloved… The Minnesota Timberwolves today officially unveiled their Prince-inspired City Edition alternate uniforms at a media-only event at Paisley Park. It’s going to be hard for another NBA team to top how the T-Wolves unveiled it. With a video […]

Read More...

40 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

(Unless they pull a Jazz and renew it another year because of fan support...*crosses fingers*)

I bet you anything we'll see a blue version of this next year.

I also wouldn't be surprised if some of these City Jerseys are used as test trails for a main look?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived