kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magic Reach for the Stars With New Uniform

November 1, 2018 - 16:03 PM

The Orlando Magic want to “inspire fans to “reach for the stars” with their new “City Edition” uniform unveiled via a video posted to Twitter this morning. The uniform is black with the Magic’s basketball with a comet tail logo […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

And now the official release of the Pistons’ new City set:

These are terrible. Nothing else really needs to be said IMO.

How hard is it to give us these?

1200px-Rasheed_Wallace_2_cropped.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

22 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

"The contrast of the solemn black and vibrant teal evokes the menacing intensity of a hornet and the swarming nature we want opponents to feel"

?

Solemn?

Vibrant?

Where's the part that describes them as "boring as hell"?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 minutes ago, kimball said:

How hard is it to give us these?

1200px-Rasheed_Wallace_2_cropped.jpg

I’ve wanted these back since they were discontinued 10 years ago, for reasons the team never made clear. They’re certainly far better than anything the Pistons have come up with since then. I hope maybe they’ll be the “statement” jerseys next year when those are due to be refreshed, but I’m not holding my breath - probably more navy or “chrome” crap.

The Hornets', Pistons' and Magic's City uniforms are pretty bland and disappointing. Not sure how I feel about the Nuggets' City set - I don't get why they rendered the rainbow in strips instead of blocks. I like all the others that have been revealed today, though.

The Clippers are going to debut their Ralph Lawler tribute uniforms against the Bucks later this month, so they should be revealing them soon.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Notorious: Nets Unveil Uniforms Inspired by B.I.G.

November 1, 2018 - 16:32 PM

The Minnesota Timberwolves aren’t the only team honouring a local legend with a special uniform this year. This afternoon, the Brooklyn Nets officially unveiled their new “City Edition” uniform paying tribute to The Notorious B.I.G. The uniform matches the leak […]

Read More...

These jerseys being polarizing is a great thing. You see some of the people on this board shooting down any new idea that teams are trying, but browsing around social media, fans are loving them. The Bucks one, for example. Creativity hasn't been higher and I'm glad some teams are going all out. The T-Wolves one looks amazing, as are the others. And if you don't like a design? Guess what, there'll be new ones next year to change your mind. Being a fan of soccer as well, this variety is welcoming to see in the league.

In other news, I'm glad D. Rose had his career-high night in the Wolves' black throwbacks that are so much superior to their current bland bottom-of-the-league unis. This uniform design is special and feels the way the Wolves should look.

derrick-rose-sheds-tears.jpg?itok=hb87ul

Bulls Show Civic Pride With New Chicago Flag Uniforms

November 1, 2018 - 18:06 PM

Ask most people what their city’s flag looks like and you’re almost certain to get “our city has a flag?” asked back. Not if you’re talking to anyone from Chicago where it’s not at all uncommon to see their local […]

Read More...

As a native New Yorker, I may be a little bit biased, but those Biggie unis are just about perfect...not too much, but that “Brooklyn camo” (whatever that means ??‍♂️) really pops. Nike hit this one (unlike the Pistons, Magic, Lakers, etc.) out of the park!

Thunder Honour Local Native Heritage With New Uniform

November 1, 2018 - 18:43 PM

The Oklahoma City Thunder today officially unveiled their new turquoise “City Edition” uniform designed to honour the local Native American heritage. The unveiling comes nearly two months after it was the first of the sixteen new NBA uniforms to leak […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, tajandreas said:

These jerseys being polarizing is a great thing. You see some of the people on this board shooting down any new idea that teams are trying, but browsing around social media, fans are loving them. The Bucks one, for example. Creativity hasn't been higher and I'm glad some teams are going all out. The T-Wolves one looks amazing, as are the others. And if you don't like a design? Guess what, there'll be new ones next year to change your mind. Being a fan of soccer as well, this variety is welcoming to see in the league.

Welcome to the boards, Phil. 

2 hours ago, tajandreas said:

It reminds me of the NHL during the Burger King and Wild Wing era. Those designs had a lot of hate, but the creativity was nice to see. For me, I like that teams are pushing boundaries again.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:58 AM, mgfoxx said:

Interesting. More than the Flo-Jo's that these are probably based off of, that gray uniform reminds me of the late 90's prototype set that Indy was considering. Especially because of the stripes. U27tFSm.png

Does anyone have more pictures or stories of scrapped jerseys and logos?

I already know about the Swamp Dragons. Read a nice piece on the Royals as well...

Archived