kimball

56 minutes ago, Digby said:

Is "Brooklyn Camo" a thing or were they just too cheap to get the Coogi license?

definitely weren't gonna mention the uniforms being inspired by another clothing brand's design.

of everything we've gotten confirmed so far i think i'd rank em

1 - Thunder

2 - Nuggets

3 - Sixers

4 - Nets

5 - Bulls

6 - Magic

7 - Hornets

8 - Pistons

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

"The contrast of the solemn black and vibrant teal evokes the menacing intensity of a hornet and the swarming nature we want opponents to feel"

?

Where's the purple? Oh, they moved it to their prose.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 minutes ago, TJKiddsHead said:

definitely weren't gonna mention the uniforms being inspired by another clothing brand's design.

of everything we've gotten confirmed so far i think i'd rank em

1 - Thunder

2 - Nuggets

3 - Sixers

4 - Nets

5 - Bulls

6 - Magic

7 - Hornets

8 - Pistons

I'd probably go ...

1 - Jazz

2 - Nuggets

3 - Heat

4 - Thunder

5 - Warriors

6 - Pelicans

7 - Nets

8 - Bucks

9 - Sixers

10 - Knicks

11 - Celtics

12 - Hornets

13 - Trail Blazers

14 - Raptors

15 - Magic

16 - Timberwolves

17 - Rockets

18 - Lakers

19 - Suns

20 - Bulls

21 - Pacers

22 - Pistons

Not unveiled or leaked yet ...

Kings

Clippers

Mavericks

Spurs (probably camo)

Hawks

Wizards

Cavaliers

Grizzlies

(NOTE: I'm a total Jazz homer, but let's be honest ... it's awesome)

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yep...not impressed.

They use the word "ALL-NEW" ... but what they really mean is "RE-PURPOSED" 

This is the kind of laziness that I don't like. I get the Jazz bringing back the sunset jerseys because of how popular they were. I get having a new color of the vice jerseys for the Heat. But, this wreaks of laziness. If last year's jerseys were so popular why not stick with them one more year? 

Lazy. Lazy. Lazy.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Sorry if I missed this earlier, but do we know if OKC is keeping those navy blue Statements alts from last year in any way? 

Yeah, they stay at least 2 years. 

kimball banner.png

12 minutes ago, kimball said:

I'd probably go ...

1 - Jazz

2 - Nuggets

3 - Heat

4 - Thunder

5 - Warriors

6 - Pelicans

7 - Nets

8 - Bucks

9 - Sixers

10 - Knicks

11 - Celtics

12 - Hornets

13 - Trail Blazers

14 - Raptors

15 - Magic

16 - Timberwolves

17 - Rockets

18 - Lakers

19 - Suns

20 - Bulls

21 - Pacers

22 - Pistons

Not unveiled or leaked yet ...

Kings

Clippers

Mavericks

Spurs (probably camo)

Hawks

Wizards

Cavaliers

Grizzlies

(NOTE: I'm a total Jazz homer, but let's be honest ... it's awesome)

The Blazers’ City set hasn’t been shown off yet, either. The one that was leaked on the LockerVision site was their Earned set, not the City set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, tajandreas said:

These jerseys being polarizing is a great thing. You see some of the people on this board shooting down any new idea that teams are trying, but browsing around social media, fans are loving them. The Bucks one, for example. Creativity hasn't been higher and I'm glad some teams are going all out. The T-Wolves one looks amazing, as are the others. And if you don't like a design? Guess what, there'll be new ones next year to change your mind. Being a fan of soccer as well, this variety is welcoming to see in the league.

I am admittedly a traditionalist, but my biggest gripe with these "City" jerseys are that most teams are vastly overusing them. The Pistons, for instance, will be using theirs 18 TIMES! That's a quarter of the freaking season (almost.) That's way, way too much. As much as I don't like a lot of these, if they were only being used a handful of times, such as Minnesota with the Prince tribute jerseys only being used 6 times, it'd be much more palatable. But 18 times is just way off the rails. Teams with iconic brands are being thrown to the wayside.

Like almost all other city edition jerseys, this is a one-year-only thing. (The Jazz received a special dispensation to run back their orange-and-red 2017-18 city editions. The Spurs also carried over last season's military-themed jersey.)

From Zach Lowe's article this morning about the T'Wolves' Prince jerseys

So we'll see these once again ...

getty-images-917578576.jpg

kimball banner.png

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Blazers’ City set hasn’t been shown off yet, either. The one that was leaked on the LockerVision site was their Earned set, not the City set.

Right. It will be that same design but in black according to the sheet going around 10+ pages back. I don't think that changes my ranking much. 

kimball banner.png

5 minutes ago, kimball said:

Right. It will be that same design but in black according to the sheet going around 10+ pages back. I don't think that changes my ranking much. 

You might be right, but we haven’t really had any sort of official confirmation that all of the Earned sets will in fact follow the same design as the City sets. We know Miami’s will, and now that we know the Spurs are carrying over last year’s City uniform, we know their new Earned set is just a recolored version of their City set as well. But we haven’t seen or heard anything to confirm that for the other 14 teams receiving the Earned sets yet, so I’d say it’s a bit premature to jump to that conclusion. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, tajandreas said:

And if you don't like a design? Guess what, there'll be new ones next year to change your mind. 

Well that’s the problem, isn’t it? Every brand only has so many ideas. And to be frank? There aren’t thirty new good ideas per year.

You’re already seeing that now. Phoenix just changed some trim. Charlotte just changed out some panel designs and the numbers. Minnesota is resorting to Prince cosplay. Detroit just went “we put road striping on it.” Orlando is the exact same design from last year, minus what made it interesting. 

And this is only year two. These are only going to get worse and more random the longer we go with this stupid uniform system. 

3 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Well that’s the problem, isn’t it? Every brand only has so many ideas. And to be frank? There aren’t thirty new ideas per year.

You’re already seeing that now. Phoenix just changed some trim. Charlotte just changed out some panel designs and the numbers. Minnesota is resorting to Price cosplay. Detroit just went “we put road striping on it.” Orlando is the exact same design from last year, minus what made it interesting. 

And this is only year two. These are only going to get worse and more random the longer we go with this stupid uniform system. 

I have a weird feeling that in the future more City jerseys will be fauxbacks (not "Hardwood Classics") once ideas start running out. Take the Nuggets, for instance.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Just now, WSU151 said:

I have a weird feeling that in the future more City jerseys will be fauxbacks (not "Hardwood Classics") once ideas start running out.

That would be a step up. At least then they’ll have some sort of direction. 

It’s no surprise that the City uniform that seems to have gotten the most love is just that- Denver’s.  

7 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Well that’s the problem, isn’t it? Every brand only has so many ideas. And to be frank? There aren’t thirty new good ideas per year.

You’re already seeing that now. Phoenix just changed some trim. Charlotte just changed out some panel designs and the numbers. Minnesota is resorting to Price cosplay. Detroit just went “we put road striping on it.” Orlando is the exact same design from last year, minus what made it interesting. 

This is why forcing each team to change every year (and making teams ask for "exceptions" to keep them longer) is ridiculous...

YVRMUBj.png

Archived