kimball

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

I have gotta say tracking the jerseys by dates has been a pain in the ass process since life and other commitments have been keeping me very busy.  I usually go back every 7-10 days to update but the biggest pain with these jerseys is the LAZINESS of select teams having the same base colour for one jersey and having the Statement and/or City jerseys be the same (looking at you New York, Brooklyn, Indiana and Denver).  That is the one thing I hope changes going into next season but who knows what will end up happening.

I agree. I think we'll see better designs and implementation in Year 2 and 3 (hopefully) once some of these teams hopefully get the spirit of the statement and city jerseys. I have high hopes, so with that said I'm totally expecting to be severely let down. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if the City uniforms might get released earlier next year, and if that would help with the sense that we are being inundated by them lately. If a team wants to wear them 12 times over the course of five months, that seems more palatable than making up for lost time by shoehorning them in 12 times in 2-3 months.

Imagine the Heat playing on the old Spurs court with their city unis

hqdefault.jpg

thats all thats missing for these great jerseys. An alt court

i wouldnt even mind a black key with teal or pink out of bounds border

also for tonight, no idea why the lakers are wearing yellow on the road while miami wears the white city unis. The purple ones are just dead it seems. I think theyve worn them 4 times all season?

3 hours ago, HighCheese said:

Imagine the Heat playing on the old Spurs court with their city unis

hqdefault.jpg

Now that'd be sexy.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

23 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I don't get the kool-aid Nike comment.

The NBA are still the ones that ultimately decided to have 4 different uniforms for every team, with no home and road designations.

You're right, should have changed "Nike" to "NBA". Either way, I have no issues with teams having 4 different uniforms, I'm just not a fan of the inconsistencies (compared to the past) of when they wear them. Like I said, the Magic wearing their home "whites" the other night has occurred way less than them wearing their other uniforms. I get why they do it, showcase different jerseys at home so the fans pony up the $$$ to buy them.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Anyone kinda tired of the city jerseys? Even as a Heat fan who loves the Heat Vice jersey and I’m willing to throw down the $120 retail to get a Wade one, I miss the regular colors. 

It doesn't help that the court doesn’t match. So you got essentially 3 diffent huge color clashes on the Heat court. 

Besides the Heat, some of the city jerseys are just really ugly to look at.... they need to limit, them, spread them out, or simply design better jerseys. 

On 2/28/2018 at 6:54 PM, kimball said:

I agree with you. They're being worn too much. Too, too much. I'm getting really sick of the Heat's Miami Vice jerseys being worn eeeeeeeeevery night, just like what they did with their classic jerseys at the first of the year.

I think it'd bug me less if the Miami Vice jerseys were in team colors. There's such a disconnect when they wear them at home on their yellow, red and black court. At least the Raptors, Jazz and Kings got it right with matching courts. 

I swear I didn’t see this post lol

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

It's kind of funny how everyone else is already sick of their teams' City uniforms while Clipper fans haven't even seen ours yet outside of All-Star Weekend.

And, all we'll hear when they do start wearing them is how they should be the primary.

Which I very well may start.

kimball banner.png

On 3/1/2018 at 4:47 PM, HighCheese said:

also for tonight, no idea why the lakers are wearing yellow on the road while miami wears the white city unis. The purple ones are just dead it seems. I think theyve worn them 4 times all season?

That pi$$es me off as well. I think they did that against the Spurs as well. I actually rock my Lakers road jersey more than the others. Wish they would as well.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

9 hours ago, kimball said:

And, all we'll hear when they do start wearing them is how they should be the primary.

I don't share that sentiment. Just don't feel like baby blue and orange is a strong/attractive enough color combination.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

I don't share that sentiment. Just don't feel like baby blue and orange is a strong/attractive enough color combination.

The thing I like about the color combo is that rids ourselves of another red, white and blue team. I honestly, don't mind R,W,B for the Clippers (especially when blue is the primary color) -- but, I love the baby blue and orange a bit better. 

kimball banner.png

Some interesting tidbits: http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/03/05/nuggets-grizzlies-making-colour-changes-in-2019/

Initial thoughts:

• This could be an upgrade for the Nuggets in my opinion. I like the color combo, surprisingly, but they need to use it the right way. Also, maybe get away from their current wordmark and go with something sleeker. I always thought it was a little outdated and this color combo doesn't help with that
  • Not really sure if anyone could see this as anything but a downgrade for the Grizzlies

I’m a fan of the Nuggets changes, the red makes it more interesting than the drab look they have since they sidelined the powder blue. Always thought it looked a little like a provisional uniform.

Do not understand the Grizzlies changes at all. The extra outline is pointless and the ice blue could have done the same job the silver will

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived