kimball

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Jordan never said “I would have scored 130 if my jersey wasn’t so heavy”. Nobody who played Jordan blamed the jersey for losing.

"I never lost, I only ran out of ability to carry a damp tank top on my body. Tell Charles I said that."

Dark Period NBA had a lot of bad uniforms but that Magic one was the only worthy successor to their originals.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, walkerws said:

When all things in a uniform sense are equal, you couldn't. Jordan was great and he had how many games over 45? The NBA is the top global basketball league. Nit just because of 4 or 5 stars. 

True. 

I just think it’s weird that this board mocks the Sharks for dumping hemstripes, then in another thread, is talking about how lightweight jerseys without sleeves really impact performance. In fact, adidas thought so much of weight and breathability that it added sleeves to NBA jerseys.

I never bought into Nike’s adjusted notch in the shorts, either.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I just think it’s weird that this board mocks the Sharks for dumping hemstripes, then in another thread, is talking about how lightweight jerseys without sleeves really impact performance.

The Board is not a monolith; the people who make fun of the Sharks are probably not the ones championing these "revolutionary" NBA jerseys that tear like newsprint.

1 hour ago, Toronto206 said:

Might’ve already been posted here, but the new Rip City jerseys leaked:

https://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2018/10/is_this_the_portland_trail_blazers_new_rip_city_un.html

I really like these, better than the plaid ones. I’m guessing these are the new Earned jerseys

Yep, I posted those on here on Tuesday. I think they’re pretty nice overall, but not nearly as nice as last year’s plaid City set IMO, which was a fan favorite. And yes, they are indeed the new Earned set. Their new City set will be black again like last year. It remains to be seen if they'll just be a black version of these red Earned uniforms, or if they’ll have a different design.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I lose about 8 lbs of water weight, and I used to feel it when I wore an NYPD Cotton T-shirt under my equipment and jersey. It'd hang off and feel like I was wearing a weighted vest.

Since these moisture wicking tech was invented and readily available, I've switched to that. I feel like a weight LITERALLY has been lifted off my shoulders during and after a game.

The fabrics are great, FOR ATHLETES. For a schmuck like me? I don't need to go to a Heat game in a $250 moisture wicking polyester shirt. I'm happy w a mesh replica for $70 (think the old Nike Swingmans)

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

But it’s incredibly insignificant. 

Jordan never said “I would have scored 130 if my jersey wasn’t so heavy”. Nobody who played Jordan blamed the jersey for losing.

You’re completely missing the point, and it comes up every time there’s a discussion about material technology or textile innovations. So again, fabrics, materials, coatings, innovations, etc. are not meant to increase athlete performance, nor do they claim to. No one has ever claimed that Jordan/Gretzky/whomever would have been better in a newer uniform, yet that’s the only counter-argument you guys pull out. Textbook straw man. The goal is always to make athletes more comfortable in the uniforms they have to wear, which is exactly the original point I made; no one *wants* to wear a sweaty 2 lb. jersey when they *could* wear a less-sweaty 1lb. jersey. Not even Jordan.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

no one *wants* to wear a sweaty 2 lb. jersey when they *could* wear a less-sweaty 1lb. jersey. Not even Jordan.

Except for the time when the sweat-wicking material of the Edge jerseys wicked all the sweat down into the players' gloves and they asked to get the more absorbent material back so their hands wouldn't be soaked in pools of their own sweat.

23 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

That Sixers City uniform looks terrible in NBA 2K19. They did not know how to make it look like a heather material. This is the thing about wacky uniform ideas, you should always make sure that it can translate to anything else.

2AJzT1z.png

If you take a close look on official nike render of this uniform, you'll know why 2k interpretation look wrong:

PHI-City-Y2-original.jpg

4r2eer.png

23 hours ago, joekono said:

I don't know, I just think that DC/Washington teams should be red,white and blue. Of course, that would take away one of the classic unis in the NFL. I'm contradicting myself but the 2002 throwbacks were beautiful and make a white version of those , you have a winner. If you need a name change(because of PC), it could be the Washington Warriors(ain't nothing wrong with a spear on the helmet.

It should be the Washington Pigskins (because of decent).

DC teams do not need to be red white and blue. That’s silly. The District is so much more than America’s capital. Even if you’re going with an America-themed identity, it can be presidential (blue and bronze) or federal (us dollar greens). 

But beyond that, DC teams can do whatever scheme they feel like.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

14 hours ago, mafiaman said:

I heard it’s going to also be a grey sweatshirt look with black letters and numbers - to celebrate the re-release of “North Dallas Forty.”

I am too young for that damn reference man lmao 

had to google it.

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

Except for the time when the sweat-wicking material of the Edge jerseys wicked all the sweat down into the players' gloves and they asked to get the more absorbent material back so their hands wouldn't be soaked in pools of their own sweat.

Different sports require different things. The athletes came to them with a way to improve their design and Reebok fairly quickly changed their design to me the athletes needs. 

At least in the case of franchises with classic uniforms, it would be nice if Nike would use its modern fabrics in a way that doesn’t wreck timeless designs. For example, there’s no reason the trim on the back of the shoulders of the Celtics’ uniforms needs to be abruptly cut off other than for Nike to make its jersey cut more noticeable.

The Lakers are debuting their new Sunday whites tonight:

DrNNXs8UwAEs8OU?format=jpg

DrNNXs7UUAABJZ9?format=jpg

They look really sharp IMO, just like the new gold (yellow) set. Also, I’m really glad they’re returning to the practice of only wearing the whites during Sunday home games this year, rather than wearing them on the road like they did at times last season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Lakers are debuting their new Sunday whites tonight:

DrNNXs8UwAEs8OU?format=jpg

DrNNXs7UUAABJZ9?format=jpg

They look really sharp IMO, just like the new gold (yellow) set. Also, I’m really glad they’re returning to the practice of only wearing the whites during Sunday home games this year, rather than wearing them on the road like they did at times last season.

After seeing these in action, I’d say these are their best option. 

26 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

They look really clean. I like them quite a bit.

And, they either learned their lesson from last year or it was that stupid technicality of teams waiting until Nov. 30th or whenever to wear their "Statement" jerseys (aka - Lakers' purples). 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 11/3/2018 at 7:46 PM, DeFrank said:

It should be the Washington Pigskins (because of decent).

DC teams do not need to be red white and blue. That’s silly. The District is so much more than America’s capital. Even if you’re going with an America-themed identity, it can be presidential (blue and bronze) or federal (us dollar greens). 

But beyond that, DC teams can do whatever scheme they feel like.

The big four teams are not referred to as "DC", they are referred to as Washington. Three of the four teams have red,white and blue and even when the Capitals and Wizards changed to the blue and bronze, they switched back. I guess the Nationals, Wizards and Capitals think I'm silly.:flagusa:

Archived