kimball

7 hours ago, joekono said:

The big four teams are not referred to as "DC", they are referred to as Washington. Three of the four teams have red,white and blue and even when the Capitals and Wizards changed to the blue and bronze, they switched back. I guess the Nationals, Wizards and Capitals think I'm silly.:flagusa:

It’s not silly to have RWB as your color scheme — it’s silly to say that DC teams should. Only be RWB. I like that the Caps do it- less so for the Wizards.

whats the point about “DC” vs. “Washington?”

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official unveiling of the Heat’s new Vice set:

DrP25b7W4AAYvJv?format=jpg

These are absolutely gorgeous, and better than last season’s white set IMO. They hit it out of the park.

And here’s the official unveiling of the Bucks’ Mecca-themed set:

20181101_uniforms_gdn_0261_3.jpg

After seeing the full uniform, these are growing on me quite a bit. I still think the jerseys could’ve been executed a lot better, but I think the shorts do a nice job of tying it all together. It definitely is reminiscent of the old Mecca court, so I’d say it’s mostly successful. Overall, not great, but not as bad as the retail jerseys seemed to indicate.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Vice Nights 2.0: Miami Heat Unveil New City Uniform

November 5, 2018 - 16:44 PM

Vice Nights are returning to Miami, the Heat officially unveiled the second version of their Vice series of uniforms this morning. Officially classified as their “City Edition” uniform, the jersey carries forward the same theme as last year’s, the pink, […]

Read More...

Dressed for Court: Bucks Unveil MECCA Themed Uniform

November 5, 2018 - 17:18 PM

The Milwaukee Bucks will be paying tribute to the court design of their original home while also “celebrating risk-taking and the art of the game” with their new “City Edition” uniform officially unveiled earlier this morning. Based entirely off of […]

Read More...

milwaukee-bucks-mecca-city-uniform-2018-

Seeing the Bucks uni in full makes me mostly come around to it. The colors pop, and the design is weird but kind of a fun weird. Complaints: The stacked wordmark doesn't work for me, particularly because it crashes into the stupid sponsor patch. And I do with more of these city uniforms would use a team's regular typeface, for consistency's sake. And I think it's silly to wear this on the road at all.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

uniforms-header-nike-city-2018.jpg

I like it. I absolutely love the originality. The execution is ... eh? But, I do love the shorts a lot. As @upperV03 noted ... the shorts do a nice job tying it all in.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I think the thing I love most about this design and the celebration of The MECCA is that it's celebrating an era where arena's like The MECCA were civic arenas, not corporate arenas. You saw more arena specific designed courts like in Milwaukee, Portland and Seattle that didn't match team colors. Of course The MECCA court was the boldest of them all. But, it's an era we'll sadly never see again.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Interesting how the Bucks shorts have the current logo in forest and lime...I think it'd looks pretty cool that way. (well I guess the team name and number on the jersey are forest and lime too)

The Vice sets are way better in black than they were in white. I get white buildings are ubiquitous in Miami and understand why they went with white last year, but black uniforms are clearly better for those colors.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't know if this has been posted in here yet, but I do think it points toward how well this set is resonating with fans and for good reason. The current Heat look is fine and good, but I think that the Vice colors would look really sharp full time. 

spacer.png

Nope, that Bucks uniform just doesn't work. Maybe it would, if the shorts carried over the same asymmetric elements as the jersey, but it would've still been unwarranted. Now the design of the shorts doesn't tie in to the jersey, unless you're literally picturing the design of the court, but why on Earth would anyone want to wear a court design? The idea itself is absurd.

9 hours ago, DeFrank said:

It’s not silly to have RWB as your color scheme — it’s silly to say that DC teams should. Only be RWB. I like that the Caps do it- less so for the Wizards.

whats the point about “DC” vs. “Washington?”

The four teams are referenced as "Washington", not DC. Now, I see where you are going with this because I noticed that you live in Washington DC. I'm on to discussing something else. New York has different boroughs too.

Hope like hell the Vice colorway remains an alternate, though I appreciate that the Heat have two excellent identities in a league where half the teams can't pull off one. Probably going to have to stay up until midnight on the merch drop day for any shot at a Wade jersey.

PJU85JF.png

On 11/3/2018 at 6:46 PM, DeFrank said:

DC teams do not need to be red white and blue. That’s silly. The District is so much more than America’s capital. Even if you’re going with an America-themed identity, it can be presidential (blue and bronze) or federal (us dollar greens).

DC teams don't have to be red, white, and blue, but it's a nice non-gimmicky palette for a major city.

The Capitals and Bullets should be red and navy and look like two wings of one organization -- oh and also the Wizards should be the Bullets. The Nationals should be navy and red with metallic gold so that they have a similar color palette but their own spin on it separate from the indoor teams. The Redskins don't have to be and shouldn't be in flag colors, they're their own thing. 

5 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

The Milwaukee Bucks will be paying tribute to the court design of their original home while also “celebrating risk-taking and the art of the game”

Love those risk-taking Bucks who just demanded that the state pay for the costs of their new arena, really layin' it all on the line with that one

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I love what Nike is doing. 3 standard jersey sets each year, maybe a throwback, a one off city, and for teams who made the playoffs.

The keep things consistent with the 3 standards, then keep it funky with the others.

You have to love it.

48 minutes ago, andregunts said:

I love what Nike is doing. 3 standard jersey sets each year, maybe a throwback, a one off city, and for teams who made the playoffs.

The keep things consistent with the 3 standards, then keep it funky with the others.

You have to love it.

One problem is the frequency of some of the alternates. The main sets seems to be taking a back seat to the merchandising, er, creative unis.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Archived