kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus, they even managed to make the scoreboard sea urchin thing look nice. I'm impressed. Even before the Vice era, gotta admit that the Heat were way out in front of everyone in not just churning out (presumably moneyraking) alternate uniforms but building a whole brand and scene around them.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

No, that one's not actually true.  The city's name is simply "New York". They just say "City of New York" when they want to be all fancy-like.

Says who?! I'm trying to find some definitive answer and I can't.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

Says who?! I'm trying to find some definitive answer and I can't.

It’s in the city’s charter. 

New York is the official name.  The city of New York itself usually uses “NYC”, “New York City”, and “the City of New York” interchangeably.

doe_logo.jpg1200px-Patch_of_the_New_York_City_Police

xJYn3wKN_400x400.jpgLogo_of_the_New_York_City_Department_of_

The modifiers are frequently used to avoid confusion with the state of New York.  Which is also officially named “New York”, but which sometimes calls itself “New York State” and “the State of New York”. 

1200px-I_Love_New_York.svg.png602px-Seal_of_New_York.svg.pngNYDFS-Logo-300x300.jpgBADGE.png.e20b3e3a8f6916cc1e1142e48a76b5

23 hours ago, the admiral said:

Quality erstwhile poster BallWonk once explained that there is no longer such municipality as "the City of Washington," only the District of Columbia, which we all agree to call "Washington, D.C." for mail/customary purposes. I'm not sure what this argument is about either.

I remember pointing that out once- that there's technically only the "District of Columbia" and not a city called Washington- and I got talked down to for "acting like a know it all after looking that up."
Good times.

1 hour ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

I think NBA2K predicted the side designs. In fact how much do you guys want to bet that MOST of the designs are used by another team

I saw it in the create a uniform section and thought it was inspired by the Nike Elite shorts

58 minutes ago, MackAttack said:

I saw it in the create a uniform section and thought it was inspired by the Nike Elite shorts

That’s what I originally thought until I saw this. I never understood the appeal of those Nike Elite shorts they never looked very good. I have no idea what makes Memphis of all teams think they can make it work. But they made under the number last names work again so maybe there’s a chance

Archived