Jump to content

kimball
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/6/2018 at 2:18 PM, Colin_Pernett said:

 

I really like the design. If it were actually hawks colors (red, yellow, and MAYBE black), it would be a great set full time.

 

I wonder how a Hawks jersey with Saints colors will go over with Falcons fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here’s the official reveal of the Blazers’ new City set:

I’m not completely sure how I feel about these yet. I think they’re pretty solid overall, and I actually like the two-tone effect with the red sash acting as the dividing line. But last year’s Plaid set was so much more inspired, and this just feels somewhat lazy and bland in comparison. It’s not bad, but they could’ve done so much more with it. Also, the Biofreeze ad patch looks particularly bad with this set, as both the white and green clash badly with the black/dark grey and red color scheme of the uniform:

DrcgjujUUAASVl6?format=jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Main Event: Grizzlies Unveil Wrestling-Inspired Uniforms

November 8, 2018 - 00:56 AM

Memphis has been associated with many kings over the years, Elvis, B.B., Martin Luther King, Jr., but there’s another “King” of Memphis out there that can sometimes get overlooked when paired with that epic trio… and professional wrestling’s Jerry “The […]

Read More...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

The Main Event: Grizzlies Unveil Wrestling-Inspired Uniforms

November 8, 2018 - 00:56 AM

Memphis-Grizzlies-Wrestling-City-Uniform-New-2018-2019.jpg

Memphis has been associated with many kings over the years, Elvis, B.B., Martin Luther King, Jr., but there’s another “King” of Memphis out there that can sometimes get overlooked when paired with that epic trio… and professional wrestling’s Jerry “The […]

Read More...

Well...... I feel that Memphis did poorly this time. I liked last year who’s gonna tell these teams that YELLOW AND GREY LOOK BAD TOGETHER

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

The Main Event: Grizzlies Unveil Wrestling-Inspired Uniforms

November 8, 2018 - 00:56 AM

Memphis-Grizzlies-Wrestling-City-Uniform-New-2018-2019.jpg

Memphis has been associated with many kings over the years, Elvis, B.B., Martin Luther King, Jr., but there’s another “King” of Memphis out there that can sometimes get overlooked when paired with that epic trio… and professional wrestling’s Jerry “The […]

Read More...

 

The first thing that came to my mind was, "did they just borrow this design from Nike-outfitted UAAP men's basketball teams?" By the way, UAAP is a collegiate league in the Philippines.

 

UAAP-DLSU-vs-UE-September-28-2016-VR-5.jpeg

 

kiefer-ravena-20140803_DB41E1326B7046AF93CB212B28F8C660.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

Well...... I feel that Memphis did poorly this time. I liked last year who’s gonna tell these teams that YELLOW AND GREY LOOK BAD TOGETHER

 

I like yellow and grey together, but not so much when it makes a random appearance for a team with a well established, different color scheme. Same with the black and gold some of these teams are forcefully infusing into their identities.

 

What I don’t like is the idea behind this one. Jerry Lawler? It feels like several teams are already out of ideas for these uniforms. Maybe I’m wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of Grizzlies fans, especially younger ones, react to this with, “Uhh, Jerry who?”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gray is a bad primary color for 99% of non-baseball uniforms. The justification of gray for wrestling because of "steel chairs and cages" is especially absurd. The most iconic cage in wrestling is blue! I liked the design on on the side panels, but now I kind of hate it because of the post above. But I still kind of like that. Trying to claim a single stripe on the collar, plus the two on the waistband as being the three ropes is another hellacious leap to make. Just do three on the waistband, especially since the MEM is supposedly there to mimic the logos on turnbuckles.

 

1 minute ago, andrewharrington said:

 

I like yellow and grey together, but not so much when it makes a random appearance for a team with a well established, different color scheme. Same with the black and gold some of these teams are forcefully infusing into their identities.

 

What I don’t like is the idea behind this one. Jerry Lawler? It feels like several teams are already out of ideas for these uniforms. Maybe I’m wrong, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of Grizzlies fans, especially younger ones, react to this with, “Uhh, Jerry who?”


If they ask, their parents can walk them by his restaurant on Beale. They'll get the idea.

GgO2D36.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

Gray is a bad primary color for 99% of non-baseball uniforms. The justification of gray for wrestling because of "steel chairs and cages" is especially absurd. The most iconic cage in wrestling is blue! I liked the design on on the side panels, but now I kind of hate it because of the post above. But I still kind of like that. Trying to claim a single stripe on the collar, plus the two on the waistband as being the three ropes is another hellacious leap to make. Just do three on the waistband, especially since the MEM is supposedly there to mimic the logos on turnbuckles.

 


If they ask, their parents can walk them by his restaurant on Beale. They'll get the idea.

GgO2D36.jpg

 

I definitely don’t love grey as a primary color, but I wouldn’t mind seeing one team per league run with it full-time, especially if it stops other teams from using it as their alternate base color, which is undoubtedly the most absurd trend I’ve seen in my lifetime. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, GMW79 said:

 

Kind of par for the course in North America.

 

Agreed. (I'm not Canadian, though, if that was meant as a jab at me, lol) Canadian sports use it on the national representation level (in which case it's totally fine), whereas in the US they love to use stars on individual club level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

In theory, the switch of the Pistons' side panels to blue in the front was the right choice to balance things out, but it just looks off. Maybe it's the blue Nike logo/red sponsor combination. I'm not sure, but it doesn't look nearly as good as the Pistons normally did under Adidas.

 

This. The Pistons have looked off ever since they made that switch. Don't fix what's not broken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.