kimball

The concept is close, but the execution feels a little bit cheap and simplistic. Nice revival of the Cavfanatic days I guess. 

Just now, crashcarson15 said:

I can vibe with those. It's a little quirky and out-there, but that's what these jerseys should be for.

I'd also be cool with a move back to blue and orange, I think?

I was wondering about the color scheme! Perhaps they'll move in that direction as a break from the LeBron era(s)?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, upperV03 said:

Agreed, it’s an absolute mess. Decent idea at best, but pretty terrible execution. I will say I like the use of the Destination Cleveland wordmark, but that’s about it.

Took the words off my keyboard as I was typing them. The idea is fine, but the poor execution ruins it -- especially considering the precedent of executing the wave on the '90s-era uniforms. Fix that and they're decent.

The 'Cleveland' script works well and is appropriate since it's all over the city, but the 'C' bothers me to no end.

56 minutes ago, GMW79 said:

No jab. However, Calgary, Winnipeg and Toronto of the NHL, and the Blue Jays all have maple leafs in their logos or on their uniforms, and the Raptors had an alt logo with a leaf, so they do use it at a club level too. That was kind of my point. 

To be fair, the Raptors & Blue Jays are the only Canadian teams in their respective leagues, so it does make some sense. Also, Winnipeg based their logo on the crest of the RCAF, which features a maple leaf with a blue circle around it, and Toronto's name is literally the "Maple Leafs", so they don't have much choice.

No excuse for Calgary though. They didn't even try to creatively incorporate it into their brand.

The thing about the maple leaf is that it is a uniquely Canadian symbol, whereas there are dozens of nations that use stars. The Clippers should have used the nautical flags instead. 

New Cavs City Uniform Mixes Up Past Uniforms in Blender

November 8, 2018 - 17:23 PM

The Cleveland Cavaliers (remember them? they’ve won four conference titles in a row!) today unveiled their new City Edition uniform, a combination of pretty much every uniform era in team history. Blue and orange (like the 1980s), the uniform features […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, EvilChameleon said:

Court goes orange and blue too!

Not excusing my disdain for the City Jersey, but I'm glad they have a matching court to go with it. I also think this is the first NBA court that doesn't have matching key area colors? Not sure how I feel about the design? 

SIDENOTE: Be The Fight? Is that their new tagline? I thought it was it ALL FOR ONE, ONE FOR ALL or whatever?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Can't think of anything in sports more polarizing than the NBA city jerseys.

Honestly I think the idea is awesome. Obviously some are lazy (Dallas, Clippers, Boston), but for the most part they have good ideas behind them. 

The Cavs made a HUGE upgrade from last year. Those gray jerseys were a disaster and never want to see them again. I've never had a big connection to the blue/orange era, but it's nice to see it back every now and then. 

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

6_256.jpg

That's one clean uniform designed with taste! Everything about it is thought out design-wise. The placement of the number creates just the right tension without looking too predictable and boring.

The court is nice too, FWIW.

That Cleveland uniform is lovely. Maybe going back to blue/orange could be a nice way to detach from the LeBron era.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, truepg said:

That's one clean uniform designed with taste! Everything about it is thought out design-wise. The placement of the number creates just the right tension without looking too predictable and boring.

The court is nice too, FWIW.

Is this post auto-generated, or alcohol-generated?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Studio Stories: Hawks City Uniform Embraces Gold for 50th

November 8, 2018 - 21:42 PM

For the Atlanta Hawks, 50 equates to gold. From its 50th anniversary logo, first-ever secondary court design or the debut of Atlanta’s City Edition NBA uniform, Atlanta embraces all things gold. And, well, black. “Knowing this is our golden celebration,” […]

Read More...

Archived