kimball

Not based off any intel or anything like that, but to those discrediting the theory that the Earned sets will be re-colors because both of NOLA’s City & Earned are white - how do we know that the Earned isn’t just the city with Navy/Red/Gold colors replacing the Purple/Green/Yellow?

I have a strange feeling it will be that. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, M4One said:

I don't know what other teams are doing with the hype machine over their city jerseys, but the Miami Heat are certainly doing a bang up job.  Nice video intro for the city jerseys.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article221350085.html

I know the red/black/yellow/white has its fans, but this should be the look going forward. I’m excited and I’m not even a fan of the team. Top notch stuff.

7 minutes ago, mgfoxx said:

Wow, this completely flew past me, but in addition to the Jazz, did the Spurs also retain the exact same city design as last season? This is what they wore tonight. What happened to the arctic camo getup? DrsJ9e-U4AET0Pa?format=jpgDqxei9xUUAAaU8w?format=jpg

The arctic camo will be their earned jersey. Like the Jazz they got an exemption  on the one year city jersey “rule”

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

I’m very scared with the way the State Farm Arena and Fiserv.Fourm logos are set up. Are they preparing for on court advertising. Even then the Knicks beat them to the punch about 4 years ago (Give or take) with the Chase bank logo under the Madison Square Garden logo

I have no idea why it's like that but I wouldn't worry too much. Quicken Loans Arena had the same logo setup several years ago. It just seems like it's a matter of preference.

59af348d9f06f_Quicken_Loans_Arena.jpeg

bSLCtu2.png

Part of the draw for naming rights deals is for the company to get their name on the floor, like you see with the Quicken Loans example above.  I'd be shocked if there wasn't some language in the deal guaranteeing exclusivity, since some company could buy floor space at a fraction of the cost of the full naming rights, and it would be almost as good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, joekono said:

https://www.altitudeauthentics.com/. Nuggets City Edition sold out in minutes. Alex English must be smiling somewhere.

I think there's a supply issue for the Nuggets City jerseys (they would have to be selling at an enormous pace compared to other teams if there wasn't). 

Youth jerseys available on the Fanatics shops, but no adult jerseys. Same with Lids.

No jerseys at Dick's or Footlocker/Eastbay.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9 hours ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

I’m very scared with the way the State Farm Arena and Fiserv.Fourm logos are set up. Are they preparing for on court advertising. Even then the Knicks beat them to the punch about 4 years ago (Give or take) with the Chase bank logo under the Madison Square Garden logo

I think they just set it up like that to make the arena names more visible. I also noticed that both of those arena names take up a larger than normal space.

11 hours ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

Even then the Knicks beat them to the punch about 4 years ago (Give or take) with the Chase bank logo under the Madison Square Garden logo

Nah, I wouldn't say that's indicative of anything... The Garden knows everyone would flip out if they sold the naming rights so that was a way around that.

15 minutes ago, Bolt957 said:

The Mavericks are better off doing something like a fauxback for their City uniform. The last two (This season's and last season) have been horrendous.

Even if both were green instead of blue/black they would have been INFINITELY better.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The Mavs needed a change when they made the change, and the general "Dallas" blue/white home look is fine.

However, the horse is bad. Their alts, save the groovy green Mavs one, have all been generally bad.

Good:

dallas-mavericks-jersey-adidas-dallas-ma

Bad:

9-21jerseys7.jpg

FF_2280947ALT2_full.jpg&w=600

mavericks_104.jpg

Steve_Nash_Dallas_Mavericks_Swingman_Alt

The team so desperately needs a refresh. Or at least some inspiration in their alternates. Dallas doesn't really stand out in any particular way, beside their home/road looking generally fine.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Conspiracy theory: the Mavs have been intentionally sandbagged with an identity crisis at worst/forgettable jerseys at best so that the primary brand around the team can be Mark Cuban.

I’m kidding but I’m also talking myself into it.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived