kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Cavs debut tomorrow.

Yeah, my bad. I was going off LockerVision with past games turned off and it turned off yesterday's game before they happened. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

11 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Is a player being able to change numbers midseason a new thing? I remember it being a big deal at the time when LeBron applied to change his number to 6 before The Decision 

Only if you’re changing numbers but staying on the same team. If you switch teams, all your old jerseys are instant deadstock items regardless if you wear a different number with your new team or not.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

11 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Is a player being able to change numbers midseason a new thing? I remember it being a big deal at the time when LeBron applied to change his number to 6 before The Decision 

I always thought it had to do with Nike/adidas/NBA/whoever not wanting to just suddenly have jerseys on the shelves that were not correct. Something to do with the manufacturer needed time to stop production and sell what had been made before making the switch. Maybe I was always misinformed. But if it is the case then I don't think anyone is worried about having too much stock of old Landry Shamet jerseys.

19 minutes ago, eRay said:

I always thought it had to do with Nike/adidas/NBA/whoever not wanting to just suddenly have jerseys on the shelves that were not correct. Something to do with the manufacturer needed time to stop production and sell what had been made before making the switch. Maybe I was always misinformed. But if it is the case then I don't think anyone is worried about having too much stock of old Landry Shamet jerseys.

Well, rules are always meant to be broken, especially arbitrary rules like jersey numbers, etc. 

But, I also think in this case it might depend on the 'CALIBER' of player Shamet is. I doubt many jerseys have been made for the rookie then there's the whole rookie/veteran pecking order.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

14 minutes ago, kimball said:

Well, rules are always meant to be broken, especially arbitrary rules like jersey numbers, etc. 

But, I also think in this case it might depend on the 'CALIBER' of player Shamet is. I doubt many jerseys have been made for the rookie then there's the whole rookie/veteran pecking order.

Agreed. Plus you'd have to think the Sixers want Butler to be as recognizable as possible. I think it's a smart move. I can't remember the details exactly, but I've heard in the past that the player benefiting from the number change will usually compensate the player that has to change numbers. Anyways, this season just got that much better. Dr5HMv3XgAEY-3L?format=jpg

So from what I've gathered from LockerVision the team's with secondary courts are the following ...

And I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two pop up with the Earned jerseys.

Eastern Conference

ATL_CT_5.jpgCHA_CT_4.jpgCLE_CT_5.jpg1Vice-Court05b.jpgMIL_CT_2.jpgPHI_CT_5.jpgTOR_CT_5.jpg

kimball banner.png

5 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Only if you’re changing numbers but staying on the same team. If you switch teams, all your old jerseys are instant deadstock items regardless if you wear a different number with your new team or not.

Right, but an active sixer changed his number on the same team to accommodate butler. 

Hes is a rookie for whom no replica has likely been made. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

39 minutes ago, kimball said:

(2/2)

Western Conference

GSW_CT_4.jpg

Not sure if I missed any?

The Warriors have had a terrible time with arced words around a circular logo. Though I always liked this Run DMC-era logo, the arcing of the letters is a complete mess (and the letters around the current logo are poorly done, too).

And I thought this year's court had a no-seams logo?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

43 minutes ago, kimball said:

So from what I've gathered from LockerVision the team's with secondary courts are the following ...

And I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two pop up with the Earned jerseys.

Eastern Conference

ATL_CT_5.jpgCHA_CT_4.jpgCLE_CT_5.jpg1Vice-Court05b.jpgMIL_CT_2.jpgPHI_CT_5.jpgTOR_CT_5.jpg

It just might be because I'm from their but it feels weird when states other than Michigan show all five of the great lakes as michigan, canada, and a small bit of wisconsin are the only noticable areas.

21 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Warriors have had a terrible time with arced words around a circular logo. Though I always liked this Run DMC-era logo, the arcing of the letters is a complete mess (and the letters around the current logo are poorly done, too).

And I thought this year's court had a no-seams logo?

Huh, that's funny. LockerVision has the wrong court on file. It should be this one, made by @kodrinsky ...

31676644918_2c59a869c2_z.jpg

kimball banner.png

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Right, but an active sixer changed his number on the same team to accommodate butler. 

Hes is a rookie for whom no replica has likely been made. 

Ah, I missed that part. Maybe Jimmy’s buying back all the Shamet 23 jerseys? ?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

8 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

These don’t look quite as bad as I was expecting, but they’re still a mess IMO. 

The court looks better than the jerseys, especially the blue half.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

31 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Ah, I missed that part. Maybe Jimmy’s buying back all the Shamet 23 jerseys? ?

Yeah.  He wrote a check for $0.00.

Yahoo-Zero.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived