College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

2 hours ago, abanta said:

I guess I’m in the minority here but I think this will be an upgrade for Washington. No more black shoulder caps or “jaws of husky stadium.”

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, pscf3 said:

I guess I’m in the minority here but I think this will be an upgrade for Washington. No more black shoulder caps or “jaws of husky stadium.”

I'll take those over tire tread, awkward Techfit strechiness, and duct tape "chrome" numbers any day.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

I'll take those over tire tread, awkward Techfit strechiness, and duct tape "chrome" numbers any day.

The tire tread is all but gone in the new template Adidas debuted in the AA game in January, and Washington almost certainly won’t have duct tape numbers on their regular uniforms. The fit is a problem, I agree, but I personally think they’ll benefit from getting rid of those excess details from their current Nike uniforms.

Is Adidas perfect? Far from it- but acting like it’s the worst thing that can ever happen to a school is blowing things way out of proportion. As long as Washington goes for a more simple, classic look- something Adidas actually does a decent job with- they’ll be fine.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

calling them "chrome" with the quotation marks to make some kind of point or suggest it isn't actually chrome is kinda silly.. Adidas doesn't call it chrome.. Nor do they even try to market it as a "chrome" option.. Adidas calls it "sterling silver" or "onix shine", depending on which silvery/grey color you're referring to

7 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

calling them "chrome" with the quotation marks to make some kind of point or suggest it isn't actually chrome is kinda silly.. Adidas doesn't call it chrome.. Nor do they even try to market it as a "chrome" option.. Adidas calls it "sterling silver" or "onix shine", depending on which silvery/grey color you're referring to

Ridiculous by any name, but thanks for the info!

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they did it'd probably be for UA, I can't see them playing in adidas if ASU is too. Especially since they've seen the horrible crap basketball and football have worn. That's why I hate that my old college is an adidas school. Red and navy blue are the school colors but almost every sport in the program has some type of dark grey pants or shorts, except for baseball who still wear Wilson. 

pDdln5G.jpg

The wanna be Navy helmets are annoying too.

To be fair, the wannabe Navy helmet, I can guarantee you, has absolutely nothing to do with Adidas.. And the Pioneers were including grey long before going with Adidas.. Their UA set had grey helmets, grey shoulder tokes, and even grey numerals - and that was just their ROAD look.. So, don't blame Adidas for everything bad, especially when the bad predates Adidas..

3 hours ago, pscf3 said:

I can't think of a team ever upgrading when switching to Adidas.

Nike and UA have the best designs in college football. 

Mississippi State, Nebraska and Texas A&M are the only Adidas schools with decent primary uniforms, but even they've had some scary bad alternates.

3 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

Sucks for U Dub. If Arizona ever leaves Nike I'm burning this b**** down.

Can't see that happening any time soon, and I doubt it will happen. We've been nike for so long the entire fan base would probably lose their minds.

a2BRS8U.png

2 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Mississippi State, Nebraska and Texas A&M are the only Adidas schools with decent primary uniforms, but even they've had some scary bad alternates.

Miami has cleaned up with Adidas, but has also had the bad alternates as well. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

20 minutes ago, H11K said:

Miami's uniforms have Mark Richt to thank, not adidas.

Miami has Mark Richt to thank for the permanent switch to the throwbacks but those were in production long before Richt got to Miami. He said himself that the current set have nothing to do with him. Richt said the production cycle takes about two years. Miami is getting new uniforms this season. The new set will have his input. The official Miami equipment room account has hinted that a "U" at the base of the collar will be one of the changes. That is about it as far as hints go.

21 minutes ago, H11K said:

Miami's uniforms have Mark Richt to thank, not adidas.

If so (and phinish has already disputed this), then Washington has the opportunity to keep adidas and their designers in check. It's always up to the school for final approval.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If Washington had more sustained success they probably could have gotten more but I couldn't see them getting much more than Oregon. It'd be nice to see them lose the chrom helmets but i don't see that happening. The biggest knock I really have on adidas is their need to have patterns all over the uniforms that don't really seem to do anything than let you know that adidas made them. 

I say this every year, but Adidas' tire tread pattern really looks more noticeable on certain shades. Nebraska's red virtually eliminates that pattern from about 5 yards on. Watching games on TV you never notice it unless there's some ultra extreme close up. 

UCLA's powder blue, by contrast, looked terrible and that tire pattern was lit up like a Christmas tree. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3 hours ago, WavePunter said:

To be fair, the wannabe Navy helmet, I can guarantee you, has absolutely nothing to do with Adidas.. And the Pioneers were including grey long before going with Adidas.. Their UA set had grey helmets, grey shoulder tokes, and even grey numerals - and that was just their ROAD look.. So, don't blame Adidas for everything bad, especially when the bad predates Adidas..

I blame them for that dark gray, but Malone for introducing grey with the Under Armour set. When the helmets were grey the pants and jerseys at least matched them. Now there's only the pants that have grey and it's a jumble. I wasn't blaming adidas for the helmets either. That's all on this current staff, which ironically was hired from our rival school's staff.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

43 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

If so (and phinish has already disputed this), then Washington has the opportunity to keep adidas and their designers in check. It's always up to the school for final approval.

EVERYTHING is always up to the school.. 60 year old AD's and young hip head coaches have no idea what actually looks good, and if the kids say "SWAG" and "#?", then it must be a good thing, so they let the apparel designers go nuts..

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

That's because those three schools have traditional uniforms for the most part. 

I'm confident that Adidas could take over Penn State, Kansas State or Texas with minimal issue. They do traditional looks well. 

Where they suffer is trying to pull off modern or trendy design. An annual (bad) alternate is one thing when it's a non-con against Tulsa, but when it's a weekly modern look, they miss the boat entirely. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

7 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

I say this every year, but Adidas' tire tread pattern really looks more noticeable on certain shades. Nebraska's red virtually eliminates that pattern from about 5 yards on. Watching games on TV you never notice it unless there's some ultra extreme close up. 

UCLA's powder blue, by contrast, looked terrible and that tire pattern was lit up like a Christmas tree. 

Yup, totatlly agree. But looking at East Carolina and Arizona State's uniforms, you'll still see the pattern on the home uniforms and the gold and purple pants. But if they are going to be adidas' test bed they may wear something completely new next year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, Webfooter said:

UW is not worth the nearly $12 million they'll be getting per year.  They've been irrelevant in BB for a few years and have had only 2 high-profile bowl game appearances in the past 15 years.

As a UW alum, you nailed it. Nike couldn't possibly justify over paying for UW when Oregon has the ties and has been a much better program for the last decade.  I love my Dawgs, but I don't believe we're worthy of a top 10 revenue apparel deal. So many other schools I would put ahead of us in the national conversation. I get why UW would take the deal, but I'm not looking forward to the changes I expect to see coming. Best case is a 91 inspired throwback with weird metallic numbers and an unnecessary pattern, al la Miami.

SEAsig.png

2 hours ago, crosfam said:

Adidas version of this and I would be thrilled.  Maybe an alt purple helm (bad luck!) and alt purple pants to add to the mix.  No chrome, no jaws.  mix  582fe197ef236_LSUvWashingtonP_s9F2NW_0ix.thumb.jpg.0d2d826757eecb5e1e654111b4c951df.jpg

Maybe adidas will forgo the patterned pants and give UDub some pant stripes.

a2BRS8U.png

Archived