College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

A bit late on this, but here they are:

FH55HT9.jpg

RxzFxqu.jpg

If they are to have a second white jersey with green accents, I’d much prefer something like the first version. I’m not a huge fan of the yellow inline in the numbers on the second version I did, though I do like the yellow inside the nameplate and military style name badge above the swoosh. That said, I think the first version is more realistic of what we could expect a second white jersey to look like (if they even have one in the works).

I think both look fine.  I prefer they use green and yellow on a white jersey but I could easily get behind a 2nd white having only green and white.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Whenever i look at Wyo it takes a sec to register that the stripes are actually curved and not just straight stripes bunching in the pads

PGdPCAV.jpg

They are also wearing plain yellow pants instead of the striped pants shown in the reveal video

Wyoming is proof just how much the template matters. While some of the design has changed in the move from Nike to adidas, the construction is the biggest difference. They went with a cheaper template, which is better than the tire treads and such, but it sucks compared to Nike's styling. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

18 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This feels like a practice comment.

Tell me what separates these jerseys from what they wear in practice. Only the NOB is different and you can’t see that over 50% of the time. Everything else is the same including the construction of the jerseys.

12 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Wyoming is proof just how much the template matters. While some of the design has changed in the move from Nike to adidas, the construction is the biggest difference. They went with a cheaper template, which is better than the tire treads and such, but it sucks compared to Nike's styling. 

I'm pretty sure it's not any cheaper.. The "tire treads" are stock, mass-produced, plain jerseys with screen printing or heat transfer embellishments.. Wyoming's jerseys are custom cut-and-sew, and twill embellishments.. The traditional type jersey isn't what they're pushing, but that doesn't make it cheap 

26 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

I'm pretty sure it's not any cheaper.. The "tire treads" are stock, mass-produced, plain jerseys with screen printing or heat transfer embellishments.. Wyoming's jerseys are custom cut-and-sew, and twill embellishments.. The traditional type jersey isn't what they're pushing, but that doesn't make it cheap 

It's considered cheaper because the top college teams weren't wearing it. However, it's one of the templates CFL teams use.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/24/2018 at 4:47 PM, Webfooter said:

From what I've seen, the recruits and players are digging them.  All of us who are criticizing it on this board and elsewhere aren't recruits or players currently on the team so our opinions don't mean a whole heckuva lot.

They love them, I guarantee. 

6 hours ago, WavePunter said:

It might not be cheaper for the manufacturer, but since adidas is pushing the techfit jerseys and creating a higher demand for them the schools pay more for them than they do the older template that Wyoming just switched to.

Thinking out loud:

It would be interesting to read an oral history of how Oregon became the "trendsetters" of uniforms in college football.  Was it Nike's call, Oregon's call, Phil Knight's call?  It would be interesting to hear from each of their perspectives and people in the rooms and what not.  I understand the athletics department rebranded in 1999 with the O logo and tweaked colors, but still, who decided that there was an opportunity with the football uniforms to really flaunt some unique designs.  New logo or not, they could have stuck with simple designs like you see on Akili Smith below.  Who decided, lets go a little wild and stand out?

akilismithducksjpg-486c0eab9bfc3f66.jpgImage result for joey harrington oregon

90758391980.gif

Pretty sure Phil wanted Oregon to have incredibly modern stuff as the millenium approached.

Though the Akili Smith jerseys were nice (as was the Bill Musgrave set).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived