College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a couple pregame looks at Oregon’s uniforms for today:

DmC4gGkU8AErGR8?format=jpg

DmC6Kz0U8AAnrG9?format=jpg

I just realized Arizona's numbers are just as tall as Oregon's. The difference is the front numbers being the same size as the back numbers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s going to be really annoying when Nike starts extending the MASSIVE NUMBERS trend to their other schools... or worse yet when other schools ask for it because they think Oregon is the trendsetter

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

On 8/29/2018 at 8:49 AM, agentrygraphics said:

Meta: Idea for Uniform reveals / game day attire reveals Bingo card.

✅ Rap Music

✅ Weird camera angles

✅ "Do that superman thing with your chest"

✅ "Do that 'no way/incomplete pass' signal"

✅ Flex muscles

✅ Show your gloves

✅ Crouch

Pretty comprehensive, but I would add “only show the entire uniform for less than a second” and add a caveat that they have to do the glove thing wrong so that letters and/or part of the logo is covered up.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

35 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I just realized Arizona's numbers are just as tall as Oregon's. The difference is the front numbers being the same size as the back numbers.

Aw :censored: I think you're right.

Damnit, I can't wait to ditch these RichRod uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oregon looks like the first console football games. Not the back but the front is ridiculous. If they were Arizona size it would be ok. Louisville reminded me of a semi pro or little league team using some off brand uniform and the coaches were just doing different crap and it doesn’t really go above and beyond but yet still looks cheap and pressured to be just different enough to be talked about. Please Louisville go back to the traditional white helmet from here on out. Michigan please only use the white pants for a couple games. Houston please never where the all white helmets...you couldn’t see the chrome logo much at all. Arizona State greatness. So thankful that stupid ASU or dumb stripe is gone. Arizona put some stripes on your helmet! Alabama thank you for looking like Alabama 

Here’s some better shots of the Ducks’ uniforms yesterday:

99e__cmd2847.jpeg

aa1__cmd2817.jpeg

d6c__mgl3137.jpeg

027_mgl2972.jpeg

After seeing them in action (granted it’s only one combo), I think they’re mostly a success. It’s a pretty clean design, with some flashy touches by way of the wings on the helmets, the inline in the numbers which catches the light nicely, and even the military style name badge above the swoosh and the contrasting nameplates. For me they didn’t look all that plain during the game, although I do think something as simple as TV numbers on the sleeves would go a long way towards completing the look. The numbers, while still fairly large, didn’t look as excessively oversized as they initially appeared when they were released. The front numbers could still stand to be downsized by an inch or two so they’re a tad bit smaller than the back numbers, which I thought looked appropriately sized. Even the contrasting nameplates looked pretty nice to me, though if anything I’d make them a little bigger so that the actual NOB’s are more legible. As for the helmets, I thought they looked great, and stood out nicely with the relatively simple jerseys and pants. Overall, I thought it was a pretty good look, and I’m excited to see the other colorways (especially the green version which we’ll likely get to see next week). And then hopefully they’ll start mixing and matching too once they’re done debuting the monochrome looks, as I think there are some non-mono combos that could look really nice.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

FSU's black uni's just didn't look right, especially with the helmet they pair it with.

11.0.0.jpeg

That’s understandable with it being a rarely used alternate. But in a vacuum it doesn’t look bad to me. Nice use of patterns that aren’t as bold as the regular unis, and the helmet works great with  the rest of the uniform.

20 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

They look pretty nice, to be honest. Even the helmet looks good - a much better use of the fade effect than the Jaguars' awful gradient helmets.

The fact it's 2 dark colors help. A black to teal blend would have been better for the Jags. Placing the gradient lower would work too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived