FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

22 hours ago, Green27 said:

I've been a big fan of ASU's updated brand from Nike and more recently Adidas, but the heather grey look is never going to be a good one on any team. Way too many things going on here (just like the reveal video itself). I'll fight to defend this black uniform. 

Brock-Osweiler-ASU-vs-Missouri.jpg

I'll fight to defend gradient numbers!  Boise's were so good. ?

22 hours ago, Green27 said:

I've been a big fan of ASU's updated brand from Nike and more recently Adidas, but the heather grey look is never going to be a good one on any team. Way too many things going on here (just like the reveal video itself). I'll fight to defend this black uniform. 

Brock-Osweiler-ASU-vs-Missouri.jpg

It feels like an eternity ago that Mizzou was wearing the block M on their helmets. I would have expected Sparky was still on Arizona State's helmet at that time.

Big fan of the sublimated wings on the matte helmets. Excited to see them in the reflection of the sunlight (11 AM Kickoff time).

Interesting comment from the editor of the Oregon Athletic Department’s website:

Not a huge surprise, but it’ll be interesting to see just how little mixing and matching there really is. I still expect them to mix and match at least a little bit, with combos like yellow/green/yellow and yellow/white/yellow pretty likely, but I could see them using each monochrome combo more than once this season.

8 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Interesting comment from the editor of the Oregon Athletic Department’s website:

Not a huge surprise, but it’ll be interesting to see just how little mixing and matching there really is. I still expect them to mix and match at least a little bit, with combos like yellow/green/yellow and yellow/white/yellow pretty likely, but I could see them using each monochrome combo more than once this season.

With the color choices they made on the uniforms, the ability to mix-and-match as freely as they did in the past is not there, mainly with the black and green uniform elements.

Arkansas is going chrome/white/white this weekend. This will only be the second time we’ve worn the chrome helmets. They were last worn after the 2015 season in the the Liberty Bowl against Kansas State. 

Oregon seems to be going full hipster this year. Uniforms so boring they're ironic or meta or whatever the kids say who enjoy Pabst while finger snapping at poetry slams. 

Looks like Oregon has 2 versions of the Black jersey. Fanatics has been selling the black jersey with Apple Green digits while eoregonsports is selling one they call black/neon-

6529-Black-2T.jpgff_3112849_full.jpg&w=340

48 minutes ago, bowld said:

Looks like Oregon has 2 versions of the Black jersey. Fanatics has been selling the black jersey with Apple Green digits while eoregonsports is selling one they call black/neon-

6529-Black-2T.jpgff_3112849_full.jpg&w=340

I brought this up when they were first released but could never find out why it happened.  Seems Fanatics has pulled down the listings for the adult black jerseys (likely to get a more accurate representation of what they're selling), but still have the youth jerseys up that show the wrong version.  Without haven't seen anyone actually wearing the wrong one in the real world yet, it makes you wonder if it's just poor quality control on Nike's part or a potential version that wasn't meant to be released until later.

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks are indeed going all-green on Saturday:

W9v2DAj.jpg

I haven't really said much about these Oregon sets...but if oversized numbers are the least of this set's problems, I'll take it. Some might call this round of uniforms "boring", "lazy", what have you, but when you have colors as unique as Oregon does--at least the shades of green and yellow they use are unique, anyway--you can simply let the colors carry the uniform to great effect. (It's the same reason the Miami Dolphins'--well, now--and the Kansas City Chiefs' uniforms work so well: nonstandard color schemes in a rather traditional, or standard package, such that the colors carry the uniform. Contrast that with another somewhat unique color set with the Tennessee Titans in a uniform that's, well, "doing the most" and, well--y'all see what we got.) 

So yeah, I'm completely cool with this round of uniforms. And as a matter of fact, let's see Oregon do something that's, by this juncture, "nontraditional" for them and stick to this set for a few years (again, give or take the contrasting nameplate).

On 9/4/2018 at 9:40 AM, whitedawg22 said:

They didn't look terrible close-up, but from a distance (like, from the stands, or from most TV broadcast angles) it just looked like a plain gray helmet.

depositphotos_18060423-stock-photo-flori

On 9/4/2018 at 9:39 PM, See Red said:

Forget Maryland.  Let's all reminisce about how much better Florida State used to look... 

Well since ya don't gone and went there...?

I've given myself about a good two years to let these new sets sink in and...I still find myself pining for a return to those old classics. I can take or leave the Unconquered number font--but those old Glades Bold numbers WERE Florida State for the longest (and I prefer them in white). So too was that redder garnet--and that's something I still haven't adjusted to in this new set: the almost "purpler" garnet. I want the old shade back! (Oh, and the new pattern can go back to being just sleeve cuff trim akin to the collar trim as well...)

And since we're discussing better looks of arch rivals, let me repay the favor in kind...naturally I ain't got no [sports] love for them Swamp Thangs™, but their former uniforms were seriously some of the best in all of football...

20121124_jla_av1_282.0.jpg

gettyimages-156751651.jpg

I mean, their current uniforms aren't bad, now...but that half-jacked MLB block number font they have now can get gone tomorrow.

23 hours ago, See Red said:

I could even live with the current number font even though I loved the old ones they used.

I still hate the gold numbers they use. It's too Boston College for me. I loved the old uniforms too but I could live with the current if they just swapped the white and gold on the numbers.

2 hours ago, Buc said:

I haven't really said much about these Oregon sets...but if oversized numbers are the least of this set's problems, I'll take it. Some might call this round of uniforms "boring", "lazy", what have you, but when you have colors as unique as Oregon does--at least the shades of green and yellow they use are unique, anyway--you can simply let the colors carry the uniform to great effect.

The Packers manage to look good.

Green and Yellow doesn't force you into crappy choices. 

33 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

South Carolina going Garnet (with new script), Garnet, Black against UGA this weekend.

5041_FF4_B-7_A43-4472-_A8_FF-_CF1_D73_F3

The Carolina script looks incredibly stupid with the machine font on the chest and gamecocks on the back of helmet. Huge downgrade! 

On 9/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, upperV03 said:

Colorado going with their traditional road combo at Nebraska:

DmVxnPoUwAALSCn?format=jpg

Wouldn’t have it any other way. Colorado-Nebraska should look great just like it did back in the day. 

On 9/5/2018 at 4:20 PM, upperV03 said:

1PHQvF6.jpg

You would think the could have at least placed the "O" straight and centered on the back of the helmet. ?