College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone confirm that UH will have a solid white UH on their helmets rather than the beveled one with silver that is no where else on their uniform?! If what I’m seeing on their htown takeover twitter video is actually true then I’m finally happy about this logo and execution of it. Beveled logos on helmets just look way too busy. 

5 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

Can someone confirm that UH will have a solid white UH on their helmets rather than the beveled one with silver that is no where else on their uniform?! If what I’m seeing on their htown takeover twitter video is actually true then I’m finally happy about this logo and execution of it. Beveled logos on helmets just look way too busy. 

Based on what I can see in the video below, the bevel does appear to be removed from the helmets as well as from all UH logos and branding

20 hours ago, Buc said:

Well since ya don't gone and went there...?

I've given myself about a good two years to let these new sets sink in and...I still find myself pining for a return to those old classics. I can take or leave the Unconquered number font--but those old Glades Bold numbers WERE Florida State for the longest (and I prefer them in white). So too was that redder garnet--and that's something I still haven't adjusted to in this new set: the almost "purpler" garnet. I want the old shade back! (Oh, and the new pattern can go back to being just sleeve cuff trim akin to the collar trim as well...)

And since we're discussing better looks of arch rivals, let me repay the favor in kind...naturally I ain't got no [sports] love for them Swamp Thangs™, but their former uniforms were seriously some of the best in all of football...

20121124_jla_av1_282.0.jpg

gettyimages-156751651.jpg

I mean, their current uniforms aren't bad, now...but that half-jacked MLB block number font they have now can get gone tomorrow.

Really my only issue with the current Florida font is that they ratio feels off. I feel like if they just made the blue stroke a little thicker, resulting in less white, it would be more visually appealing. 

Here is a quick example of what i mean :

Z8BuL2f.jpg

Super minor, but makes a big difference to me. 

7 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Confirmed

Is it true that they got rid of the armpit stain gimmick?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Wazzou going with the traditional grey/crimson/grey combo:

Without looking at all of their combos from last season, I believe this’ll be their first time wearing traditional grey/crimson/grey with this latest uniform set. If I remember correctly, they wore crimson/crimson/grey and dark grey/crimson/dark grey last season, but not the traditional combo.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I’ll throw in another vote in favor of the old Florida State set. Some of the best college unis of all time. I get ditching a style you lost in, but they won two national championships in those! And they changed right after the second.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

6 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

Really my only issue with the current Florida font is that they ratio feels off. I feel like if they just made the blue stroke a little thicker, resulting in less white, it would be more visually appealing. 

Here is a quick example of what i mean :

Z8BuL2f.jpg

Super minor, but makes a big difference to me. 

I'm in favor of scrapping it altogether but I think you're right in that part of the problem is how thick those numbers are.  I don't think the double outline helps matters.  Like I said, I hate the font, but the basketball team manages to use it without it looking terrible (granted they don't use 6 through 9).

NCAAUVA2_s7qpee.jpg

I say make it less thick, give it a single outline, and italicize it (or whatever the more technical term is).

IUe6Hvh.png

uh2018-jpg.6495

13 hours ago, jgiff17 said:

35 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

That's not the A1 PrimeKnit..

It's not even the TechFit PrimeKnit - it's the TechFit ShockWeb template from 4+ years ago..

That's my bad. Thought I saw the chest ribbing pattern and didn't look at the rest of it.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived