College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

Image result for nebraska football helmet

It's always bothered me that Nebraska's helmet font doesn't match their logo.  They have the same problem with their helmet numbers, where the font doesn't match the jerseys.  Have they ever worn jerseys that have the more "rounded" number font?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like Texas A&M's uniforms a lot more than I currently do if they made the stripes on their pants and shoulders match. The jerseys' shoulders have triple stripes, while the pants have a single stripe (and a state silhouette logo for some reason). 

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

It's always bothered me that Nebraska's helmet font doesn't match their logo.  They have the same problem with their helmet numbers, where the font doesn't match the jerseys.  Have they ever worn jerseys that have the more "rounded" number font?

They shouldn't change anything.

Miscellaneous Observations: 

Iowa St. has seriously downgraded from great uniforms over the past decade.  Today's choice of RWR is the best combo currently in their closet, but it's too plain.

VA Tech has also downgraded from a great traditional look for about a decade.  I just don't get the stripes on the jerseys.

Indiana's uniforms look pretty bad.  The helmet color looks like a different shade from rest of the uniform.  The lack of striping doesn't work.  Their school logo doesn't make for a good helmet logo (perhaps folks from Indiana would disagree).

Virginia still looks solid and traditional, but I personally prefer them in navy helmets.

I know Iowa stole their look from the Steelers, but their uniforms look so much better than most of the garbage out there.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

First look at Ball State's new white uniforms. I just wish the numbers were red with a black outline, the helmet stripes were the same thickness/ratio as on the jersey, and the pants had the same stripes.
Ball+State+v+Notre+Dame+v3_D_0MBCfVl.jpg

Nonetheless, a great looking game.

On 9/8/2018 at 6:13 PM, _RH_ said:

Nebraska once used a rounded number font, but I'm not sure if they've ever gone with a rounded sans serif font like they currently use for their helmet numbers.

team_right_final.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

5 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:

Nebraska once used a rounded number font, but I'm not sure if they've ever gone with a rounded sans serif font like they currently use for their helmet numbers.

team_right_final.jpg

Nebraska wore a throwback uniform in 2009 that mimicked the 1960s look (300th Consecutive Sellout Game).  But no, the jersey numbers were always a rounded serif type of font while the helmets were sans-serif.

597a2d0ec03b7.image.jpg

Side note, Nebraska first wore an alternate uniform in 1923 when they hosted Oklahoma.  The modern notion of specific Home & Away uniforms wasn't exactly a science back then.  Since both teams normally wear red, Nebraska opted for blue jerseys out of courtesy to the visiting Sooners.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Here’s some better looks at the Ducks’ green uniforms in action Saturday:

7dc__cmd4169.jpeg

db7__cmd4273.jpeg

c3b__cmd4095.jpeg

208__mgl4462.jpeg

706__cmd3643.jpeg

I thought they looked great all things considered. After seeing both the green and yellow sets on the field, I think the green set is a little bit better as a whole, though I’d say the yellow helmets are slightly better than the green helmets. That said, the anodized satin finish on the green helmets continues to look absolutely beautiful, but the green wings could stand to be a little more visible. Once the sun came out on Saturday, they were slightly more noticeable, but they could still be made a little less subtle. Still, I thought they looked great overall, as did the whole uniform. The yellow cleats provided some nice contrast against the all-green combo as well. Entering week three, it’s expected that the Ducks will go all-black this Saturday. Several players were already posting shots of the new black cleats on their Instagram stories yesterday, so it seems like a safe bet that they will indeed be debuting the new black and neon set.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

21 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Several Oregon players are breaking in their black/neon green cleats at today's practice, which likely means they're going with their black uniforms against San Jose State and matches up with the color that fans are supposed to wear for that game.

Dm1JVqDU0AEBE24.jpg

Dm1JVqGVAAIdJ7V.jpg

Yep, they’ll almost surely be in all-black on Saturday. They should be breaking in the new black helmets during Thursday and Friday’s walkthrough practices, and if the pattern continues from the last two weeks, then the gameday combo will be unveiled on social media Thursday morning. I have to say, even though I get them wanting to debut each of their three new colored uniform sets in the first three games of the season, I wish they would’ve saved the all-black set for the primetime ABC game against Stanford on the 22nd. They’ve frequently worn black uniforms against Stanford over the last several years, and it just seems like it would’ve been the more fitting game to break out the new black and neon set. Unless they have something special in the works, it seems likely that they’ll just wear the yellow set again for the Stanford game, possibly changing out the yellow helmets for either the chrome or black lids. IMO it’s a missed opportunity to not wait to debut the black set for a game against a division rival that’ll be in the evening on national TV, rather than debuting them in a 2pm game against San Jose State on Pac-12 Network.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yep, they’ll almost surely be in all-black on Saturday. They should be breaking in the new black helmets during Thursday and Friday’s walkthrough practices, and if the pattern continues from the last two weeks, then the gameday combo will be unveiled on social media Thursday morning. I have to say, even though I get them wanting to debut each of their three new colored uniform sets in the first three games of the season, I wish they would’ve saved the all-black set for the primetime ABC game against Stanford on the 22nd. They’ve frequently worn black uniforms against Stanford over the last several years, and it just seems like it would’ve been the more fitting game to break out the new black and neon set. Unless they have something special in the works, it seems likely that they’ll just wear the yellow set again for the Stanford game, possibly changing out the yellow helmets for either the chrome or black lids. IMO it’s a missed opportunity to not wait to debut the black set for a game against a division rival that’ll be in the evening on national TV, rather than debuting them in a 2pm game against San Jose State on Pac-12 Network.

Wouldn't be shocked to see the black unis for Stanford still. It's already been noted that there will be less combos this season.

Then again I also wouldn't be shocked if we get Y/G/Y or G/G/Y since Cristobal seems to be a little more reserved and traditional

Archived