College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona went all-blue but with red socks. Ugh. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 9/15/2018 at 7:02 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Find me a better uniform matchup this week than LSU at Auburn

Oklahoma at Iowa State was pretty aesthetically pleasing. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Find me a better uniform matchup this week than LSU at Auburn

BYU vs Wisconsin, anyone?  Or Vandy at ND?

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Here’s some better shots of the Ducks’ black and neon set in action yesterday:

3d6__mgl4587.jpeg

150__cmd4585.jpeg

8a9__cmd5090.jpeg

388__cmd4546.jpeg

I thought they looked pretty sharp for the most part, though I think they would’ve popped a bit more during a night game under the lights. The helmets were far and away my favorite part, as I thought the glossy black wings looked really nice against the matte black shell. The rest of the uniform looked pretty solid as well though, and I especially liked how the inline in the numbers was a bit more prominent than on the green and yellow jerseys. Overall though, after seeing all three of the colored uniform sets in the first three games, I’d have to put both the green and yellow versions ahead of these black ones. The green ones looked the best overall, with the yellows not far behind, and the blacks just a little bit further behind. We’ll likely get our second look at the yellow set (possibly with a different helmet) this next weekend in the ABC primetime game against Stanford.

Also, if this tweet (which has since been deleted) is to be believed, then the Ducks will have a Jordan Brand alternate uniform to be revealed at some point, and a second black uniform to be worn for the UCLA game on Nov. 3rd:

tR7eKnQ.jpg

I’ve seen and/or heard these rumors a few different places and from a few different sources, so this doesn’t come as a huge surprise. I’m assuming these are two seperate alternates, but it wouldn’t shock me if the two were actually one and the same. I guess time will tell, though. It’s definitely something to look out for as the season progresses.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Oklahoma at Iowa State was pretty arethetically pleasing. 

It would've looked better had Iowa State wore yellow pants. The all red just isn't that good looking, they need another color to make the uniform pop more.

8 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

BYU-Wisconsin was nice, that might be the biggest competitor to LSU-Auburn

If BYU had rocked the royal blues, it would have been right there with LSU Auburn 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

20 hours ago, dfwabel said:

When collegiate teams deem it necessary to make their font proprietary.

Which, if it’s tasteful and strategic, does much more good than harm.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s some better shots of the Ducks’ black and neon set in action yesterday:

I still can't look away from the horrendously large numbers and that's not a good thing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

9 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

If BYU had rocked the royal blues, it would have been right there with LSU Auburn 

Since BYU already has both white and royal pants to wear with their royal jerseys, all they would need to do is add a white jersey with royal trim and they’d be all set to wear royal on the road.

I actually want to see BYU in an all white with royal trim set—it was a very rare combo, even back in the royal blue days. The only times I recall BYU not wearing royal pants on the road prior to the pre-1999 color change were maybe 2-3 away games in 1995 and 1996.

1995 Fresno State

GmxboNN.jpg

1996 Washington

Do-over1.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

16 minutes ago, whitedawg22 said:

SMU-Michigan was a great-looking game:

BKnw4xh.jpgC92wbVp.png

Those are two goddamn football uniforms right there.  My goodness.  Fantastic.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived