College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

Only with PJ Fleck does a personal brand trump a long standing University's branding. Blame Fleck for pushing the design, but also on the University and their Trademark and Licensing Department (if they have one) for signing off on it. 

I want to like the standard set (minus oar stripes and gold chrome and anthracite), but I just can't right now. The design isn't good. The collar on the new templates aren't as massive as the old FlyWire style, but these look just as big. Nothing seems to mesh well. The pattern on the numbers should have stayed bricks like the last set. It's at least relevant to the University. 

Also, touting 100 uniform combinations is entirely worthless when that number includes cleat colors, socks, wristbands, mouth pieces, facemask clips, visor tabs, etc. Personally, I only care about a team's helmets, jerseys, and pants. Nothing else matters.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are such a major downgrade! But did we expect anything less with Fleck coming on board?

When they stuck to using just maroon and gold in their last set, they looked very, very classy! Especially when they rocked the maroon helmet.

Honestly i don't hate the helmet stripe, but i wish the changes ended there. He just ruined the color balance for no good reason. I don't see why he couldn't implement his patterns but just keep everything else about the old uniform the same. The chrome is so bad.

The combos they chose to show are hideous. These are a few modifications away from being decent. Change the collar to yellow and take the sublimated pattern off.Take the oar off the maroon and white helmet. Bring back the regular gold helmet. 

Acceptable combos.

Helmet/Jersey/Pants

M/M/G

M/M/W

M/W/G

M/W/W

M/W/M

Occasionally Okay:

M/M/M

W/A/A

M/A/A

You can burn the rest of the combos and get rid of the chrome helmet 

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

4 hours ago, lbj273 said:

I'm sickened as a Gopher fan.  I hope the team is awful and he gets run out if town sooner than later so we can get rid of this garbage

I understand this sentiment as well as a fellow Gopher fan, but might I suggest that the better solution is that Fleck does well enough the next year or two to get hired away and the Gophers hire a traditionalist to take over.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

9 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

The combos they chose to show are hideous. These are a few modifications away from being decent. Change the collar to yellow and take the sublimated pattern off.Take the oar off the maroon and white helmet. Bring back the regular gold helmet. 

Acceptable combos.

Helmet/Jersey/Pants

M/M/G

M/M/W

M/W/G

M/W/W

M/W/M

Occasionally Okay:

M/M/M

W/A/A

M/A/A

You can burn the rest of the combos and get rid of the chrome helmet 

In what world is it ok for a team to prominently wear a color that isn't a school color (white excepted due to visiting jersey rules)?  In other words, why does anyone think anthracite is a good option for Goldy (or any other school)?

It's where I sit.

11 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

I understand this sentiment as well as a fellow Gopher fan, but might I suggest that the better solution is that Fleck does well enough the next year or two to get hired away and the Gophers hire a traditionalist to take over.

Since I feel like he'll want to take ROW with him wherever he goes, you're best bet is he goes to Louisville.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

In what world is it ok for a team to prominently wear a color that isn't a school color (white excepted due to visiting jersey rules)?  In other words, why does anyone think anthracite is a good option for Goldy (or any other school)?

giphy.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

24 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

i dont think its okay at all but its the combos they chose to have. I just think that is the "okay" choice out of their options they have that dont look 100% ugly

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

3 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Minnesota looks good to me! I question the grey jersey, but the helmet and home jersey are just fine! I don't see what the big complaint is. Sure it's a simple look, but it's much better than  most of the over designed crap Nike usually gives us.

Compared to the last set, this is over the top with design errors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Compared to the last set, this is over the top with design errors. 

What I don't understand is that I believe the set being replaced were a product of one of nike's brand unification exercise where they revamp an entire athletic department with a cohesive look and brand message. How the AD can allow a football coach to come in and completely run roughshod over a carefully and professionally designed and crafted uniform that was distinct and clean is beyond me. Additionally letting this joker's childish slogan supersede the schools own athletic motto is beyond weak. Two major conclusions can be gleaned from this uniform reveal: It's all about fleck and he has horrible taste in uniforms.

Tradition? I don't know, Davey. There was a time, but that has passed. To anyone under 35, Minnesota is just a doormat with a cool name due to silly factor. You have to win to claim tradition. Even Army and Navy plays the modern uni game. They aren't what they use to be.

Also, if Fleck wins, you will worship the ground he walks on. Until he moves to a higher job with winning tradition.

6 minutes ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

Tradition? I don't know, Davey. There was a time, but that has passed. To anyone under 35, Minnesota is just a doormat with a cool name due to silly factor. You have to win to claim tradition. Even Army and Navy plays the modern uni game. They aren't what they use to be.

Also, if Fleck wins, you will worship the ground he walks on. Until he moves to a higher job with winning tradition.

If Minnesota had a traditional set and wanted to go crazy-modern like Army and Navy do for one game, then we probably wouldn't have a problem with it. But that's not what Minnesota is doing. 

"Worshipping the ground he walks on" is incredibly hyperbolic for PJ Fleck.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

If Minnesota had a traditional set and wanted to go crazy-modern like Army and Navy do for one game, then we probably wouldn't have a problem with it. But that's not what Minnesota is doing. 

"Worshipping the WATER he ROWS on" is incredibly hyperbolic for PJ Fleck.

Fixed it for ya.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived