College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

They’re going all-white:

So close and yet so far. Change the pants to blue and the look would improve immensely.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Gotta ask because I've been seeing the same complaint posted for years on this forum. What's so bad about red and yellow? I don't understand it. I actually like "ketchup and mustard" on both a visual and edible level. Help me understand your POV.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Gotta ask because I've been seeing the same complaint posted for years on this forum. What's so bad about red and yellow? I don't understand it. I actually like "ketchup and mustard" on both a visual and edible level. Help me understand your POV.

I've never seen people complain about that! I thought most people like it. I think its hard to get the color balance right. And I personally dislike it because I have red hair, went to Iowa State, and neither of their colors look good for me haha

Stanford’s white jerseys have been updated to include the black number outlines that they added to the red jerseys:

DnvGiAuVsAAAECZ?format=jpg

Also, here’s a couple on-field looks at the Ducks:

DnvHav2UYAAZQwH?format=jpg

DnvHav1U8AAPnL4?format=jpg

Still would’ve liked to have seen the yellow helmets and/or pants, but this all-green combo really is a nice and clean look for them. Easily the best of their new set IMO.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

38 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

HiI'm shocked that with all the proprietary number fonts or schools, they fail to fix the NOB font.

Looking at you Texas.

Miami's tried to go old school with NOB.

Longer names can become an issue with the names on the back which is why they tend to stick to a generic font.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Bull$hi.. There is no issue in 2018.

If you're expecting to use the same font Texas uses on the front of the jerseys to the names on the back, it should not be aan issue. Depending on the size and shape of lettering for other teams it can become unreadable when crammed onto a nameplate. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

6vqXOSS.jpgdifferent sport. But football teams actively avoid this by doing what MJ said

bn2Xijk.jpg

qqSu1HK.jpg

Another sport but here you can see how they had to shrink the name to fit the uniform. Certain fonts just wouldn't work. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived