College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

WSU going full anthracite for their Gameday Game: Instagram

As for some of the other unis:

Oregon State needs to move to that branding full time. Gorgeous. Either that or the interlocking OS, which was criminally underrated.

Navy looks great. No one is doing better design than Under Armour right now, especially since Nike will likely be spending the next two years making everyone’s uniforms into a vehicle for their gigantic numbers.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/16/2018 at 12:26 PM, upperV03 said:

As a reminder, Oregon State will be wearing their gorgeous new fauxbacks with the Retro Benny helmets this Saturday against Cal:

Do_uoeWU8AAkYjI?format=jpg

Do_up-rVsAAxWUe?format=jpg

Ordinarily I prefer glossy helmets, but these pics are a perfect example of how satin>matte.

18 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

No one is doing better design than Under Armour right now, especially since Nike will likely be spending the next two years making everyone’s uniforms into a vehicle for their gigantic numbers.

I'll take bigger numbers over the stupidly small ones Under Armour is using. And I'm not sure I buy that UA is currently doing the best design in CFB--their hit-and-miss rate doesn't seem significantly better than Nike.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

16 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

WSU going full anthracite for their Gameday Game: Instagram

As for some of the other unis:

Oregon State needs to move to that branding full time. Gorgeous. Either that or the interlocking OS, which was criminally underrated.

Navy looks great. No one is doing better design than Under Armour right now, especially since Nike will likely be spending the next two years making everyone’s uniforms into a vehicle for their gigantic numbers.

The Wolverines are using larger numbers this year as well, the difference in sizes and shape betweeen them and Oregon cover up those differences. Most teams wear 10" on the front and 12" on the back. Oregon an Arizona are wearing 12" on the front and back. That's why it's so jarring to most people looking at the front of the uniform. I doubt we'll see Alabama switch to this as it's difficult to talk them into wearing houndstooth for Bear Bryant. I'd like to say Ohio State wouldn't do this, but they've worn all black and all grey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

These are phenomenal and would be an upgrade in every conceivable way if they went to these over the UCLA stripes full time. Keep the yellow helmet; add a white lid to the rotation; throw in pairs of plain yellow and purple pants; and it would be the best LSU has ever looked.

I'm one that really likes LSU's alternates. I wouldn't say they're better than the UCLA stripes like Andrew did, but I really like them. I hate when teams fabricate stories for their uniforms, but LSU's story is really spot on. No nameplate in honor of the unknown soldier is nice. The color changing helmet looks really cool in the promo pictures, though I'm curious how it'll look on field. I'm a fan all around here.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

As a Tulane football fan, I don’t like LSU, but gimmicks be damned, I like these as a one-off.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

43 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

I'm one that really likes LSU's alternates. I wouldn't say they're better than the UCLA stripes like Andrew did, but I really like them. I hate when teams fabricate stories for their uniforms, but LSU's story is really spot on. No nameplate in honor of the unknown soldier is nice. The color changing helmet looks really cool in the promo pictures, though I'm curious how it'll look on field. I'm a fan all around here.

They lost me in the explanation video when they showed the "French helmet" I believe it was. That aside, these are quite fantastic for one-offs. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived