College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

DqH1S5UUUAEHU7F.jpg

Beautiful

Now I just want this look with the star logo, which is by far the best helmet they have. Just mix the throwback logo with this one and I'd be perfectly content to call this a 10/10.

DJETHt3UQAABtEb.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Now I just want this look with the star logo, which is by far the best helmet they have. Just mix the throwback logo with this one and I'd be perfectly content to call this a 10/10.

DJETHt3UQAABtEb.jpg

large960_blur-d4df6ce93f3fddbd489412be078037380.jpg

Give me Patriot Pete over the the star logo any day. This fauxback (or the black mask variant) with the throwback uniforms would be spectacular. 

On 10/19/2018 at 2:49 PM, Jetlodge said:

Can Mizzou just go back to the regular colored version of these already please

Agreed, while I like the return of the block M on the helmet, just keep it simple!! 

On 10/22/2018 at 7:06 PM, PosterNutbag said:

large960_blur-d4df6ce93f3fddbd489412be078037380.jpg

Give me Patriot Pete over the the star logo any day. This fauxback (or the black mask variant) with the throwback uniforms would be spectacular. 

Compared to the sanders throwbacks the rest of these modern okie state uniforms are either of the arena football (fake sheriff/harley davidson imagery) or high school (cartoon logos and jumbled color/stripe combos).

There used to be a pretty defined aesthetic for college football that emphasized time tested color combinations often combined with a bold and seldom modified helmet logo that was typically letter/monogram based. Mascots and other detailed iconography was relegated to pennants, t-shirts, and the mascots costumes.

Long story short this osu throwback is what a college uniform should look like. It's the maturation of going from a hodgepodge high school uniform to a more mature and unified design, which ultimately evolves into a pro uniform with full striping, pro helmet logo, and long socks.

Last point: the one differentiator in the modern nfl era that made their unis stand out for decades was full length socks, striped pants, and no monochrome. That was kind of cool.

35 minutes ago, Green27 said:

Just confirming that the Ducks will in fact be wearing a special uniform for UCLA next week (Homecoming game as well). Haven't seen it all yet but hear the players love it. 

Yes, it’s the Jumpman alternate. It’s expected to be black with grey elephant print numbers, similar to this mockup I made a while back:

kceSzIs.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, razorback447 said:

The Oregon Ducks wearing Elephant print. Makes sense. 

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Elephant print?

What?

The elephant print is one of Jordan Brand’s signature design elements. That’s why it’s being featured (or at least rumored to be featured) on these new Jumpman alternate uniforms. It obviously has zero relevance to the school, though. Personally I wish they would’ve used a wing pattern inside the numbers or something with actual relevance to the school rather than the elephant print.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

22 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The elephant print is one of Jordan Brand’s signature design elements. That’s why it’s being featured (or at least rumored to be featured) on these new Jumpman alternate uniforms. It obviously has zero relevance to the school, though. Personally I wish they would’ve used a wing pattern inside the numbers or something with actual relevance to the school rather than the elephant print.

Technically there's some relevance with the Tinker Hatfield designed Pit Crew Jordan 3's. A stretch, yes, but certainly not shocking that Oregon wants to stay relevant and make headlines.

air-jordan-iii-pit-crew-jacket-11.jpg

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

33 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

If only there was a school that could properly use that elephant print on their uniforms. ? 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived