College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

42 minutes ago, Green27 said:

Technically there's some relevance with the Tinker Hatfield designed Pit Crew Jordan 3's. A stretch, yes, but certainly not shocking that Oregon wants to stay relevant and make headlines.

air-jordan-iii-pit-crew-jacket-11.jpg

Sure, but the elephant print has been used on countless Jordans and other Jordan Brand products through the years, so it’s not like that design detail on the Pit Crew Jordans was revolutionary or anything. Plus, the Jordan 3’s almost always have elephant print on them, so again the Pit Crew Jordans weren’t exactly revolutionary in that respect.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'd love for UCF to embrace this space theme.  "Knights" and black and gold are so common.  "Citronauts" and the Canaveral Blue color are unique to them, and they'd be the only space themed team in college sports (that I know of...)

Not that they really use the theme all that much, but Toldeo is the Rockets.

th?id=OIP.-U3t1LyGxRrY11y-_xRLzwHaLH&w=1

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

On 10/23/2018 at 5:46 PM, mcrosby said:

Georgia Southern isn't well known enough to not put their name somewhere on the jersey, or at least in their twitter handle. 

That's been their style for years though. They've always looked like a blue version of Alabama for as long as I can remember. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Green27 said:

I forgot about their wacky spaceman mascot. I usually think of Toledo's rockets being more of the destructive military type because of this story I read.

In 1961, The University of Toledo procured a genuine rocket from the U.S. Army. The one-ton rocket resides at the northeast corner of the Glass Bowl and is pointed 25 miles south toward Bowling Green State University. 

http://www.utoledo.edu/traditions/

15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yes, it’s the Jumpman alternate. It’s expected to be black with grey elephant print numbers, similar to this mockup I made a while back:

kceSzIs.jpg

I’ve grown to be ok with the uniforms this year, but if it ends up that this is what they go with for the UCLA game, i’ll Be extremely disappointed. Black & Grey, and a print that’s got nothing at all to do with the University of Oregon. Yuck!

https://twitter.com/BUFootball/status/1055141876905299968

https://twitter.com/WVUfootball/status/1054862532060553217

WVU will be in what I would characterize as their regular uniforms (blue, blue, gold) tonight vs. Baylor (in all white). Apologies; I couldn't figure out how to directly embed the tweets. Lame, I know.

I've kind of just come to accept that many teams (including my own, WVU) in college football now mix and match, so I'm just going to enjoy them wearing this combination tonight, and be glad they did it at least once this year. Ha.

17 hours ago, Green27 said:

Those things are beautiful. The whole project is well-designed, and looks great. Here is the UCF release page. 

https://ucfknights.exposure.co/a-familiar-flight

I live nowhere near Florida and have only been to Orlando once, but I am 95% certain I will buy one of those Citronaut shirts. That little guy is awesome.

Learning about the history of UCF made me really appreciate this uniform a lot. Looks awesome too. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 hours ago, Loakey said:

I’ve grown to be ok with the uniforms this year, but if it ends up that this is what they go with for the UCLA game, i’ll Be extremely disappointed. Black & Grey, and a print that’s got nothing at all to do with the University of Oregon. Yuck!

I mean...i guess you could make the argument that Tinker Hatfield popularized elephant print. 

17 hours ago, Green27 said:

Those things are beautiful. The whole project is well-designed, and looks great. Here is the UCF release page. 

Ideally, this is how uniform design should be. Meaningful, but with a clear definition and inspiration. This is probably one of the best one-offs, if not uniforms overall, I have ever seen. Its design influences and execution make sense, while still maintaining a "trendy" vibe to it. It just works.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I thought we were done with the stupid Oregon alternates this year. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

19 hours ago, Green27 said:

Who ever wrote this doesn't know anything about the constellations.  Orion is an archer, that's not his, "club or sword"

Also, " A shape of the planet named after UCF (UCF1.01)"   You mean, round?

9 hours ago, Loakey said:

Why go with Jumpman logo, and second why elephant print instead of a feather print?

sms.gif

On 10/24/2018 at 4:38 PM, Green27 said:

Yea, that's why I forgot about it.  Much like the Houston Rockets, it's in name only.  I hate that.  

I'm realizing how similar UCF and Army are.  Knights vs. Black Knights and the same colors.  UCF could have a unique brand going if they'd use it.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

Archived