College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I think FAU looked worse, but that's distinguishing F- from F, so it's not like it really matters.

Minnesota had a lot of good looks but Fleck has to toss his ROW BS all over the current set. The only good look now is the white jersey and maroon helmets. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

No uniform release from the Ducks yet, but the players are wearing the black helmets in their walkthrough practice today:

Dqc-xTSXQAEf1eX?format=jpg

DqdU__zWwAEkRrs?format=jpg

Chances are this means that they’re switching things up and going either black/white/white or, less likely, black/white/black tomorrow night at Arizona. The nose bumper logos and ‘O’ decals look either white or silver in those shots, so I’m guessing they’ll just be in black/white/white with white cleats. 

This kind of annoys me, because if they’re willing to swap out the combos now, why weren’t they earlier in the season?

34 minutes ago, Loakey said:

This kind of annoys me, because if they’re willing to swap out the combos now, why weren’t they earlier in the season?

I'm with ya, I just going to assume Phil Knight/ Nike put them on a uniform schedule. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Here’s the announcement of the black/white/white combo for the Ducks:

I’m glad they’re at least switching out the helmet so it’s not the same chrome/white/white look we’ve already seen twice, but I would’ve liked to have seen some color. Personally I would’ve much preferred yellow/white/yellow or, if they were insistent on still going with the white pants, then at least yellow/white/white with the yellow/grey cleats. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Making the helmet decals the same green/mauve mallard finish as the inline on the numbers would really go a long way here.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, Loakey said:

To be fair, all they did was swap out the helmets. It’s technically a different look, but they’re still wearing the same white jersey/white pants combo that we’ve already seen twice. They seem insistent on wearing the monochrome jersey/pant combos, but I’m hoping this at least opens the door to them mixing and matching the helmets more. Next week will be the Jordan uniforms, but in the games they have left after that, I’d like to see yellow/green/green and/or yellow/white/white (again, that’s assuming they’re not willing to deviate from the mono-jersey/pants combos).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Making the helmet decals the same green/mauve mallard finish as the inline on the numbers would really go a long way here.

I somewhat agree with you, but that would also make the ‘O’ decals pretty hard to see from most angles. I wish there was more color in this particular look, but I think the silver decals were the better choice strictly because they’ll be more visible.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

13 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I somewhat agree with you, but that would also make the ‘O’ decals pretty hard to see from most angles. I wish there was more color in this particular look, but I think the silver decals were the better choice strictly because they’ll be more visible.

I was really just thinking of the wings. I think the O would look great in the mallard film, though. I also wouldn’t mind the O decal remaining a contrast color, but truth be told, I don’t think it’s necessary on the helmet.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

11 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I was really just thinking of the wings. I think the O would look great in the mallard film, though. I also wouldn’t mind the O decal remaining a contrast color, but truth be told, I don’t think it’s necessary on the helmet.

Oh I see, I didn’t realize you were talking about the wings. The mallard effect on the wings would look interesting against the matte black shell. Also, the wings aren’t actually decals, they’re a part of the paint process.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Minnesota had a lot of good looks but Fleck has to toss his ROW BS all over the current set. The only good look now is the white jersey and maroon helmets. 

Other than the cheesy Ski-U-Mah in the helmet stripe and maybe adding some pants stripes to match the helmets, these were a near perfect look for Minnesota. 

Minnesota.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived