FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I think FAU looked worse, but that's distinguishing F- from F, so it's not like it really matters.

Minnesota and Fleck is full of gimmicks.

Row The Boat.

Nekton Mentality.

Brick By Brick.

 

Fleck is a bit machine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Fleck is all about Elite, but tonight was FAR....................................... FROM......................... THAT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I think FAU looked worse, but that's distinguishing F- from F, so it's not like it really matters.

Minnesota had a lot of good looks but Fleck has to toss his ROW BS all over the current set. The only good look now is the white jersey and maroon helmets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, upperV03 said:

No uniform release from the Ducks yet, but the players are wearing the black helmets in their walkthrough practice today:

Dqc-xTSXQAEf1eX?format=jpg

DqdU__zWwAEkRrs?format=jpg

Chances are this means that they’re switching things up and going either black/white/white or, less likely, black/white/black tomorrow night at Arizona. The nose bumper logos and ‘O’ decals look either white or silver in those shots, so I’m guessing they’ll just be in black/white/white with white cleats. 

 

This kind of annoys me, because if they’re willing to swap out the combos now, why weren’t they earlier in the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Loakey said:

 

This kind of annoys me, because if they’re willing to swap out the combos now, why weren’t they earlier in the season?

I'm with ya, I just going to assume Phil Knight/ Nike put them on a uniform schedule. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s the announcement of the black/white/white combo for the Ducks:

I’m glad they’re at least switching out the helmet so it’s not the same chrome/white/white look we’ve already seen twice, but I would’ve liked to have seen some color. Personally I would’ve much preferred yellow/white/yellow or, if they were insistent on still going with the white pants, then at least yellow/white/white with the yellow/grey cleats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Loakey said:

 

This kind of annoys me, because if they’re willing to swap out the combos now, why weren’t they earlier in the season?

To be fair, all they did was swap out the helmets. It’s technically a different look, but they’re still wearing the same white jersey/white pants combo that we’ve already seen twice. They seem insistent on wearing the monochrome jersey/pant combos, but I’m hoping this at least opens the door to them mixing and matching the helmets more. Next week will be the Jordan uniforms, but in the games they have left after that, I’d like to see yellow/green/green and/or yellow/white/white (again, that’s assuming they’re not willing to deviate from the mono-jersey/pants combos).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Making the helmet decals the same green/mauve mallard finish as the inline on the numbers would really go a long way here.

I somewhat agree with you, but that would also make the ‘O’ decals pretty hard to see from most angles. I wish there was more color in this particular look, but I think the silver decals were the better choice strictly because they’ll be more visible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I somewhat agree with you, but that would also make the ‘O’ decals pretty hard to see from most angles. I wish there was more color in this particular look, but I think the silver decals were the better choice strictly because they’ll be more visible.

 

I was really just thinking of the wings. I think the O would look great in the mallard film, though. I also wouldn’t mind the O decal remaining a contrast color, but truth be told, I don’t think it’s necessary on the helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

 

I was really just thinking of the wings. I think the O would look great in the mallard film, though. I also wouldn’t mind the O decal remaining a contrast color, but truth be told, I don’t think it’s necessary on the helmet.

Oh I see, I didn’t realize you were talking about the wings. The mallard effect on the wings would look interesting against the matte black shell. Also, the wings aren’t actually decals, they’re a part of the paint process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, kabbey520 said:

Arizona going all red.

That’s easily their worst and ugliest combo IMO?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Minnesota had a lot of good looks but Fleck has to toss his ROW BS all over the current set. The only good look now is the white jersey and maroon helmets. 

 

Other than the cheesy Ski-U-Mah in the helmet stripe and maybe adding some pants stripes to match the helmets, these were a near perfect look for Minnesota. 

 

Minnesota.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.