College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idaho State-Portland State. NCAA rules require 1. the road team to wear white unless the home team requests to wear white and the road team agrees or 2. if the home team agrees for the road team to wear a colored jersey that contrasts. Both situations have to be in writing prior to the game, but it appears there was some miscommunication. 

9 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Idaho State-Portland State. NCAA rules require 1. the road team to wear white unless the home team requests to wear white and the road team agrees or 2. if the home team agrees for the road team to wear a colored jersey that contrasts. Both situations have to be in writing prior to the game, but it appears there was some miscommunication. 

Does this mean road teams have to agree to LSU wearing white?

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

5 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Does this mean road teams have to agree to LSU wearing white?

Yes. However, the SEC has a rule that conference teams have to agree to let the home team wear white if they request to do so. But if LSU were playing somebody from any other conference, the road team could tell LSU to stick it.

Yeah, so the Portland State/Idaho State game really was wild. This is one case where I actually agree with the penalty.

5bdeabf20dd32.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Whoa. From a distance, I cannot distinguish who's Idaho State and who's Portland State, especially if this was played under the lights. Color on color is acceptable as long as the jersey colors contrast with each other.

15 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Yeah, so the Portland State/Idaho State game really was wild. This is one case where I actually agree with the penalty.

Looks like a pee wee football game. 

55 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Best looking game from the weekend.  Duke-Miami in the mud

Image result for duke miami

Too bad the field was "wrecked" for the Jets vs Dolphins but these type of games are awesome. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Brutal.

One of these teams should have been forced to wear pinnies.

Or the home team could have mustered up their white tops, even if they're just practice-grade.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

14 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Or the home team could have mustered up their white tops, even if they're just practice-grade.

The game was played in Hillsboro, where it can take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half to get to downtown Portland where PSU is. Plus, the game started at 7, so if Portland State sent someone to go get white tops, the game likely would’ve been delayed until close to 9pm. They still could’ve done that, but it wasn’t as realistic an option as if all of the home team’s equipment was on site or even across town.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Looks like this ugly thing (celebrating 150th birthday of college football, supposedly) is coming as a jersey patch nationwide next year. It is proposed to be placed above conference patches, so that will look less than ideal.

I’m not a fan because it feels very forced. It’s not like it’s a recognition of the SEC or B1G celebrating 100 years. It’s just for college football in general.

cfb150_primary_logo_-2.jpg

https://cfb150.org/news/2018/11/5/cfb150uniformlogo.aspx

I’m on board with stuff like this below, where it’s celebrating something tangible, not just the general idea of college football being played.

photos.medleyphoto.10604831.jpg

xemmitt-smith-Man_0971.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

2 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Looks like this ugly thing (celebrating 150th birthday of college football, supposedly) is coming as a jersey patch nationwide next year. It is proposed to be placed above conference patches, so that will look less than ideal.

I’m not a fan because it feels very forced. It’s not like it’s a recognition of the SEC or B1G celebrating 100 years. It’s just for college football in general.

cfb150_primary_logo_-2.jpg

https://cfb150.org/news/2018/11/5/cfb150uniformlogo.aspx

I’m on board with stuff like this below, where it’s celebrating something tangible, not just the general idea of college football being played.

A lot of schools wore College Football 125th Anniversary patches

8096458.jpeg

282373.jpg.0.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Some rumors were flying around last week that Notre Dame would wear green vs. Florida State at home this Saturday.  

The following jersey has shown up on the bookstore in the past couple of weeks:

jjmvpi.jpg

Here is a mockup of what it would look like on the field:

5ml3zm.jpg

Personally, not a fan of the navy blue numbers.  I think the greens look much better with white or gold numbers with the opposite color as the outline.  

13 hours ago, butlerpilgrim said:

Some rumors were flying around last week that Notre Dame would wear green vs. Florida State at home this Saturday.  

The following jersey has shown up on the bookstore in the past couple of weeks:

Here is a mockup of what it would look like on the field:

5ml3zm.jpg

Personally, not a fan of the navy blue numbers.  I think the greens look much better with white or gold numbers with the opposite color as the outline.  

I agree, looks much better with gold numbers.  I was a big fan of the uniform they used during the Bush Push game

Image result for bush push usc

That's all ND needs to be.  Don't need any Yankee pinstripes or shamrocks or striping or etc

90758391980.gif

On 11/4/2018 at 5:16 PM, Red Wolf said:

Yes. However, the SEC has a rule that conference teams have to agree to let the home team wear white if they request to do so. But if LSU were playing somebody from any other conference, the road team could tell LSU to stick it.

Usually LSU will wear purple at home for games against FCS or Group of 6 teams (AAC, C-USA, Sun Belt, et al). But they always wear white for their home opener, even if it's against one of the aforementioned groups.

5 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

And many schools wore College Football 100th Anniversary helmet decals in 1969.

1969-4.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

I liked how NU slapped it on the front of the helmet:

0c838cbf8e39075c0d2d58aaacc03d3e.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived