College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

1 hour ago, fizz said:

Maybe not more than Georgia, but I would say Ohio State's traditional stripe jerseys (brought back in 2014 by Nike for the special Diamond Quest jerseys). Ever since the 2016 shutout against Clemson, the team has worn neither the red or white versions of the jerseys. Personally, the scarlet jerseys are my favorite but I much prefer the white version over the usual white jersey.

ct-greenstein-ohio-state-clemson-fiesta-

usp_ncaa_football__michigan_state_at_ohi

They didn't wear them in 2017 because the switched to the Grey Wolves uniforms. Since they went back to the blackout design this year these will probably be back in some form next year for CFB 150th season.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, alxy8s said:

Okay, a rant on something that didn't even happen... I could talk all day about how Mark Richt drove me insane when he ran Georgia's program. Kirby's got it turned around, but one lasting part of his predecessor's legacy that just will not die is the idea that the black jerseys are somehow special, magical, and/or motivational. Half the fanbase thinks they're cursed because we lost to Alabama while wearing black 10 years ago (we've lost to them 3 times since then in red, but okay) and that we should never wear them again. The other half clamors for them every time there's a big home game late in the season.

The game we call "the blackout" was against Auburn in 2007. Richt asked the fans to wear black for the first time, and there were rumors all week that the team would wear the jerseys. During warmups, they wore red. When they ran out of the tunnel, they were in black, and the stadium damn near exploded. Ever since that Bama loss in '08, those jerseys exist as only rumors and whispers (save for the odd choice of wearing them against ULL in '15). The staff will never confirm or deny that the team will wear them. We never know for sure until kickoff (and I half expected us to make a switch at halftime yesterday). Yet they seem to make sure we know they exist (this from a July tweet from the equipment staff):

DcxIsK7XcAEGO8S.jpg

Anyhow, it's enormously frustrating that we never wear them. Black is a team color. The black jerseys are beautiful. When we have recruits visit UGA, they get a custom jersey and they always choose the black one. Wear the damn things! Does any team have its head up its own ass more than Georgia does about a jersey? It seems like half of NCAAF trots out a completely different uniform every week.

I’m expecting them one of the next two weeks. Probably UMass. But I totally agree. It’s not like Ohio State or FSU wearing black. It’s one of our two colors. They should be worn once or twice a season. I would support them being the night game set. Also, I would like to see red britches on the road once a year or so.

On 11/10/2018 at 1:15 PM, Mingjai said:

Ugh… Minnesota’s attempt to “Salute to Service” by recoloring their already tacky helmet oars as US flags look like strips of bacon from behind. ? 

7oVIYBM.jpg

JE4J4Js.jpg

They should wear those again for the Wisconsin game. The current trophy is Paul Bunyan's Axe, but it used to be the Slab of Bacon. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

After watching the NU-Illinois game, I'm convinced that we should slap the alternate jersey numbers onto the regular set.

Alternate Uniforms:

maxresdefault.jpg

Regular Uniforms - Morgan (#8) updated, Williams (#9) unchanged.

cwI2e0l.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

53 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Is it me or is Nike a bit late this year on unveiling Army's uniforms for Army/Navy game?

They unveiled last year’s during the first few days of December, so I’m guessing they’ll probably do the same this year. I agree though, it does seem a bit late, especially since Navy’s uniforms for this year’s game were unveiled back in October.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived