College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

7 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Any chance of Michigan wearing blue?

I wish they would. 

USC-UCLA looks so gorgeous when they do red vs blue. Ohio State and Michigan could do the same thing but with a better shade of blue. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, pianoknight said:

I wish they would. 

USC-UCLA looks so gorgeous when they do red vs blue. Ohio State and Michigan could do the same thing but with a better shade of blue. 

Reminds me, I wonder if we'll get one of these three color match-ups for the Holy War or if Utah will go with black of some sort.

FBall-vs-Utah_84.jpg

USATSI_7448805.jpg

Utah-BYU-line-of-scrimmage.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Red vs Blue always looks good.  

Nebraska @ Penn State might be my favorite match up in the Big Ten.  Nod to the Huskers over Wisconsin here because we almost always wear the red pants on the road and Wiscy's usually all-white. 

10251463-large.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I don't get the love this board has for the color on color concept. USC v UCLA works because of the shared home field, and because those uniforms just happen to look nice together. And I guess if teams (say Georgia/Florida, for instance) play on a neutral field and have contrasting dark jerseys, then OK, why not?

But Michigan, wearing their home colors in the shoe?  Oh, hell, no.

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't get the love this board has for the color on color concept. 

I agree. My hope is that Michigan revives the white jersey/yellow pants combo:

maize-pants.jpg?resize=520,390

All-white is fantastic, but a bit more maize is nice.

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

Agreed.  I'm a big fan of the all-white, too, but I don't want the road maize pants to disappear completely.  And white over maize vs. Scarlet and Gray is tough to beat.

8 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Growing up, Michigan was always wearing maize pants home and away.  Now it just looks weird for them to wear white pants on the road.

37 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't get the love this board has for the color on color concept. USC v UCLA works because of the shared home field, and because those uniforms just happen to look nice together. And I guess if teams (say Georgia/Florida, for instance) play on a neutral field and have contrasting dark jerseys, then OK, why not?

USC and UCLA don’t share a home field. Shared major metro area yes, but field no.

SC plays in the LA Coliseum and UCLA (obv) plays in the Rose Bowl.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Agreed.  I'm a big fan of the all-white, too, but I don't want the road maize pants to disappear completely.  And white over maize vs. Scarlet and Gray is tough to beat.

Ohio State’s road uniform vs Michigan’s home uniform beats that. And no, this year’s matchup won’t be color vs color. I’m in the minority, but I hope it never is.

2 hours ago, HecEdHooligan said:

USC and UCLA don’t share a home field. Shared major metro area yes, but field no.

SC plays in the LA Coliseum and UCLA (obv) plays in the Rose Bowl.

They used to both play at the Coliseum, which is the point. UCLA didn’t play at the Rose Bowl until 1982.

21 hours ago, CLEstones said:

Any chance of Michigan wearing blue?

well, you know all white is 🔥 these days. Plus I can see Harbaugh not changing anything. I too miss the maize pants. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

33 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

well, you know all white is 🔥 these days. Plus I can see Harbaugh not changing anything. I too miss the maize pants. 

Har-bonehead is nothing if not stubborn. Michigan in all white is a far inferior look to the maize pants on the road. 

But I don't see the Khaki'd Wonder changing his mind on the all-whites. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

They unveiled last year’s during the first few days of December, so I’m guessing they’ll probably do the same this year. I agree though, it does seem a bit late, especially since Navy’s uniforms for this year’s game were unveiled back in October.

Navy jumped the gun. They normally release theirs around Thanksgiving. I'd expect Army to reveal theirs in a couple weeks. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, pianoknight said:

I wish they would. 

I think Ohio State vs Michigan would be awesome as a color vs color game. I know fans scream about tradition but don't realize that The Game was color vs color until the 1960s.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

Har-bonehead is nothing if not stubborn. Michigan in all white is a far inferior look to the maize pants on the road. 

But I don't see the Khaki'd Wonder changing his mind on the all-whites. 

I think tat he's sworn off yellow pants on the road after that shellacking at Penn State.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I like them when they're contrasting with each other. BBG vs GRG is a good look. Even if OSU vs PSU were a color matchup it'd look good. It might even pop more aestheticly. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived