Jump to content

College Football uniforms- 2018


FightingGoldenDevil
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, pianoknight said:

 

I wish they would. 

 

USC-UCLA looks so gorgeous when they do red vs blue. Ohio State and Michigan could do the same thing but with a better shade of blue. 

 

Reminds me, I wonder if we'll get one of these three color match-ups for the Holy War or if Utah will go with black of some sort.

 

FBall-vs-Utah_84.jpg

USATSI_7448805.jpg

Utah-BYU-line-of-scrimmage.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't get the love this board has for the color on color concept. USC v UCLA works because of the shared home field, and because those uniforms just happen to look nice together. And I guess if teams (say Georgia/Florida, for instance) play on a neutral field and have contrasting dark jerseys, then OK, why not?

 

But Michigan, wearing their home colors in the shoe?  Oh, hell, no.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't get the love this board has for the color on color concept. 

 

But Michigan, wearing their home colors in the shoe?  Oh, hell, no.

 

I agree. My hope is that Michigan revives the white jersey/yellow pants combo:

 

maize-pants.jpg?resize=520,390

 

All-white is fantastic, but a bit more maize is nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SFGiants58 said:

 

I agree. My hope is that Michigan revives the white jersey/yellow pants combo:

 

maize-pants.jpg?resize=520,390

 

All-white is fantastic, but a bit more maize is nice.

 

Agreed.  I'm a big fan of the all-white, too, but I don't want the road maize pants to disappear completely.  And white over maize vs. Scarlet and Gray is tough to beat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

 

I agree. My hope is that Michigan revives the white jersey/yellow pants combo:

 

maize-pants.jpg?resize=520,390

 

All-white is fantastic, but a bit more maize is nice.

Growing up, Michigan was always wearing maize pants home and away.  Now it just looks weird for them to wear white pants on the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't get the love this board has for the color on color concept. USC v UCLA works because of the shared home field, and because those uniforms just happen to look nice together. And I guess if teams (say Georgia/Florida, for instance) play on a neutral field and have contrasting dark jerseys, then OK, why not?

 

But Michigan, wearing their home colors in the shoe?  Oh, hell, no.

 USC and UCLA don’t share a home field. Shared major metro area yes, but field no.

 

SC plays in the LA Coliseum and UCLA (obv) plays in the Rose Bowl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Agreed.  I'm a big fan of the all-white, too, but I don't want the road maize pants to disappear completely.  And white over maize vs. Scarlet and Gray is tough to beat.

 

Ohio State’s road uniform vs Michigan’s home uniform beats that. And no, this year’s matchup won’t be color vs color. I’m in the minority, but I hope it never is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HecEdHooligan said:

 USC and UCLA don’t share a home field. Shared major metro area yes, but field no.

 

SC plays in the LA Coliseum and UCLA (obv) plays in the Rose Bowl.

 

They used to both play at the Coliseum, which is the point. UCLA didn’t play at the Rose Bowl until 1982.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

well, you know all white is 🔥 these days. Plus I can see Harbaugh not changing anything. I too miss the maize pants. 

 

Har-bonehead is nothing if not stubborn. Michigan in all white is a far inferior look to the maize pants on the road. 

 

But I don't see the Khaki'd Wonder changing his mind on the all-whites. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

They unveiled last year’s during the first few days of December, so I’m guessing they’ll probably do the same this year. I agree though, it does seem a bit late, especially since Navy’s uniforms for this year’s game were unveiled back in October.

Navy jumped the gun. They normally release theirs around Thanksgiving. I'd expect Army to reveal theirs in a couple weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, pianoknight said:

 

I wish they would. 

 

USC-UCLA looks so gorgeous when they do red vs blue. Ohio State and Michigan could do the same thing but with a better shade of blue. 

I think Ohio State vs Michigan would be awesome as a color vs color game. I know fans scream about tradition but don't realize that The Game was color vs color until the 1960s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pianoknight said:

 

Har-bonehead is nothing if not stubborn. Michigan in all white is a far inferior look to the maize pants on the road. 

 

But I don't see the Khaki'd Wonder changing his mind on the all-whites. 

I think tat he's sworn off yellow pants on the road after that shellacking at Penn State.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don't get the love this board has for the color on color concept. USC v UCLA works because of the shared home field, and because those uniforms just happen to look nice together. And I guess if teams (say Georgia/Florida, for instance) play on a neutral field and have contrasting dark jerseys, then OK, why not?

 

But Michigan, wearing their home colors in the shoe?  Oh, hell, no.

I like them when they're contrasting with each other. BBG vs GRG is a good look. Even if OSU vs PSU were a color matchup it'd look good. It might even pop more aestheticly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.