College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

Not a fan of that move by the Ducks. I was expecting them to go with the apple green set again, and frankly I would’ve much preferred that over them wearing all-black for the third time this season (twice now with the black and neon set, and once with the Jumpman set). 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Not a fan of that move by the Ducks. I was expecting them to go with the apple green set again, and frankly I would’ve much preferred that over them wearing all-black for the third time this season (twice now with the black and neon set, and once with the Jumpman set). 

Wouldn't be shocked to see the Civil War be a color v color match up. With how bad the Ducks have been on the road I wouldn't be surprised to see the "white jerseys are cursed" crowd start to appear.

Regardless, the Civil War should always be color v color

452584003JF004_Oregon_State_crop_north.j

7 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Wouldn't be shocked to see the Civil War be a color v color match up. With how bad the Ducks have been on the road I wouldn't be surprised to see the "white jerseys are cursed" crowd start to appear.

Regardless, the Civil War should always be color v color

452584003JF004_Oregon_State_crop_north.j

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Civil War was color vs. color this year, either. I’d love if it the Ducks went all-green or all-yellow (or preferably yellow/green/green or yellow/green/yellow) at OSU. And I bet the Beavs either wear orange or their Retro Benny fauxbacks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, BigDmo said:

Start to appear?! Have you seen Facebook? 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

8 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

How funny is it that the helmets look like different shades of red and different finishes.

I dont they just look like different finishes so much as they are different finishes. The orange-er looking shells (speedflexes) are reflecting the same light fixtures as the red-er looking shells, and the difference in distance between the two from said light fixtures is negligible, which all but rules out the possibility of color/light distortion to the camera lens. That would make me think that there is some coating on the harder speedflex shells that simply couldnt be applied (at least not in the same manner) to the softer Vicis shells.

22 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

Could we have just kicked the damn XP last week? Hated that playcall too on the conversion

The play was there...the execution sucked. 

It was the right call.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:45 PM, jerrylawless3 said:

Vandy doing the flag desecration thing this week. Would much rather them do military patches and veteran name plates, like they did last year, instead.

I don't think this is viewed as desecration despite what the letter of the law says. Current popular opinion finds this to be acceptable. Even popular and widely loved

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

WVU wearing their white throwback helmet today:

An update with just stripes (navy-yellow-navy) on that white helmet would be pretty sweet.

Too many plain white helmets with white facemasks today. 

Air Force/Wyoming in the snow is pretty awesome.

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

WVU wearing their white throwback helmet today:

Goodness that 5 is horrible.

Think it's about time for WV to scrap that number font and go back to the drawing board.

(My personal opinion...the uniforms they had before those, of the Pat White/Steve Station/Owen Schmitt days, was the best WV has ever looked. Don't @ me.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 hours ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

I dont they just look like different finishes so much as they are different finishes. The orange-er looking shells (speedflexes) are reflecting the same light fixtures as the red-er looking shells, and the difference in distance between the two from said light fixtures is negligible, which all but rules out the possibility of color/light distortion to the camera lens. That would make me think that there is some coating on the harder speedflex shells that simply couldnt be applied (at least not in the same manner) to the softer Vicis shells.

I think Vicis is one of the companies that demands you use THEM for reconditioning of their helmets or risk voiding their warranty, so I'm assuming that the difference you're seeing is the difference between Riddell's version of that orange and Vicis's version of that orange..

I don’t mind alternate uniforms. I don’t mind changing up combinations week to week. Hell, even a tasteful BFBS or GFGS alt is acceptable if it looks good.

But I should never turn on a game and think “Why the hell is TCU playing Wake Forest in November?”

FnpgIWU.jpg

ocJvdFu.jpg

34 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I don’t mind alternate uniforms. I don’t mind changing up combinations week to week. Hell, even a tasteful BFBS or GFGS alt is acceptable if it looks good.

But I should never turn on a game and think “Why the hell is TCU playing Wake Forest in November?”

FnpgIWU.jpg

ocJvdFu.jpg

Baylor has had that uniform for years but hardly use it. Instead they like using grey pants and jerseys. They need to dump both uniforms. The only thing they add is closet space.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

UCF's throwback helmet last week was cool...the space unis are cool...but they look the best in gold helmets/black jerseys. The one downside is they look like Colorado (with a similar italicized Machine font).

Cincinnati's red helmet is pretty cool. 

Archived