FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Notre Dame looked stupid.

 

Absurd. Just because they're playing in a baseball stadium doesn't mean they have the baseball-ize their uniforms. You're Notre Dame for pete's sake. Very shameful moment. Better is expected of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

 

Absurd. Just because they're playing in a baseball stadium doesn't mean they have the baseball-ize their uniforms. You're Notre Dame for pete's sake. Very shameful moment. Better is expected of them

After that two sided helmet a few years back, no one should expect them to choose the standard uniform for one off games like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The regular colored block A (the one in my avatar) on the matte navy helmet for Arizona looked way better than the all red block A imo. I'm not gonna talk about the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Army have started teasing the release of their Army-Navy game uniforms. No pictures yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably an unpopular opinion: ND looked good in pinstripes, though the helmet should've remained gold.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought LSU would have worn purple tops vs Rice since they are not an SEC opponent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Discrimihater said:

Probably an unpopular opinion: ND looked good in pinstripes, though the helmet should've remained gold.  

Reverse the colors on the sleeves and ise gold pants with five stripes on the side and no one freaks out this bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I noticed, through 7 home games (8 if you count Akron) Nebraska never hosted a team that had pants stripes. So if you went to any game at Memorial stadium this year, no pants stripes would be in sight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msubulldog said:

I thought LSU would have worn purple tops vs Rice since they are not an SEC opponent.

 

LSU doesn't wear purple against all non-SEC opponents...only the first one at night, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msubulldog said:

I thought LSU would have worn purple tops vs Rice since they are not an SEC opponent.

 

Just now, WSU151 said:

LSU doesn't wear purple against all non-SEC opponents...only the first one at night, I think.

 

I was at that game Saturday night, and it had me curious as well...

 

The general unwritten criteria has been that purple jerseys are worn at home for:

 

(1) non-conference games (2) other than the home opener.

 

However, last year we wore our white against Syracuse, which fit the criteria, and this year wore it against Rice, which also fit the criteria.

 

 

Maybe they added two more criteria:

 

(3) unless it's a Power 5 opponent, and (4) unless it's the final home game/Senior night.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B-Rich said:

 

 

I was at that game Saturday night, and it had me curious as well...

 

The general unwritten criteria has been that purple jerseys are worn at home for:

 

(1) non-conference games (2) other than the home opener.

 

However, last year we wore our white against Syracuse, which fit the criteria, and this year wore it against Rice, which also fit the criteria.

 

 

Maybe they added two more criteria:

 

(3) unless it's a Power 5 opponent, and (4) unless it's the final home game/Senior night.

 

 

 

(5) unless it's colder than 78.4 degrees 

 

If the Tigers are actually adding criteria to wear the purple then that's lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 12:01 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

 

I don't think this is viewed as desecration despite what the letter of the law says. Current popular opinion finds this to be acceptable. Even popular and widely loved

Current popular opinion finds this to be acceptable as well.

IMG_9910_eb46e529-3286-4072-b446-d9c340a3235.jpg

 

Doesn't mean it is right.  If you want to honor vets, honor them.  If you want to make a quick buck by playing into modern FOX news notions of "patriotism", slap a flag background on your logo and start selling t-shirts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:05 AM, AstroBull21 said:

I get the inspiration from the Mississippi State helmet, but what is that uni?

 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:26 AM, MJWalker45 said:

 

 

That "Mississippi" wordmark with the interlocking "S's" that was also on the tail of the Air National Guard plane is pretty old; it's been around since the 1980s.  It is featured on state welcome signs, license plates and marketing advertisements,  originally along with the tagline, "It's like coming home".

7122ee8622e6919216bf60e08b82c99d--missis

 

dsc_00011.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kabbey520 said:

The regular colored block A (the one in my avatar) on the matte navy helmet for Arizona looked way better than the all red block A imo. I'm not gonna talk about the game.

The navy with normal logo helmet, just like the normal gloss a few years ago, is soooo good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 5:05 PM, WavePunter said:

I think Vicis is one of the companies that demands you use THEM for reconditioning of their helmets or risk voiding their warranty, so I'm assuming that the difference you're seeing is the difference between Riddell's version of that orange and Vicis's version of that orange..

 

For some reason our Riddell shells look red in natural light but orange under the lights.

 

C87I7017-L.jpg

SP1_2205-L.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, coogrfan said:

 

For some reason our Riddell shells look red in natural light but orange under the lights.

 

C87I7017-L.jpg

SP1_2205-L.jpg

 

Another issue of two different companies' version of the same color.. Look how different the Vicis helmets look here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, coogrfan said:

 

For some reason our Riddell shells look red in natural light but orange under the lights.

 

C87I7017-L.jpg

SP1_2205-L.jpg

 

 

The top picture is warmer-month natural sun light (which is whiter) versus typical stadium lights in the bottom picture (which tend to be more yellow)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 3:46 PM, Duck_Duck said:

Current popular opinion finds this to be acceptable as well.

IMG_9910_eb46e529-3286-4072-b446-d9c340a3235.jpg

 

Doesn't mean it is right.  If you want to honor vets, honor them.  If you want to make a quick buck by playing into modern FOX news notions of "patriotism", slap a flag background on your logo and start selling t-shirts.

 

 

I just see it as harmless fun to be honest. Even the kind of stuff you just posted (though I wouldn't equate it with flags on football uniforms) I don't see any malicious intent to disrespect the flag and country even when it's worn as overalls or a bathing suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.