FightingGoldenDevil

College Football uniforms- 2018

Recommended Posts

Ducks should've had green be their accent color, as opposed to black. Especially since Oregon State is rolling in the all-black attire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Arkansas's all-white look is terrible.  Just wear the red helmets. 

 

Missouri continues to wear the block M on more helmets (black M on black helmet with yellow-gold outlines today)...they might as well just pick a good M design and wear it full time.

 

Virginia/Virginia Tech is a good looking game...Hokies always look great in maroon helmets with white facemasks.

Arkansas-Missouri is almost like a worse version of Nebraska-Iowa. You've got the road team with red and white vs. the home team whose colors are black and gold. Arkansas and Missouri went with the boring all-white vs. all-black while Nebraska and Iowa went with more traditional and colorful sets that make for a way better matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WSU twitter handles are hinting at possible throwback mesh jerseys. Color me interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like WAZZU is going 1998 Gray helmets with Cougars script, all Maroon uniform. Didn't look like mesh jerseys, but I'm a few beers in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Midway said:

WSU twitter handles are hinting at possible throwback mesh jerseys. Color me interested. 

They’re going with the regular crimson jerseys and pants, but they are going with throwback ‘Cougars’ script decals on their grey helmets:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Civil War was a pretty good looking color on color game, with nice contrast between the Ducks’ all-yellow and the Beavs’ all-black with orange accents. It would’ve been better had the Ducks gone with the green jerseys, and if the Beavs had gone with their fauxbacks or at least some more orange, but it was still a pretty nice looking game nonetheless.

311_rlr22156.jpeg

9c8_rlr0113.jpeg

4b4_rlr22597.jpeg

220_rlr22483.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OU-WV has some great looking colors. I'm not a huge fan of WV's current set, but B-B-Y is probably their best combo. Oklahoma picked a great game to break out the Red and cream. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

They’re going with the regular crimson jerseys and pants, but they are going with throwback ‘Cougars’ script decals on their grey helmets:

 

 

Cougs should wear this helmet way more often...maybe/probably/definitely every game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Cougs should wear this helmet way more often...maybe/probably/definitely full time. 

 

It’s great for the Apple Cup but I don’t like it full time. Needs to be paired with gray pants, ideally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TenaciousG said:

 

It’s great for the Apple Cup but I don’t like it full time. Needs to be paired with gray pants, ideally. 

 

Yeah that'd be ok. Tonight just has a strong 1992 Apple Cup feel, which was great aesthetically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Oklahoma,

 

You’re a classic team with classic uniforms. Your alternates are pretty good for one-offs, but for a prime time game on Thanksgiving weekend, please stick to the primaries.

 

Sincerely,

Some random guy on the internet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

Yeah that'd be ok. Tonight just has a strong 1992 Apple Cup feel, which was great aesthetically.

 

Wow. This is pretty cool. Same uniform combinations and same weather conditions. WSU even with the same helmet script.

 

applesnow22_200341-1020x701.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Arkansas-Missouri is almost like a worse version of Nebraska-Iowa. You've got the road team with red and white vs. the home team whose colors are black and gold. Arkansas and Missouri went with the boring all-white vs. all-black while Nebraska and Iowa went with more traditional and colorful sets that make for a way better matchup.

 

I preferred the way Bielema and Pinkel/Odom approached this game where we both wore our home uniforms against each other. Black vs red always looked much better than yesterday’s combo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Predictably, Michigan is going white over white for The Game. I was hoping they’d bust out the maize pants for this one, but I would’ve been pretty surprised if they actually did that, especially after last season’s blowout loss at Penn State where they did go white over maize. Also, Ohio State is wearing their regular red jerseys in warmups, so it looks like they’re not going with the throwbacks after all? Unless they change to the throwbacks right before the game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Predictably, Michigan is going white over white for The Game. I was hoping they’d bust out the maize pants for this one, but I would’ve been pretty surprised if they actually did that, especially after last season’s blowout loss at Penn State where they did go white over maize. Also, Ohio State is wearing their regular red jerseys in warmups, so it looks like they’re not going with the throwbacks after all? Unless they change to the throwbacks right before the game...

They ran on field in regular unis, so no change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I still think OSU-Mich should be color vs color one of these times. 

 

I think it’s time for football to go the soccer route and allow teams to wear their choice of uniform as long as there is sufficient differentiation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I still think OSU-Mich should be color vs color one of these times. 

Next year would be a good time to try it with it being the 150th college anniversary.  

 

22 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

 

I think it’s time for football to go the soccer route and allow teams to wear their choice of uniform as long as there is sufficient differentiation.

I'm surprised that the NFL hasn't started this already as a way to move away from Color Rush. 

3 hours ago, razorback447 said:

 

I preferred the way Bielema and Pinkel/Odom approached this game where we both wore our home uniforms against each other. Black vs red always looked much better than yesterday’s combo. 

Mizzou as BGB and Arkansas as RRW would be the best look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

OU-WV has some great looking colors. I'm not a huge fan of WV's current set, but B-B-Y is probably their best combo. Oklahoma picked a great game to break out the Red and cream. 

 

 

 

 

Big fan of WV's look as well, though upon first sight the first thing that comes to mind is Cal Bears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.