College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

18 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks are finally switching things up with their new uniform set and going with the “traditional” yellow/green/yellow for Monday’s RedBox Bowl:

This is the combo I’ve been waiting to see all season, and it was definitely worth the wait. I’m hoping this a sign of things to come next season, where they’re more open to doing some tasteful mixing and matching instead of sticking with the monochrome combos. 

It’s amazing how much Nike controls the narrative with uniform trends. Because of color rush, they convinced schools and even other uniform suppliers that monochrome sells (or sells recruits), even though there’s no concrete evidence to back that up. Oregon doesn’t even have to look good to make people pay attention, although this combo is about as good as they can look in their current set.

Watch next year as they extend the huge number fad to even more schools.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

My favorite part of that is the green accessories!!

are those different shoes? They look like yellow with green accents

Nope, they’re the same cleats they wore with the all-green set earlier this year:

41462059_856413917816137_920945115449524

Also, here’s a couple more looks at the yellow/green/yellow combo:

49497925_10156907528694706_7407536108365

48981125_10156907528769706_2200375573249

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

It’s amazing how much Nike controls the narrative with uniform trends. Because of color rush, they convinced schools and even other uniform suppliers that monochrome sells (or sells recruits), even though there’s no concrete evidence to back that up. Oregon doesn’t even have to look good to make people pay attention, although this combo is about as good as they can look in their current set.

Watch next year as they extend the huge number fad to even more schools.

While I agree with your basic point, I can't blame Nike entirely.. here's a couple reasons why:

Clemson, for big games, has traditionally worn "orange britches".. translation: "mono orange".. not their traditional look, but historically relevant and meaningful, and as a rare thing, a good solid look.

My high school (Summerville, SC) is very similar to Clemson.. we traditionally wear Kelly green helmets and jerseys, over either white or yellow gold pants.. for big home games, we wear all green (we are the Green Wave), and have had periods where we would go white jersey and white pants for big road games.. just a change of pace to signify a big game.. but the rarity made it meaningful.. 

Lastly, as a head Equipment Manager at the college level, I can tell you that certain players and coaches just prefer the look of an all red or all white or all grey uniform.. it borderline disgusts me, but it's a popular look with a very diverse group, that I don't believe are ALL influenced heavily by Nike and Oregon..

1 hour ago, WavePunter said:

While I agree with your basic point, I can't blame Nike entirely.. here's a couple reasons why:

Clemson, for big games, has traditionally worn "orange britches".. translation: "mono orange".. not their traditional look, but historically relevant and meaningful, and as a rare thing, a good solid look.

My high school (Summerville, SC) is very similar to Clemson.. we traditionally wear Kelly green helmets and jerseys, over either white or yellow gold pants.. for big home games, we wear all green (we are the Green Wave), and have had periods where we would go white jersey and white pants for big road games.. just a change of pace to signify a big game.. but the rarity made it meaningful.. 

Lastly, as a head Equipment Manager at the college level, I can tell you that certain players and coaches just prefer the look of an all red or all white or all grey uniform.. it borderline disgusts me, but it's a popular look with a very diverse group, that I don't believe are ALL influenced heavily by Nike and Oregon..

SVL looks best in Green/Green/Gold. It should be the only combo they ever wear at home. It would be even better if they put the Gold outline on the numbers. 

Dont even get me started on those ugly white helmets from last season. Just a monstrosity. 

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

9 minutes ago, andycumbee19 said:

SVL looks best in Green/Green/Gold. It should be the only combo they ever wear at home. It would be even better if they put the Gold outline on the numbers. 

Dont even get me started on those ugly white helmets from last season. Just a monstrosity. 

They've had them for 2 seasons now, and I'm right there with you..

But green pants once a year for Stratford or Fort at home is a must..

13 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

Wazzu could have worn the grey helmets and britches. Would have beautified and diversified this Alamo Bowl matchup 

I think the flat grey helmets are dull and drab. The shiny scarlet helmets are best IMO. I would like to see it paired with a shiny silver version. Since I am a bit older, I would love to see the logo replaced with the classic script "cougars ".  Like with most teams, there is really no need for a white alt helmet. 

20 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

Wazzu could have worn the grey helmets and britches. Would have beautified and diversified this Alamo Bowl matchup 

Hell, Iowa State could have worn red helmets and yellow pants to make things more visually appealing too. Hate the all white look in football *shakes fist*

Hotter Than July > Thriller

What’s with everyone wearing turf tape all of a sudden. I get why Kamara wears it being that he plays on some of the most unforgiving turf in the league at the superdome, but when you are playing on probably the softest grass you ever will there is no need for it. Is it all just a fashion statement?

2 hours ago, dont care said:

What’s with everyone wearing turf tape all of a sudden. I get why Kamara wears it being that he plays on some of the most unforgiving turf in the league at the superdome, but when you are playing on probably the softest grass you ever will there is no need for it. Is it all just a fashion statement?

You can definitely get torn up on nice grass. Personally, I’d take any measures possible to avoid opening wounds on an athletic field with how much spit, sweat, and who knows what else sits and festers there.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

9 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Michigan and Florida in the Peach Bowl has to be up there for best uniform matchup this bowl season 

Dvm6i0MXQAEh4fX?format=jpg&name=large

It's gotta be up there.  I've grown to not hate Florida's number font quite as much, but I wish they'd wear a traditional block.  That orange helmet really pops under that dome lighting.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived