College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

Just now, jmac11281 said:

But of course you have to keep the "Gray Ghost" look...because Nike cannot redo any set without have some kind of gray in it.

Honestly the "gray ghost" thing...it's fun.  Let them have their one thing.  It's unique by Illinois standards.

As long as it's not permanently integrated into the rest of their brand through accents and stuff, it's fine.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bowld said:

Illinois has become completely irrelevant. Growing up they always had good football and basketball teams. What the hell happened to them

In football, at least, they play in a conference with Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State.

I'll give them 50/50 odds against Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland. 

Not sure about basketball. Others on here probably have a theory. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

But of course you have to keep the "Gray Ghost" look...because Nike cannot redo any set without have some kind of gray in it.

Not really a Nike problem, it's what teams want now.

It's a trend that people like.

d3e0da4b520935e43728b9346a9e28bd.jpg529971ee95265.preview-620.jpgClaytonThorsonWisconsinvNorthwestern4Z9C9575207.jpeg625827860.jpg

1 hour ago, BJ Sands said:

The old set had too many striping problems and inconsistencies. This takes care of that and stresses the school colors. I'm fine with these.

They could have just fixed the inconsistencies. Removal of all stripes is a complete downgrade. 

The all-orange looks like pumpkins.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It looks like an intern had a template file given to them, and after he put the I on the helmet he was fired.  Nike thought he was done, and they shipped it anyway.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Looks like I have some business in the Unpopular Opinions thread...

...I like the Illinois change.  I've always liked uniforms with no white, though (Iowa State, Cavalies, etc.)  I also did not like that orange shiny helmet from last year...it came off almost looking like a shiny version of Texas's color.  I think this helmet is a sizeable upgrade.  I like the orange and blue jersey.  I wish the white would outline the numbers. I wish the pants 1) had stripes and 2) we not worn with the same-colored jersey.  Also, don't prefer the gray.

Though I don't like that the 9 is not just and upside-down six.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 4/2/2018 at 11:22 AM, pianoknight said:

Wish more schools would do this.  Wisconsin uses the same number font for football and basketball, but not all sports.  Hockey is very close, but seems slightly off and then baseball just does its own thing entirely.

Really helps tie together a brand.

Baseball at Wisconsin??? Club sport only, if they have that even.

It's where I sit.

The Illinois new uniforms are exactly like Syracuse's minus the 44 degree angle lines on the numbers and the shoulder caps. Now usually Illinois and Syracuse redo their uniforms the same time, so maybe stay tuned, but otherwise man that's way too similar

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Some Oregon players have been testing out some new jerseys from Nike, as seen here on Ugo Amadi (#7):

_DSC0850.jpg_DSC0887.jpg

Tough to see the details, but this could be something to keep on a eye out for, as it very likely could be a prototype for Nike’s next template.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

57 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Some Oregon players have been testing out some new jerseys from Nike, as seen here on Ugo Amadi (#7):

_DSC0850.jpg_DSC0887.jpg

Tough to see the details, but this could be something to keep on a eye out for, as it very likely could be a prototype for Nike’s next template.

6AzDHCN.png

It's just the Vapor Unstoppable template. No changes from last year. You can see the back of number 30 has the mesh pattern there. Other pics on the site show that the green has the same pattern as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

6AzDHCN.png

It's just the Vapor Unstoppable template. No changes from last year. You can see the back of number 30 has the mesh pattern there. Other pics on the site show that the green has the same pattern as well.

1) It’s the Vapor Untouchable template, not Unstoppable. 2) #30 has one of the regular practice jerseys on, which is why I highlighted #7 in the photos I posted, because he’s one of the few players who’ve been testing out the new ones. Look at his jersey again, specifically the collar and chest with the seams going from above the armpit area to just above the numbers. And then on the back you can see a new horizontal seam above the numbers.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, H11K said:

Not sure why they needed to change, but these are fine, plain, and simple. Lateral move for them.

agree and what's so bad about helmet stripes? 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

6 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Huge downgrade for Illinois...

4-8 outfits for a 4-8 outfit.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived