College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

As I said in the Dolphins thread,Ā Ā @Brown1Ā andĀ @andrewharringtonĀ -- knock off the bickering, or these threads are getting shut down. And everyone else, stop putting in your two cents or your armchair analysis; it's only dragging things out.

Ā 

Let's keep the focus on college football uniforms.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Ā 

They were still wearing the swoosh for the spring game, right? So we didnā€™t get a look at the new numbers or type on the jersey, just the updated monogram on the helmet?

Ā 

That's the way I saw it. Jerseys were old, helmet decals are new.Ā 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

Ā 

ojNNazQ.jpg

25 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Correct. Outside of maybe wearing Jordan football shoes and gloves I don't think they would have much Jordan gear until fall camp.

Yeah, I'd expect a big uniform reveal before seeing them on field.. Unless I missed something

On 4/13/2018 at 12:41 PM, aawagner011 said:

Oklahoma finally acknowledged what we all knew was coming.

Ā 

The article says that change to the new fonts will occur as replacementĀ uniforms are needed rather than an overnight change for all sports.

Ā 

However, with OUā€™s Jumpman announcement, Iā€™d expect football and basketball to be some of the first to debut the new gear since theyā€™re already updating those programs.

Ā 

Ā 

I wonder what this means for the future of the wood grain alternates

AmPJ0Ty.pngĀ 

13 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

I wonder what this means for the future of the wood grain alternates

Ā 

Any reason they would get rid of them? The new OU looks to be the same style as the wood grain helmets...maybe an update to the wordmark on the alternate jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ā 

I'd be shocked if OU kept the current woodgrain alternates. I think they've run their course with the fans.

Ā 

If I had to speculate, I'd say new alts are coming. I think woodgrain as a design element could very well still be a part of it, but the design will likely change.

I live in OKC. Can't remember if I read it or heard it on the radio, but Lincoln Riley stated the woodgrain alts are history. New alts in the future.Ā 

Ā 

OU has had that same helmet logo for 50 (?) years or so. I assume they put the updated logo on the helmet for the Spring Game to see if the fans would accept it. I thought there would be an uproar, but it barely made the news. I noticed it immediately on TV, but those at the game couldn't tell the difference.

Ā 

I'm not sure when the Jordan brand unis will be revealed, but I can tell you the fanbase would be set if the jerseys don't have "Sooners" across the chest. That's kind of an Oklahoma and Texas-area jersey tradition down here. Oklahoma, Oklahoma St (not anymore), Texas, Texas Tech, Arkansas (not anymore), SMU, etc all have or had large word marking above the numbers on the chest.Ā 

55 minutes ago, Rixaroo said:

I live in OKC. Can't remember if I read it or heard it on the radio, but Lincoln Riley stated the woodgrain alts are history. New alts in the future.Ā 

Ā 

OU has had that same helmet logo for 50 (?) years or so. I assume they put the updated logo on the helmet for the Spring Game to see if the fans would accept it. I thought there would be an uproar, but it barely made the news. I noticed it immediately on TV, but those at the game couldn't tell the difference.

Ā 

I'm not sure when the Jordan brand unis will be revealed, but I can tell you the fanbase would be set if the jerseys don't have "Sooners" across the chest. That's kind of an Oklahoma and Texas-area jersey tradition down here. Oklahoma, Oklahoma St (not anymore), Texas, Texas Tech, Arkansas (not anymore), SMU, etc all have or had large word marking above the numbers on the chest.Ā 

Ā 

Itā€™s definitely not a big enough change to cause an uproar. I honestly donā€™t think a vast, vast majority of peopleĀ would have noticed if they didnā€™t put out a press release. Itā€™s actually quiteĀ difficultĀ to pick out which is whichĀ without the benefit of comparing them. Seeing them together makesĀ spottingĀ the difference much easier, and you can see all they did was improve the composition and clarityĀ (strongerĀ corners, a little widthĀ to balance the footprint better,Ā a little more breathing room between the letters to even out the positive/negative balance and improve it for use onĀ screens and in other small applications, that kind of stuff). In other words...Ā great design.

Ā 

oklahoma-jordan-brand

CFZQLONPQKSQMSN.20180413145250.jpg

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

48 minutes ago, Rixaroo said:

Ā 

The "Sooners" above the numbers does seem like a must-have (and I think Arkansas still has it or "Razorbacks" on their jerseys).Ā 

Ā 

Unpopular opinion in Sooner Country: I liked the 90s uniforms with "Oklahoma" on the chest and the sleeve stripes.

Ā 

Ā 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Ā 

The "Sooners" above the numbers does seem like a must-have (and I think Arkansas still has it or "Razorbacks" on their jerseys).Ā 

Ā 

Unpopular opinion in Sooner Country: I liked the 90s uniforms with "Oklahoma" on the chest and the sleeve stripes.

Ā 

Ā 

If John Blake hadn't been such a bad fit they could still be wearing those.Ā 

km3S7lo.jpg

Ā 

Zqy6osx.png

Ā 

15 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, Arkansas has it, but I suppose I'm mainly talking about the larger, plain font. Basically the same as aĀ name plate.Ā 

The alterations to the official logo are indeed very minor, but the changes made to the helmet decal were more drastic. The previous version was much narrower than the official logo.

Ā 

The previous version had been tweaked every so slightly thought the years, but has essentially been the same since 1967.

Ā 

DawYjT8VAAAFUIE.jpg

18 hours ago, JPDesign said:

The alterations to the official logo are indeed very minor, but the changes made to the helmet decal were more drastic. The previous version was much narrower than the official logo.

Ā 

The previous version had been tweaked every so slightly thought the years, but has essentially been the same since 1967.

Ā 

DawYjT8VAAAFUIE.jpg

Ā 

Good spot. Another importantĀ outcome of a redesign like this is that every OU will now be the same OU.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

39 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Ā 

Good spot. Another importantĀ outcome of a redesign like this is that every OU will now be the same OU.

Ā 

That's typically the entire point of these kind of changes. There are too many iterations, regardless all minor differences, out and about. With a cohesive branding with a single logo edition, it does wonders. Branding, naturally, but also an easier time cutting down on knockoff goods. Licensed merchandise will no doubt have the new logo. Anything without it will easily be known as unlicensed.Ā 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

Ā 

ojNNazQ.jpg

19 hours ago, JPDesign said:

Ā 

Ā 

DawYjT8VAAAFUIE.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

The "Wood" helmets have always had the more modern version of the interlocking OU on them. Granted not this "new" version...

ff440307c96e06638f956f3a11454626.jpg

Archived