College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oklahoma update reminds me of Notre Dame's update two years ago. A nice update that is more soundly designed than what it replaced, but will go unnoticed by the vast majority of fans.

Side Note: The Notre Dame section of the mothership is in serious need of updates. It's still using the previous ND logo, and the previous logo is improperly dated to 1964, while it came out in 2010. Part of the problem is that they had been so inconsistent over the years with slight variations, and used multiple versions at the same time. It was so damn confusing that my replica 2001-2003 adidas jersey has the ND sleeve logo from the Champion jerseys.

spacer.png

21 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Since OU is switching to Jordan, does that mean the alternates will change templates and ditch the ginormous collars?

Here is to hoping that NO alternates are in the future for OU. :o

5 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Looks like no military theme for this year's spring game in Eugene.

30710057_1410288762410122_4204815717708530708646_1410288759076789_90456403974511

Sigh. Oregon used to be the cool, hip school. Hell, even as a UCLA fan I loved Oregon because of its "brand". Those days are long gone now that the team is average and the uniforms are all over the place. This image alone looks like 2 completely different teams

^Worth noting that they didn’t explicitly say those were the uniforms for the spring game, but it definitely does seem like it. On the bright side, their recruiting account had this to say:

Hopefully that means there’ll be some sort of change for the upcoming season, though the extent of the change(s) is unknown. Last year I was able to get a buddy of mine to spill a little bit of info, so I’ll see if I can get get some clarification/insight into what to expect.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Georgia Tech revealed their standardized gold and new wordmark. No more yellow/mustard gold.

http://www.gtathl.com/

wordmark.png

The horizontal cross on the H does not match up with the crossmarks on the G and the R (which are essentially triangles). And for some reason, the cross in the H goes further to the left than the cross in the R.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The new wordmark looks pretty nice, although they should have extended the horizontal bars on the baseline of the E's to match the other letters.

The new shade of gold is a disappointment. It's pretty much the blandest shade of vegas gold imaginable. 

The uniforms will undoubtedly suck, because the TechFit template makes every uniform look horrible.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2 hours ago, Rixaroo said:

So far, I've loved what Virginia and Virginia Tech have done. Minnesota and Illinois pooped the bed with their updates. Who else are we anticipating? Florida and OU's jumpman update, Iowa St, TCU, ???

I would expect OU to simply update their word mark and number font but otherwise keep the status quo. Perhaps introduce new alts to replace the Bring the Wood set. Florida will probably be a simple Jumpman logo swap. They already have well established custom word marks and number fonts from a previous Nike refresh.

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The horizontal cross on the H does not match up with the crossmarks on the G and the R (which are essentially triangles). And for some reason, the cross in the H goes further to the left than the cross in the R.  

The crossmarks of the G's are just slightly lower than those of the E's, R, and H too. This bothers me. 

The Oregon offensive players wore the green helmets in today’s walk through ahead of tomorrow’s spring game:

That likely means that the offensive team (they’re just having the offense go against the defense, rather than doing it draft-style or going 1’s vs. 2’s) will likely be in all-green tomorrow instead of the black/green/black that was advertised. I also saw a yellow helmet with decals being prepped by a student equipment manager on one of the players’ IG stories, which suggests that the defensive team will be in all-yellow tomorrow, as opposed to black/yellow/black. So the matchup will likely look like this:

justin-herbert-oregon-ducks-a50974ad41972017.10.7.emg_.ADE_.UO_.UO_.FB_.Vs_.WSU-

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Georgia Tech had their spring game and the field had a new yard marking font. I suspect it will match their new uniforms. I wouldn’t see any other reason for them to introduce a very specific font just for the field. Sorry, these are the best pics I can find.

wyAdf57

EmpRI1y

Edit- I should specify, I’m talking about just the number font. We already had the streamlined logo and new word mark unveiled earlier.

12 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Georgia Tech had their spring game and the field had a new yard marking font. I suspect it will match their new uniforms. I wouldn’t see any other reason for them to introduce a very specific font just for the field. Sorry, these are the best pics I can find.

wyAdf57

EmpRI1y

Edit- I should specify, I’m talking about just the number font. We already had the streamlined logo and new word mark unveiled earlier.

It makes sense that the field numbers match the word font, I was hoping they would have rolled out uniforms as well but it's par for the course to delay them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

UW wore both of their chrome helmets in today’s spring game:

Hopefully that’s not a sign that they’re planning on wearing them more often this season. Also, if you look closely in those photos, you can see that they’ve upgraded to the Vapor Untouchable template for their last season with Nike. They’ve kept the design the same though, which isn’t surprising since they’re moving to Adidas in 2019.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 hours ago, upperV03 said:

UW wore both of their chrome helmets in today’s spring game:

Hopefully that’s not a sign that they’re planning on wearing them more often this season. Also, if you look closely in those photos, you can see that they’ve upgraded to the Vapor Untouchable template for their last season with Nike. They’ve kept the design the same though, which isn’t surprising since they’re moving to Adidas in 2019.

I'm sure we'll see more of them, though I thought they said the adidas uniforms would veer back towards tradition, which makes me wonder why not do that now if you're changing templates?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived