College Football uniforms- 2018

FightingGoldenDevil

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/20/2018 at 8:34 AM, Rixaroo said:

So far, I've loved what Virginia and Virginia Tech have done. Minnesota and Illinois pooped the bed with their updates. Who else are we anticipating? Florida and OU's jumpman update, Iowa St, TCU, ???

According to their Facebook page, Iowa State is expected to get new uniforms shortly before their first game of the season.  A lot of schools already unveil new unis this spring, others wait until very end shortly before the season starts.  I was hoping to hear more info, and will do so once they announce when they are going unveil their new look.

22 minutes ago, orangefaniniowa said:

According to their Facebook page, Iowa State is expected to get new uniforms shortly before their first game of the season.  A lot of schools already unveil new unis this spring, others wait until very end shortly before the season starts.  I was hoping to hear more info, and will do so once they announce when they are going unveil their new look.

I'm expecting a Minnesota like redesign with ISU. I have very low expectations. Guessing lots of gray and lots of combos. I think Campbell wants to put his stamp on the team like PJ Fleck. I love the USC ripoffs (if you want to call it that). ISU's cyclone font is fantastic though-hope they keep that. 

2 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Hopefully my Horned Frogs get a new look. The frogskin is outdated and we need a fresh, modern look. 

I think the frog skin works well when it's on the helmet or used as trim. Slapping it all over the purple jersey and pants was a bad idea. The smaller collar of the Vapor unis would help their look as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think the frog skin works well when it's on the helmet or used as trim. Slapping it all over the purple jersey and pants was a bad idea. The smaller collar of the Vapor unis would help their look as well. 

They already switched to the Vapor template last year:

kenny-hill-tcu-loses-to-iowa-state.jpg?ialamo-bowl-stanford-vs-tcu-122817-01*120

DHhnU3JVwAAC1NM?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Those came out a couple of years ago, how the hell are you getting the idea that they look outdated?

I just don’t think they look good. Thats all. I think they come off as more of a “camo” type thing. I get the idea, I just think it maybe could have been exicuted a bit better. Just my opinion, but the uniform set we wore before the frogskin was great. And the ones LT wore were even better! 

On 4/22/2018 at 10:59 AM, Cardsblues02 said:

Hopefully my Horned Frogs get a new look. The frogskin is outdated and we need a fresh, modern look. 

The current AD tweeted a few weeks ago that he was in a meeting with Nike going over designs to coincide with stadium expansion completions in 2019. I don’t think there will be any changes this upcoming season. 

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

9 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

With the release of Adidas's new template a few months back, will bigger Adidas schools like ASU, Louisville or TAMU be getting the new template this year? I haven't heard anything on that

The template seems to be the same as the previous PrimeKnit, just with a newer woven pattern in the fabric.. I don't foresee it being the driving force behind any major design changes..

On 4/11/2018 at 1:18 PM, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

New V-Tech uniforms. Honestly not bad, but I kinda liked the old ones better tbh.

I like the old ones with the UCLA jersey stripes so much better.  I'm not a fan of those shoulder stripes and I find the monochrome orange uniform hideous.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

14 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

Has any team announced they will use the new pattern?

No, but they never really announces the move to Primeknit 1 unless it was during a promotion or showing off an alternate. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 hours ago, WavePunter said:

The template seems to be the same as the previous PrimeKnit, just with a newer woven pattern in the fabric.. I don't foresee it being the driving force behind any major design changes..

Just a bit of housekeeping, but knits and wovens are basically the two polar opposites of fabric types.

Knits are made from a continuous yarn that’s looped to create the structure, which is naturally stretchy and wrinkle resistant.

Wovens use multiple yarns (the warp and weft) to create the structure. They are less stretchy (unless created with elastic yarns) and less wrinkle resistant.

A garment’s base fabric is usually a knit. The lettering, numbering, and patches are usually a twill, which is a woven fabric.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Just a bit of housekeeping, but knits and wovens are basically the two polar opposites of fabric types.

Knits are made from a continuous yarn that’s looped to create the structure, which is naturally stretchy and wrinkle resistant.

Wovens use multiple yarns (the warp and weft) to create the structure. They are less stretchy (unless created with elastic yarns) and less wrinkle resistant.

A garment’s base fabric is usually a knit. The lettering, numbering, and patches are usually a twill, which is a woven fabric.

You're correct.. I absent-mindedly used the term "woven", when the template is clearly called "prime-KNIT".. oversight on my part, but thanks for the clarification

On 4/20/2018 at 9:25 AM, Rixaroo said:

Georgia+Southern+v+Georgia+Tech+cbXstoBP

If Adidas just manages to standardize GT's use of gold, that will be a big win, regardless of which gold they use.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

19 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

With the release of Adidas's new template a few months back, will bigger Adidas schools like ASU, Louisville or TAMU be getting the new template this year? I haven't heard anything on that

That’s expected to happen, but it won’t be probably won’t be announced until August/September if at all. With the switch to Primeknit in 2015, some teams announced it and others were more discrete and just “revealed” them by wearing them in the first game of the season.

I know Miami’s equipment twitter account explicitly stated that the Primeknit pattern would be gone next season, implying a switch to A1. And Mississippi State wore last season’s pants in this year’s spring game/practices which usually implies that updated ones are coming in the fall.

I would think at the least ASU, Nebraska, Indiana, Louisville, NC State, Miami, A&M, and Mississippi State should be on the A1 Template this fall.

50 minutes ago, pscf3 said:

And Mississippi State wore last season’s pants in this year’s spring game/practices which usually implies that updated ones are coming in the fall.

Something that surprised me is some teams that had Vapor templates last fall wore Elite 51's this spring. Penn State jumped out at me right away. They don't use them for practice so I guess they still had old stock that they'll sell off after the game.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

19 hours ago, Mitch B said:

I like the old ones with the UCLA jersey stripes so much better.  I'm not a fan of those shoulder stripes and I find the monochrome orange uniform hideous.

Plain pants are the worst. These were the best VT uniforms ever in my opinion: 

december-04-2010-virginia-tech-hokies-qu

dyrell-roberts-11-split-end-of-the-virgi

Virginia+Tech+v+Duke+e7cctyPKhxdl.jpg

spacer.png

5 hours ago, nuordr said:

Plain pants are the worst. These were the best VT uniforms ever in my opinion: 

dyrell-roberts-11-split-end-of-the-virgi

That is a football unIform.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived